2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Dieselbike

by Dieselbike

baldav74 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:03 pm
Info this morning by E-mail (Canyon France)
Nothing crisp but good ...

Dear David,
Thank you for your email.
We are sincerely sorry for this delay and the lack of information.
Frankly, we don't have much more information than you do on your Aeroad.
Indeed, the repairs started a little less than 2 months ago now, and according to the latest information received by our factory, all models will go to quality control in the next 15 days, to then be able to ship them as soon as possible. .
We sincerely hope that this deadline will be respected, and that you can get your bike as soon as possible.
Who thinks we will know more within the next 15 days? (14 days from today?)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

Dieselbike wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:32 pm
baldav74 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:03 pm
Info this morning by E-mail (Canyon France)
Nothing crisp but good ...

Dear David,
Thank you for your email.
We are sincerely sorry for this delay and the lack of information.
Frankly, we don't have much more information than you do on your Aeroad.
Indeed, the repairs started a little less than 2 months ago now, and according to the latest information received by our factory, all models will go to quality control in the next 15 days, to then be able to ship them as soon as possible. .
We sincerely hope that this deadline will be respected, and that you can get your bike as soon as possible.
Who thinks we will know more within the next 15 days? (14 days from today?)
Hell no.

Dieselbike

by Dieselbike

No Santa this Christmas!

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

You know whats really annoying though, is even if you sign up for notifications on when its avaiable on the store again, you wont get them. Because like last time the new di2 models will be "new" models, so we will miss out on ordering the new version if we arent paying attention. I was going to go on the chat and say give me and update or im cancelling but they want cancellations so theyd call my bluff then i would be in a worse situation.

pedrop

by pedrop

I have received now the call from canyon Italia to book the seat post reparation...1 December... fingers crossed.
Aeroad CF SL 8 Disc 8kg

Dieselbike

by Dieselbike

Aerohead23 wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:29 pm
You know whats really annoying though, is even if you sign up for notifications on when its avaiable on the store again, you wont get them. Because like last time the new di2 models will be "new" models, so we will miss out on ordering the new version if we arent paying attention. I was going to go on the chat and say give me and update or im cancelling but they want cancellations so theyd call my bluff then i would be in a worse situation.
I had the exact same problem. I didn't get the notification back in January even though I had selected multiple specs of the old bike listings. I only got my order in because I was checking the site daily.

Like you, when I pushed for a delivery date and questioned the 12sp release I was told to cancel my exsiting order. It felt like I would be doing them a favour if I cancelled.

EsotericCyclist

by EsotericCyclist

Aerohead23 wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:29 pm
Yep, that is kinda of annoying. Their notification system doesn't work quick enough really and I only got mine last time by being lucky at the time of checking the site.

MattVega

by MattVega

Hi hello, long time lurker here :) From Belgium.

I have been waiting since june to buy an Aeroad CF SL8, but with all the problems going on... yeah; I don't know.

I have seen a friend with an Aeroad CF SL7, and I think that the seatpost, even with the sleeve, has a serious design flaw. He got it installed ( size M ) and even now the new Seatpost is getting really dirty inside. I think it's not if but when until the seatpost will need to be revised again. ( the inside seems really abrasive )

Thinking of ordering the Orbea Orca aero M20LTD , around the same price point and I can choose all the colours, and crank sizes myself.

Dieselbike

by Dieselbike

MattVega wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:05 am

I have been waiting since june to buy an Aeroad CF SL8, but with all the problems going on... yeah; I don't know.

I have seen a friend with an Aeroad CF SL7, and I think that the seatpost, even with the sleeve, has a serious design flaw. He got it installed ( size M ) and even now the new Seatpost is getting really dirty inside. I think it's not if but when until the seatpost will need to be revised again. ( the inside seems really abrasive )

Thinking of ordering the Orbea Orca aero M20LTD , around the same price point and I can choose all the colours, and crank sizes myself.
Is the sleeve letting moisture and dirt in? Or is it abrasion/grease/paste that is causing the dirt?
It would be interesting to see pictures. Also, has your friend been doing any maintenance to clean and reapply the recommended grease to the post and sleeve?
(Assuming Canyon have a recommended maintenance routine for it?)

MattVega

by MattVega

Dieselbike wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:05 am
MattVega wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:05 am

Is the sleeve letting moisture and dirt in? Or is it abrasion/grease/paste that is causing the dirt?
It would be interesting to see pictures. Also, has your friend been doing any maintenance to clean and reapply the recommended grease to the post and sleeve?
(Assuming Canyon have a recommended maintenance routine for it?)
I'll ask for pictures.

The sleeve APPEARS to be letting dirt in. But with the weather lately, can't know for sure. Would be interesting to see if it is actually dry outside to determine wether it's the grease or paste that is causing the durt.

He has not done any cleaning nor maintenance so far ( he only got the bike back like a month ago... If you have to do this each month... yeah... )

He also did not get any recommended maintenance routine for it.

tomtom

by tomtom

Some updates from the Netherlands and my CFR (still very happy with the frame-set!). Contacted Canyon because I still haven't heard anything about the bar-ends replacement;
- They force me to swich bar-ends (40 grams heavier which on the total is a LOT especially because they still brag on the website about beeing 170 grams lighter than the old Aeroad). This was not through and even less now. My old SLX disc was incl default (bars/seatpost/headset) already 20(!) grams lighter. If I don't switch; no money and no frame guarantee anymore (why? A lot of frame issues can be FAR from bar related)
- They also force my to do the BFU sleeve/seatpost (10 grams heavier) "solution" because I would also loose my guarantee on the frame (same here; there could be a lot off non related problems with the frame). At first they also stated that the seatpost was a part of the deal getting the compensation but once I told them this clearly was not in the email they didn't push on. They however staded that not mounting the sleeve would cause "irreparable damage". This is completely different than what they stated up till know; "only cosmestic damage"
- they offered me a new frame (no answer on leadtime yet) because off the fading of the horizontal stripes which are not under the clear coat (and will they be on a new set?)
- I was also offered to return the frameset (without the SRAM parts there is a deduction, but not yet told how high) completely.

All in all quite clear (and disappointing) and no possiblity of changing the bar-ends myself and/or local shop. Thoose 3 options were mentioned by Roman Arnold in an interview in Cycling Tips....
Canyon Aeroad CFR
Canyon Grail CF

EsotericCyclist

by EsotericCyclist

tomtom wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:40 pm
- they offered me a new frame (no answer on leadtime yet) because off the fading of the horizontal stripes which are not under the clear coat (and will they be on a new set?)
I was under the impression that those horizontal stripes on the seat stays were just decals like the Canyon name decals all over the bike, couldn't they just peel them off and replace? Also, did they say that the stickers will be going under a clear coat now? Not sure how that will be done especially on the stealth black bike, on the pro white I could see but that would also add to their claimed weitght of the bike which keeps adding up.

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

Anyone waiting on a bike get an update today?

I heard on another page no bikes will now ship before 2022? is this true?

BertD

by BertD

Aerohead23 wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:12 pm

Is there any other website where future Aeroad owners update each other about their orders, other than that Facebook page?

A few weeks ago I heard on the chat on the website that I would be notified shortly.
As expected total silence since then

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

BertD wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:49 pm
Aerohead23 wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:12 pm

Is there any other website where future Aeroad owners update each other about their orders, other than that Facebook page?

A few weeks ago I heard on the chat on the website that I would be notified shortly.
As expected total silence since then
Their chat told me 5 weeks ago i was going to get an update very very soon and i never did.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com