2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

threefootlongbeaver wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:44 pm
Aerohead23 wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:13 pm
So any one waiting on an order, we wont hear anything until after their stock take which isnt over until the 30th.
They could be sending them before the 27th but for some reason I highly doubt that... Some guy in a Canyon Facebook group mentioned he was asked to pay for his unfilled Aeroad order so that it could be deliverd in October, seems to match this story. Im not sure if he had size S or M, or one of the sizes that will be sent later
Stock checks are standard in all
Companies so I don't think it's anything bad, I just think it will delay the process

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mgrl

by mgrl

Canyon do this every year, it's also why october is a good time to get outlet bikes from them as they've found a load to sell

Mikhallev

by Mikhallev

Little update for those waiting, I got the mail to send the bike back for the handlebar & seatpost replacement. Size medium frame in France.

cberg

by cberg

Mikhallev wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:01 pm
Little update for those waiting, I got the mail to send the bike back for the handlebar & seatpost replacement. Size medium frame in France.
When did you first receive your bike? From what I've read it seems like they wanted to do it in order of first received to last :)

Mikhallev

by Mikhallev

cberg wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:40 pm
When did you first receive your bike? From what I've read it seems like they wanted to do it in order of first received to last :)
Ordered the 6th of october (release day) and received mid-december.

MOSmilli

by MOSmilli

Today, Get Bike Service picked up my Aeroad to change bar and seatpost. According to them, it will be ready end of next week :thumbup:

lazyriderzhao

by lazyriderzhao

Bad news for Canyon lover who is waiting for new Aeroad or waiting to place order.

Dongguan, Guangdong is limiting power supply for high-energy consuming factories, which include carbon composite factory, due to high-temperature weather, to ensure civil power useage. This might last for a week or more and only 1 day in a week will the power be resumed.

Ricky59

by Ricky59

Only FYI I brought my SLX 8 Aeroad (XS) on monday this week for bar change and got a message from Canyon BE today that it was ready for pick up or free delivery. I ordered mine on Jan 12th and it was delivered by Jan 25th. When I went to pick it up I noticed they replaced the saddle pen and the bars. I'll test it tomorrow....
Canyon Aerorad SLX Di2 2021 - Canyon Grizl SLX Di2 - Canyon Precede:ON CF 9 - Cannondale Synapse Hi-Mod Dura Ace Di2

BertD

by BertD

Good for you guys, happy to hear the replacement operation is on full steam!!

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

Ricky59 wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:27 pm
Only FYI I brought my SLX 8 Aeroad (XS) on monday this week for bar change and got a message from Canyon BE today that it was ready for pick up or free delivery. I ordered mine on Jan 12th and it was delivered by Jan 25th. When I went to pick it up I noticed they replaced the saddle pen and the bars. I'll test it tomorrow....
Can you post some pics please?

akb

by akb

Aerohead23 wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:19 pm
Nice thanks. That seat post part looks much better than I thought it would. What's it like under the gasket?
I picked up my CFR yesteday from the Service Center (Eindhoven NL). Although there was only minor wear to the seatpost they replaced it with a new one. The sleeve looks ok-ish. Don't want to disassemble it yet to inspect the internals. There are new instructions on how to place the seatpost back into the frame: clean the seatpost and don't apply any assembly paste.

The new handlebars feels a bit thin compared to the old one. I preferred the "squared rouding" of the original one. Hopefully I will get used to it.

willvousden

by willvousden

Interesting to see that they've taped over the joints on the handlebar. Doesn't that mean you can't disassemble without unwrapping the bar tape?

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

Looking this morning on a bigger screen there seems a lot of room around the seat post within that gasket. was it not meant to be tight to stop water/ dirt ingress?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 08.19.27.png

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com