2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Dieselbike

by Dieselbike

Still no update on XS delivery.

TomS

by TomS

Dieselbike wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:13 am
absolutely nothing from them....
I contacted Canyon Belgium last week and they calim all orders will be shipped by the end of November but at this rate... :noidea:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Jeffouille

by Jeffouille

cberg wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:52 am
Has anyone waiting for an order heard anything in the past one or two weeks? It seems like there was a wave of bikes being delivered, and since then nothing :?
Size S in Germany, no news

cberg

by cberg

TomS wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:01 pm
Dieselbike wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:13 am
absolutely nothing from them....
I contacted Canyon Belgium last week and they calim all orders will be shipped by the end of November but at this rate... :noidea:
When I talked to danish to danish cs at the start of october, they to me that they expected to ship them by this month. Hopefully november holds true, not really much differnce at this point

BertD

by BertD

I don't think this bike actually exists. Anywhere, at all.

Rora

by Rora

Terrible experience with German service and the bike repair. I sent my bike to Germany month ago and still no update. When I asked the support, they gave me this update "Your order is currently still being processed. Due to the high volume of customers, the repair is taking longer than planned. We will try to repair your bike as soon as possible. We ask for your patience."
Last edited by Rora on Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rora

by Rora

Double post

yourrealdad

by yourrealdad

tomtom wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:03 pm
Requiem84 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:51 am
You guys are making each other crazy with these things all the time.

What percentage of the Canyon owners would actually be on Facebook? And what percentage that is on FB would actually post about their bike? Most likely the vasstttt minority.

Canyon can't afford another big manufacturing issue and if cracked frames would be a systematic issue, there would already long be a recall.

Either sit in for the ride and wait for your fabulous bike, or jump ship and go for a safe option (to only discover that all manufacturers can have problems (Tarmac SL7 is a nice example...).
But Specialized fixed this issue quick and without (much) delay.....Canyon is really pushing it imo; I still haven't heard anything from them regarding changing the bars. But they probably don't care that Canyon owners complain on fora, their bikes will sell anyway :twisted:
I will have to politely disagree. It just appears that Specialized was quick to fix the issue. They did not have a major cockpit part fail (most likely due to a previous crash and possible mechanic overtightning) on a televised pro road race. So Canyon pretty much immediately issues a stop ride which no matter how you look at it is going to cost them dollars and customer loyalty. They have to do this in the middle of a complete shortage and back log of parts and factory time.

Specialized on the other hand has secretly know about the SL7 issue for what 6-12 months since newer shipments of the bike came with the fix already in place. They let customers continue to ride the bikes that could have fatal failures while I am sure some bean counter did the math to see if it was worth the blowback and part costs vs possible law suits. Only after it was monitarily approved did they decide that hey maybe we should make out bike safer.

Say what you want about Canyon's communication and time frame it is taking to completley retool two parts of a bike, but I would take that any day over a company knowlingly holding back info about a possible fork issue.

Mocs123

by Mocs123

But would Canyon (or any other bike company) had issued the immeditate stop ride order if it didn't happen to fail on a televised pro road race?

My guess is Canyon's response would look a lot more like Specialized if it hadn't.
2015 Wilier Zero.7 Rim - 6.37kg
2020 Trek Emonda SLR-7 Disc - 6.86kg
2023 Specialized SL7 - 7.18kg

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

Mocs123 wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:11 pm
But would Canyon (or any other bike company) had issued the immeditate stop ride order if it didn't happen to fail on a televised pro road race?

My guess is Canyon's response would look a lot more like Specialized if it hadn't.
I don't think they'd have come out with any fix for the seat post if the bar thing hadn't happened. I reckon they would have just blamed installation .

IchDien

by IchDien

Aerohead23 wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:22 pm
Mocs123 wrote:

I don't think they'd have come out with any fix for the seat post if the bar thing hadn't happened. I reckon they would have just blamed installation .
Correct me if I'm wrong, my memory is a bit hazy in the ten years since this thread started, but weren't they initially blaming installation anyway for the seat post (oh, you used carbon paste etc etc??)

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

IchDien wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:26 pm
Aerohead23 wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:22 pm
Mocs123 wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, my memory is a bit hazy in the ten years since this thread started, but weren't they initially blaming installation anyway for the seat post (oh, you used carbon paste etc etc??)
Yes that's exactly what they said, and they added that dirt was getting in much later. But I don't think they would have added the seal if they didn't have to issue a stop ride for the bars

yourrealdad

by yourrealdad

Since we are all just positing theories I would guess that if MVDP bar hadn't snapped on live TV then Canyon wouldn't have done anything because nothing would ever happen to the bars that people are riding until they crashed or overtightened the clamps, both of which are user error and not really up to Canyon to fix. Now if normal torque was causing the bars to break with no previous damage then that is a different issue, but that isn't what happened. A bar that was crashed was continued to be ridden.
And here we are today being rich, whiny, entitled roadies :lol:

spartacus

by spartacus

yourrealdad wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:44 pm
Since we are all just positing theories I would guess that if MVDP bar hadn't snapped on live TV then Canyon wouldn't have done anything because nothing would ever happen to the bars that people are riding until they crashed or overtightened the clamps, both of which are user error and not really up to Canyon to fix. Now if normal torque was causing the bars to break with no previous damage then that is a different issue, but that isn't what happened. A bar that was crashed was continued to be ridden.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the reason it broke from the crash was because of the clamp design, and that shifters mounted to round bars with normal clamps tend to just rotate in a crash.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

zmjones

by zmjones

spartacus wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:14 am
yourrealdad wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:44 pm
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the reason it broke from the crash was because of the clamp design, and that shifters mounted to round bars with normal clamps tend to just rotate in a crash.
sure maybe it is less survivable in a crash but that isn't really a design priority i don't think. as far as i can tell the only real design issue was maybe the seatpost.