2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cberg

by cberg

White/Large/Ultegra Di2. Ordered on Jan. 12th

TomS

by TomS

cberg wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:19 pm
White/Large/Ultegra Di2. Ordered on Jan. 12th
Great to hear you can soon enjoy your bike. :beerchug:
Hope to get mine before March (SLX di2 Stealth 2XL, ordered Jan 14th '21; Belgium)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

crx777

by crx777

Hey folks, miracles still happen. Without notice, a Canyon box is in front of my door today. The repair carried out at the end of December. Processing time about 4 weeks.
It was exchanged:

Cpt cp0018-01 110sprt 410+/-20 bk
Cayn ep1718-01 Plasma St-Insert m/l
Kit sp rework aro l bk
Kit db rework aro shim dura ace l

Don't know whats pos 3 and 4?!

...today I also received an email confirmation with the refund. Crazy.

tomtom

by tomtom

crx777 wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:36 pm
Hey folks, miracles still happen. Without notice, a Canyon box is in front of my door today. The repair carried out at the end of December. Processing time about 4 weeks.
It was exchanged:

Cpt cp0018-01 110sprt 410+/-20 bk
Cayn ep1718-01 Plasma St-Insert m/l
Kit sp rework aro l bk
Kit db rework aro shim dura ace l

Don't know whats pos 3 and 4?!

...today I also received an email confirmation with the refund. Crazy.
I think 3 & 4 are the new clamps & bolts for the shifters. The old (Canyon) ones are replaced because the bars are traditionally round again in contrary to the former "square" ones. For the square ones Canyon uses their own clamps and reversed mounting screws (just like on the Grail CF with the CP07 cockpit). My Aeroad was ready in 3 days with a new! frameset swab and DIY sprintshifters switched as well. All looked good only the bartape is mounted outside/inside instead of the desired and more logical inside/outside wrapp :shock:
Canyon Aeroad CFR
Canyon Grail CF

cberg

by cberg

Quick advice to anyone paying for a Canyon via bank transfer: Remember to add your customer and order number when you make the payment :oops:

Support were quick to help though, nice to have a good experience with them for once :) (could be because I asked them for help with something they actually have some control over)

raspas

by raspas

cberg wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:13 am
Quick advice to anyone paying for a Canyon via bank transfer: Remember to add your customer and order number when you make the payment :oops:

Support were quick to help though, nice to have a good experience with them for once :) (could be because I asked them for help with something they actually have some control over)
Awesome, happy for you! So what's your expected delivery date?

cberg

by cberg

raspas wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:19 am
cberg wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:13 am

Awesome, happy for you! So what's your expected delivery date?
Next week :beerchug:

yourrealdad

by yourrealdad

Called up Canyon USA just to see how my process was going with the return. They received the bike on the 4th of Jan. The agent said that typically is takes about 4 weeks for the whole process, but they got hit with covid and lost like 70% of their warehouse/mechincs dealing with this so it has slowed them down a bit.

Also said that the process really takes 2-3 weeks, but they let the bike sit for abit to make sure the bonding process takes and if it doesn't they try again. If it does not bond correctly then they replace the bike.

Just posting as more info is always good. Not mad or concerned about the time frame, I was just checking on it.

Cannoli

by Cannoli

yourrealdad wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:00 pm
Called up Canyon USA just to see how my process was going with the return. They received the bike on the 4th of Jan. The agent said that typically is takes about 4 weeks for the whole process, but they got hit with covid and lost like 70% of their warehouse/mechincs dealing with this so it has slowed them down a bit.

Also said that the process really takes 2-3 weeks, but they let the bike sit for abit to make sure the bonding process takes and if it doesn't they try again. If it does not bond correctly then they replace the bike.

Just posting as more info is always good. Not mad or concerned about the time frame, I was just checking on it.
Bonding? Bonding of what? Aren't they just replacing the bar drops, clamps for the levers, and adding a rubber gromet? I have yet to send my two CFRs back. Still on the on the fence.
Canyon Aeroad CFR Di2 | Canyon Ultimate SLX 9.0 Di2 | Trek Domane SL5 Disc (Gravel Bike / Fly-Away Road Bike) | Orbea Tera H-30 Disc (Touring Bike)

TomS

by TomS

Cannoli wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:52 pm
yourrealdad wrote:

Bonding? Bonding of what? Aren't they just replacing the bar drops, clamps for the levers, and adding a rubber gromet? I have yet to send my two CFRs back. Still on the on the fence.
They also replace the insert on the seattube to accomodate the rubber gasket by filing out the old one and glueing in another one...

Cannoli

by Cannoli

TomS wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:22 am
Cannoli wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:52 pm
yourrealdad wrote:

They also replace the insert on the seattube to accomodate the rubber gasket by filing out the old one and glueing in another one...
:thumbup:

Makes sense now. Thank you.
Canyon Aeroad CFR Di2 | Canyon Ultimate SLX 9.0 Di2 | Trek Domane SL5 Disc (Gravel Bike / Fly-Away Road Bike) | Orbea Tera H-30 Disc (Touring Bike)

pedrop

by pedrop

In Canyon Italy, the whole process takes about 7 days. The mechanic said that typically the bonding process takes 3 days.
Aeroad CF SL 8 Disc 8kg

usr

by usr

yourrealdad wrote:
That sounds like the outcome of a *very* painful learning process... Imagine what you'd have to go through to end up having established that last process step!

Dieselbike

by Dieselbike

All this waiting around is very painful too

Dieselbike

by Dieselbike

Just got an interesting update from Canyon. My bike is almost ready. 3/4 of all orders have shipped. Aeroads will be released for sale again as soon as the remaining orders have been shipped.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com