2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Aerohead23 wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:23 pm
Managed to get my self a BMC Timemachine today! Delighted, buying from local shop, so plenty of support and good to buy from a local busines . I will never buy from Canyon again after this debacle.
I really like my TMR.. hope it works for you, I dont regret the purchase one bit
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Aerohead23 wrote:Managed to get my self a BMC Timemachine today! Delighted, buying from local shop, so plenty of support and good to buy from a local busines . I will never buy from Canyon again after this debacle.
Pics somewhere please ImageImage

Basso Diamante super record EPS 12
BMC slr01 ultegra Di2

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

chris14

by chris14

I spoke to someone on the chat in France, this week and asked for availability on aeroad. I was told that it was February 2022. Apparently they are running behind schedule.

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

MrCurrieinahurry wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:40 pm
Aerohead23 wrote:Managed to get my self a BMC Timemachine today! Delighted, buying from local shop, so plenty of support and good to buy from a local busines . I will never buy from Canyon again after this debacle.
Pics somewhere please ImageImage

BMC slr01 ultegra Di2
Wont be picking it up until the 13th but ill stick up pics then.
It has Sram rival axis etap which wasnt my first choice but trying it I was impressed , barely even noticed changing the front ring.

Jeffouille

by Jeffouille

Aerohead23 wrote:
Managed to get my self a BMC Timemachine today! Delighted, buying from local shop, so plenty of support and good to buy from a local busines . I will never buy from Canyon again after this debacle.
Great news! Looking forward to the pictures :thumbup:

EsotericCyclist

by EsotericCyclist

Aerohead23 wrote:
Congrats, specs on it? I was literally just talking to my buddy about a BMC and he says his has been great. Im really starting to look at other brands now and I have to say an integrated cockpit is something that I have grown not to like.

Mick1508

by Mick1508

TomS wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:43 pm
Mick1508 wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:46 pm
I was told today that the 2022 Merida Reacto Team will be available in Aus from May (except XL). I am beginning to doubt Canyon will have anything available by then, and given the constant issues with Canyon, and their obviously shite customer service, I'm now leaning towards the Merida. Which, by all accounts, is a cracking bike, and good value too.
I had the opportinity to buy a Reacto last April, would be deliverd a year from then they said. Naive as I was I thought I would have my Aeroad before April 2022 :-). I looked at a Reacto in Belgium again two weeks ago, and in size XL the Team was sold out and the Ultegra 9000 model was > 19 months waiting (for most sizes)...

Hope you can get your hands on one... :thumbup:
Interesting. The shop told me April for the 2022 Reacto Team, except for the XL size, which would be January 2023. No idea why XL would be so much longer wait.

I'm currently torn- I MIGHT buy the Canyon CFR if it became available, mainly for the Zipp NSWs, as the price is right. But I have zero faith in the brand now, worry there are issues with the frame, and know that Canyon will be terrible at addressing any issues if I have them.

The Reacto may become available in April. Doesn't have the Zipps, but is great value overall and a cracking bike by all accounts. 2022 colours much better than 2021 too (red not orange).

There is a guy in my city selling a barely used (circa 1000km) 2020 Bianchi Oltre XR4 disc, with Sram red axs 12s and Campy Bora WTO 60 wheels, for $1k more than the aeroad and the Reacto. Amazing bike, but I'm not sure I can sleep with paying MORE for a two year-old second hand bike....

de lars cuevas

by de lars cuevas

Mick1508 wrote: ... Which, by all accounts, is a cracking bike...
Well, within the context of this topic, that's not funny. Not funny at all. 😂

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

BMC slr01 ultegra Di2

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

tomtom

by tomtom

Mick1508 wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:13 pm
TomS wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:43 pm
Mick1508 wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:46 pm
I was told today that the 2022 Merida Reacto Team will be available in Aus from May (except XL). I am beginning to doubt Canyon will have anything available by then, and given the constant issues with Canyon, and their obviously shite customer service, I'm now leaning towards the Merida. Which, by all accounts, is a cracking bike, and good value too.
I had the opportinity to buy a Reacto last April, would be deliverd a year from then they said. Naive as I was I thought I would have my Aeroad before April 2022 :-). I looked at a Reacto in Belgium again two weeks ago, and in size XL the Team was sold out and the Ultegra 9000 model was > 19 months waiting (for most sizes)...

Hope you can get your hands on one... :thumbup:
Interesting. The shop told me April for the 2022 Reacto Team, except for the XL size, which would be January 2023. No idea why XL would be so much longer wait.

I'm currently torn- I MIGHT buy the Canyon CFR if it became available, mainly for the Zipp NSWs, as the price is right. But I have zero faith in the brand now, worry there are issues with the frame, and know that Canyon will be terrible at addressing any issues if I have them.

The Reacto may become available in April. Doesn't have the Zipps, but is great value overall and a cracking bike by all accounts. 2022 colours much better than 2021 too (red not orange).

There is a guy in my city selling a barely used (circa 1000km) 2020 Bianchi Oltre XR4 disc, with Sram red axs 12s and Campy Bora WTO 60 wheels, for $1k more than the aeroad and the Reacto. Amazing bike, but I'm not sure I can sleep with paying MORE for a two year-old second hand bike....
Depends strangely enough were you live....in the Netherlands the support of Canyon is no less than very good. I have owned more than 10 Canyon's so far and they always helped me in an excellent way. This time I'm getting a whole new frame because there is a little bit of a paint chip on the horizontal stripes. The way the Aeroad story goes is horrible and especially communication is below average but I think their products are still above average price/performance wise. And yes the Bianchi is nice but it doesn't come close to the Aeroad ;-)!
Canyon Aeroad CFR
Canyon Grail CF

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

Is January 2021 early enough?
Attachments
AFC2EE40-6343-4B6D-9EB9-48417553F109.png

cberg

by cberg

Some guy in the Canyon fb group had an Aeroad delivered this week :shock:

Cannoli

by Cannoli

tubbeg wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:17 pm
Brand new unused Aeroad CF SLX Force Axs size L for sale.
130mm stem, 390-430mm handlebar width.
LightBicycle AR56 with Galfer rotors.

Swap for Ostro, Madone, Venge or similar aero bike can be of interest.
DM for details.
Unused, but the picture is taken in a pile of dirty snow? This isn't an Aeroad classified forum.
Canyon Aeroad CFR Di2 | Canyon Ultimate SLX 9.0 Di2 | Trek Domane SL5 Disc (Gravel Bike / Fly-Away Road Bike) | Orbea Tera H-30 Disc (Touring Bike)

BertD

by BertD

cberg wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:59 pm
Some guy in the Canyon fb group had an Aeroad delivered this week :shock:
Wich size?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Discodan

by Discodan

Cannoli wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:27 pm
tubbeg wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:17 pm
Brand new unused Aeroad CF SLX Force Axs size L for sale.
130mm stem, 390-430mm handlebar width.
LightBicycle AR56 with Galfer rotors.

Swap for Ostro, Madone, Venge or similar aero bike can be of interest.
DM for details.
Unused, but the picture is taken in a pile of dirty snow? This isn't an Aeroad classified forum.
Agree it belongs in the for sale section, not here, but let's not get too pedantic about the unused status; it's never had pedals fitted so I think it's safe to call it unused even if the wheels have rolled