2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bratz

by bratz

Thanks robossmans

Guess I need to buy the 140 versionImage

So for rear i just need to remove the adaptor?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

robbosmans

by robbosmans

No just turn it around, the printing isn’t always correct. If the caliper is in the high position on a 160mm rotor, the low position will be for 140

The rear you just remove the adapter

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bratz

by bratz

Cool. Thanks robbosmans. Will order the rotors while waiting for my LB wheels to be delivered.

bratz

by bratz

bratz wrote:Been riding the Aeroad CF SLX 8(Ultegra Di2) for a few months and am looking for ways lose some weight off the bike. I'm somewhat wanting to keep the ARC1400 wheel as I like it a lot even though it is 1700+?gram

Currently I have replaced the stock saddle with a carbon saddle , vittoria latex tubes with GP5Ks and Sram Red 11 crank with CarbonTi 52/36 chainring with Assioma pedals. Generic 15g bottle cage. Ti bolts on F/R derailleur.

Planning to replace Ultegra rotors with Galfer wave and getting the Sigeyi DM hanger.

Is there a light axle option for this bike. Any other weight loss suggestion? Need to lose some weight myselfImage

Anyone have any suggestion on losing additional weight? Have ordered a wheelset which will probably lose close to 400g. Ordered 140mm Galfer wave rotor. So total could potentially be close to 500g lost(Estimation as no weight scale). May go TPU tubes and change the rear 28mm GPs to 25. Have yet to order to bolts for the handlebar and brake calipers.

Does anyone has a feedback on these axle?

https://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/30386025765 ... media=COPY

Aryeh

by Aryeh

bratz wrote:
bratz wrote:Been riding the Aeroad CF SLX 8(Ultegra Di2) for a few months and am looking for ways lose some weight off the bike. I'm somewhat wanting to keep the ARC1400 wheel as I like it a lot even though it is 1700+?gram

Currently I have replaced the stock saddle with a carbon saddle , vittoria latex tubes with GP5Ks and Sram Red 11 crank with CarbonTi 52/36 chainring with Assioma pedals. Generic 15g bottle cage. Ti bolts on F/R derailleur.

Planning to replace Ultegra rotors with Galfer wave and getting the Sigeyi DM hanger.

Is there a light axle option for this bike. Any other weight loss suggestion? Need to lose some weight myselfImage

Anyone have any suggestion on losing additional weight? Have ordered a wheelset which will probably lose close to 400g. Ordered 140mm Galfer wave rotor. So total could potentially be close to 500g lost(Estimation as no weight scale). May go TPU tubes and change the rear 28mm GPs to 25. Have yet to order to bolts for the handlebar and brake calipers.

I use that brand for my Cervelo R5 axles.
They work great as long as you don't over torque them.

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

robbosmans wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:50 pm
No just turn it around, the printing isn’t always correct. If the caliper is in the high position on a 160mm rotor, the low position will be for 140

The rear you just remove the adapter
That label is correct. It says 160mm OR 180mm on 180/160mm mount. But it's a 160/140mm mount, so the 160mm applies. 140mm is printed on the other side, so that when you flip the mount, the text facing out and readable.

bratz

by bratz

Great. Will test fit once my wheel arrive

bratz

by bratz

Aryeh wrote:
bratz wrote:

I use that brand for my Cervelo R5 axles.
They work great as long as you don't over torque them.
Cool. Have a torque wrench..currently am doing my wheels at 9nm. Need to find out original axle weight.

joaoapura

by joaoapura

bratz wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:39 am

FYI, I measured my thru axels and they're not as depicted in the listing.
The front DT Swiss thru axle (12x100mm) weights 30 grams. The rear DT Swiss thru axle (12x142mm) weights 40 grams.

bratz

by bratz

Thats what I thought as the pictures showing the Aeroad axle weight is with lever. Guess not much to be lost in a mostly integrated disc bike 30g looks decent to be lost

cberg

by cberg

14g going from the old Canyon mount to their new Forward AM mount :)

Eterna7m

by Eterna7m

cberg wrote:14g going from the old Canyon mount to their new Forward AM mount :)

Those screws look a bit „corroded(„?). Kinda similar to one of my screws that keep the handlebar width in place. Which is by the way sometimes cracking a bit

Is the angle of the garmin similar with the new mount?

cberg

by cberg

Eterna7m wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:43 am
cberg wrote:14g going from the old Canyon mount to their new Forward AM mount :)

Those screws look a bit „corroded(„?). Kinda similar to one of my screws that keep the handlebar width in place. Which is by the way sometimes cracking a bit

Is the angle of the garmin similar with the new mount?
The Garmin is much closer to horizontal with the new one :)

bratz

by bratz

Nice and easy weight savings

bratz

by bratz

Anyone know if I need to get shorter bolt for the rear caliper if I remove the spacer for 160mm to use 140mm rotor?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com