2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TomS

by TomS

I saw a used Aeroad very cheap on a belgian website... colors were not 100&% correct and it was an ultegra version on a CFR paintjob - advertised as CFR model... now I know where that one came from :D

usr

by usr

Some of these are truly amazing:

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/Hdeb4a39d58d ... .jpg_.webp
What have they done with the cockpit!

(from an ad that can't even decide which generation aeroad it wants to be https://m.de.aliexpress.com/item/100500 ... e6a&gclid= )

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

Look where they put the seat post clamp!!! THATS IT ALI EXPRESS SOLVED THE ISSUE :D :roll:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-11-24 at 16.06.01.png

Maddie

by Maddie

Please just stay away from these cowboys bikes and don't support that kind of market

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

Maddie wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:13 pm
Please just stay away from these cowboys bikes and don't support that kind of market
Pretty sure if your in this forum you know about bikes and wouldnt dream about buying these

Dieselbike

by Dieselbike

Aerohead23 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:17 pm
Maddie wrote:
Pretty sure if your in this forum you know about bikes and wouldnt dream about buying these
On the plus side, the lead time is shorter than Canyon :lol:

Dieselbike

by Dieselbike

usr wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:03 pm

(from an ad that can't even decide which generation aeroad it wants to be https://m.de.aliexpress.com/item/100500 ... e6a&gclid= )
Hahahaha, what the hell is that?

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

Dieselbike wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:21 pm
usr wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:03 pm

Hahahaha, what the hell is that?
HAHAH Look where the gear cable goes into the frame lol. theyve the seat post clamp under the top tube as well lol! How do they get hold of the moulds tho, do you think they get the prototypes or the ones that dont pass quality control and flog them or make moulds off them?

TomS

by TomS

Aerohead23 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:07 pm
Look where they put the seat post clamp!!! THATS IT ALI EXPRESS SOLVED THE ISSUE :D :roll:
that's the one: https://www.2dehands.be/v/fietsen-en-br ... ousPage=lr

TomS

by TomS

Aerohead23 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:07 pm
that's the one: https://www.2dehands.be/v/fietsen-en-br ... ousPage=lr

Maddie

by Maddie

Aerohead23 wrote:
Maddie wrote:
Well there's even people posting their fake Pinarello Dogmas in this very forum. And not even admitting that it's fake in the first place

BertD

by BertD

Dieselbike wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:00 pm
thirdsun wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:32 am
Aerohead23 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:05 am
Aeroads no longer say Available Autumn, just says coming soon now.
At this point I'm guessing there won't be any 11 speed Aeroads. Someone mentioned a planned shadow site for the updated 12 speed Aeroads and I could imagine Canyon offering priority access to that site for anyone with an active preorder, probably even selling the bikes for the original preorder price (it would be the right thing to do after all that waiting time). Once those preorder customers are served, they'll release whatever stock is left on the public site.

Of course that's just my speculation but it's the reasonable thing to do in my opinion.
I'm thinking this could be a reality - and I actually hope it is. It would be a great outcome after the journey we have been on to honour the orders making the 12sp available.
I am disheartened by the change from Autumn to soon though. This certainly means it will be months rather than weeks.
Customer service recently explained to me in the chat that new bicycles that have not yet been delivered are already at the factory waiting to be adjusted (new handlebars and seatpost). That is probably one of the reasons Canyon makes it clear every time that existing orders can no longer be modified, even at an additional cost.

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

BertD wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:32 pm
Dieselbike wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:00 pm
thirdsun wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:32 am
Aerohead23 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:05 am
Aeroads no longer say Available Autumn, just says coming soon now.
At this point I'm guessing there won't be any 11 speed Aeroads. Someone mentioned a planned shadow site for the updated 12 speed Aeroads and I could imagine Canyon offering priority access to that site for anyone with an active preorder, probably even selling the bikes for the original preorder price (it would be the right thing to do after all that waiting time). Once those preorder customers are served, they'll release whatever stock is left on the public site.

Of course that's just my speculation but it's the reasonable thing to do in my opinion.
I'm thinking this could be a reality - and I actually hope it is. It would be a great outcome after the journey we have been on to honour the orders making the 12sp available.
I am disheartened by the change from Autumn to soon though. This certainly means it will be months rather than weeks.
Customer service recently explained to me in the chat that new bicycles that have not yet been delivered are already at the factory waiting to be adjusted (new handlebars and seatpost). That is probably one of the reasons Canyon makes it clear every time that existing orders can no longer be modified, even at an additional cost.
Sorry I'm sure they said that but that's a lie. No one's seen a new bike in a month at least

BertD

by BertD

No one is saying that bicycles are now being delivered, in fact that is quite clearly not the case. All I'm saying is that I've been told that all bikes ordered are already built and therefore need to be modified as well, just like the bikes that have already been delivered to customers.

EsotericCyclist

by EsotericCyclist

BertD wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:12 pm
No one is saying that bicycles are now being delivered, in fact that is quite clearly not the case. All I'm saying is that I've been told that all bikes ordered are already built and therefore need to be modified as well, just like the bikes that have already been delivered to customers.
Makes sense, the built ones are all sitting in cue behind the bikes that have been shipped back by customers who already had the bike. If the repairs are taking longer than expected, with some frames being cracked and needing replacement, I could see this being true.

I wonder how many newly ordered bikes are sitting there just waiting? That seems like information that people who have open orders should get to know.

3 Ultimates in size M in stock on the US site currently...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com