2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

threefootlongbeaver

by threefootlongbeaver

Very happy to see all these bikes getting delivered! For me the delivery to The Netherlands only took one day so you guys might be able to take advantage of the nice weather here this thursday :D

GeaerGrimsrud

by GeaerGrimsrud

Canyon USA site finally states what it should have months ago: all sizes and colors "sold out", no "notify me" button, and a statement about supply chain problems. It would have been better to have this instead of almost a year of posting unrealistic availability dates and getting people's hopes up.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

EsotericCyclist

by EsotericCyclist

GeaerGrimsrud wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:07 pm
Canyon USA site finally states what it should have months ago: all sizes and colors "sold out", no "notify me" button, and a statement about supply chain problems. It would have been better to have this instead of almost a year of posting unrealistic availability dates and getting people's hopes up.
Yep, and remember if you're looking for 12spd Di2 they'll have to restock 11spd bikes first. At least that's what I was told recently. I wouldn't expect to see 12spd Di2 on CFSLX bikes until Summer or Fall.

Had a bike fit last night and according to the fitter I'm on a bike one size too small. Currently have a size M Gen2 Aeroad. 5'11"/6', 33" inseam but I guess my long arms mess things up for the size M. Fitter said the about 50% of people who come to get fitted are on the incorrect size. Thought that was interesting

BertD

by BertD

Well here's an update of my bike, early in the afternoon it was delivered by the guys from UPS, excellent job!
Then unboxing and assemble. Easy job and easy to do with little experience. Then I hung up the bike for a while to check the gears, but that was a drama. The front derailleur was skewed and the rear derailleur was not adjusted properly (limit screws).
Frustrating!!
After I solved that there was only time left for a short ride of 45km, but the ride was fantastic and the prospect of being able to ride this bike every time makes up for the long wait.

As promised, here are a few pictures, for everyone who likes it :beerchug:
(Yes I know, that bell is ugly. Unfortunately, you are not allowed to participate in traffic here in the Netherlands without a bell. If you even wanted to. Maybe one day I'll buy a nicer one...)
Attachments
Screenshot_20220107-014623~2.png
Screenshot_20220107-015202~2.png
Screenshot_20220107-014946~2.png
Screenshot_20220107-014723~2.png
Screenshot_20220107-014541~2.png
Screenshot_20220107-014426~2.png
Last edited by BertD on Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

cberg

by cberg

Looks great! Cant wait for mine :)

Can you do a measurement of the stem length from the bolt in the stem to back side of the handlebars?

thirdsun

by thirdsun

robbosmans wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:41 pm
Get a hidemybell
Or Canyon's very own bar end bell: https://www.canyon.com/en-de/gear/acces ... 05999.html
  • Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 8 Di2
  • Cervelo Caledonia Rival eTap AXS
  • Vitus Venon Evo
  • Canyon Grail CF SL 8 Di2

Dieselbike

by Dieselbike

BertD wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:36 pm
Excellent. Good luck with it. It's a pretty machine.

threefootlongbeaver

by threefootlongbeaver

Great looking bike! I solved the ugly bell issue by mounting it upside-down underneath my cockpit on the out-front mount. I mounted it between the two screws that the out-front mount is attached with, to make sure its nice and sturdy. I don't have a fully integrated cockpit though, so the cables make the bell not stand out as much.

Requiem84

by Requiem84

BertD wrote:
Well here's an update of my bike, early in the afternoon it was delivered by the guys from UPS, excellent job!
Then unboxing and assemble. Easy job and easy to do with little experience. Then I hung up the bike for a while to check the gears, but that was a drama. The front derailleur was skewed and the rear derailleur was not adjusted properly (limit screws).
Frustrating!!
After I solved that there was only time left for a short ride of 45km, but the ride was fantastic and the prospect of being able to ride this bike every time makes up for the long wait.

(Yes I know, that bell is ugly. Unfortunately, you are not allowed to participate in traffic here in the Netherlands without a bell. If you even wanted to. Maybe one day I'll buy a nicer one...)
Please tell us more about your first riding experiences?! 😄.

Ps, I live in the Netherlands too and have been cycling without bell for about 3 years... oopsie!)

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

BertD wrote:
Frustrating!!

Congrats on the new bike, hope it goes well for you after the wait
I dont think the bell looks too bad.

BertD

by BertD

cberg wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:01 pm
Looks great! Cant wait for mine :)

Can you do a measurement of the stem length from the bolt in the stem to back side of the handlebars?
See image, around about 120mm :thumbup:
Hope your bike arrives soon too!
Attachments
Screenshot_20220107-204837~2.png

BertD

by BertD

Aerohead23 wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:46 am
BertD wrote:
Frustrating!!

Congrats on the new bike, hope it goes well for you after the wait
I dont think the bell looks too bad.
I think I spent enough money for now, so this bell will remain for what it is for a while I guess.
Until I change my mind 😁

cberg

by cberg

Thank you, so the thing about Canyon integrated stems being about 10mm longer irl than the spec sheet is true

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BertD

by BertD

Maybe they measure to the center of a theoretical standard 31,8mm handlebar (around about 15mm before the front end of the handlebar). That would make sense from a bike-fitters opinion; measuring this way makes it possible to compare the handlebar (and bike fitting) with other handlebars from other brands.