2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Nejmann

by Nejmann

I just talked to a Canyon Service center in the town where i live. Just got delivered the MVDP MTB frameset, did arrive in 5 days. They said the main problem is not them, it's actually all the others. Worst is shimano. They can't get anything from them. That and all the price increases on everything. My friend at an electronic store said now is a good time to buy the christmas presents, the next many months will be even worse, the harbours around the world is f*cked..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Lina

by Lina

Nejmann wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:13 pm
I just talked to a Canyon Service center in the town where i live. Just got delivered the MVDP MTB frameset, did arrive in 5 days. They said the main problem is not them, it's actually all the others. Worst is shimano. They can't get anything from them. That and all the price increases on everything. My friend at an electronic store said now is a good time to buy the christmas presents, the next many months will be even worse, the harbours around the world is f*cked..
If they have framesets why not just sell them? I'm sure there are plenty of people that would be buying framesets and scavenging the parts from their old bikes. Obviously the profit won't be as big as selling entire bikes but if they are bottle necked by component supply surely it would be better to sell framesets while you can't get your hands on any components to sell entire bikes.

tomtom

by tomtom

Lina wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:57 pm
Nejmann wrote:
If they have framesets why not just sell them? I'm sure there are plenty of people that would be buying framesets and scavenging the parts from their old bikes. Obviously the profit won't be as big as selling entire bikes but if they are bottle necked by component supply surely it would be better to sell framesets while you can't get your hands on any components to sell entire bikes.
Or with SRAM like they allready sold them with? But I don't think they have a (finished) solution on bars & post (because they haven't send me any :-)) and then they cannot sell an Aeroad bke or frameset? So blaming it (all) on Shimano is not really right and nice :mrgreen: !
Canyon Aeroad CFR
Canyon Grail CF

Lina

by Lina

tomtom wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:18 pm
Lina wrote:
Nejmann wrote:
Or with SRAM like they allready sold them with? But I don't think they have a (finished) solution on bars & post (because they haven't send me any :-)) and then they cannot sell an Aeroad bke or frameset? So blaming it (all) on Shimano is not really right and nice :mrgreen: !
There are no problems with the Ultimate as it's an old model. Yet they have two 2XL disc framesets available, and only in the CFR variant. No cheaper frames, no other sizes, no rim brake frames. Surely they could be selling frames like hotcakes if they just had them in stock while no other bike manufacturer can ship frames.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

^ Canyon does not make their frames... so why would they have them in stock when others (who also dont make frames) are out as well.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

Nejmann wrote:
It is their fault because our bikes were due in March before the suaz canal stuff. The reason we dont have bikes is because of their fault with seat post and handlebars.
If we didnt have those issues we would all be riding now cos bikes were sat there ready to ship when they stopped the shipments.
Theyre selling the grizil and Endurance bikes with DI2 parts they obviously had in stock from our bikes so they cant blame Shimano, thats horse shit blaming Shimano.

Local bike shop in Dublin has 150 treks in stock! he has no issue! Canyon shifting the blame massivley, dont swallow that rubbish

cberg

by cberg

I agree, the delays on the Aeroad is purely down to the frame issues that are being fixed. Canyon had (almost) no issues with delivery before seatpost gate (I think some UK customers got hit by brexit?)
Lina wrote:
If they have framesets why not just sell them?
Seatpost and handlebar issues are still not dealt with, so selling frames would likely mean that they would get lots of warranty claims

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

A member of my cycling club in Ireland apparently received word his bike is shipping next week???? Now I heard this second hand but... Anyone else heard this?

cberg

by cberg

Aerohead23 wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:03 pm
A member of my cycling club in Ireland apparently received word his bike is shipping next week???? Now I heard this second hand but... Anyone else heard this?
Nothing here, and my SLX order was supposed to ship right when they initially delayed the orders so I would assume I'm one of the first in line once they start shipping again

Cannoli

by Cannoli

I think a good indication of the handlebar fix being ready will be seeing internally routed cable bars in the pro Peloton.Unless the riders all opt out and keep the current setup? :noidea:
Canyon Aeroad CFR Di2 | Canyon Ultimate SLX 9.0 Di2 | Trek Domane SL5 Disc (Gravel Bike / Fly-Away Road Bike) | Orbea Tera H-30 Disc (Touring Bike)

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

Presumably you would think Canyon want their tour bikes with the fixes applied? There is no better billboard

usr

by usr

True, but it could also earn them valuable forgiveness if they didn't supply their pro riders before paying customers are served. That would be quite the gesture if done well. But my estimate for the likelihood of this to happen very, very low...

kipers

by kipers

I was asking CS here when they plan to fix the handlebar and got answer they will ask us to send back the bikes in (end of) August to fix both handlebar and seatpost.

No option for getting the parts and do it myself for me, they said i will have to send the bike back (but locally, fortunatelly, so should be faster).

moonoi

by moonoi

kipers wrote:I was asking CS here when they plan to fix the handlebar and got answer they will ask us to send back the bikes in (end of) August to fix both handlebar and seatpost.

No option for getting the parts and do it myself for me, they said i will have to send the bike back (but locally, fortunatelly, so should be faster).
Hope they change their minds on self swap, I’m not sending my bike back from Thailand, it’ll be a nightmare getting it back in again without import duties etc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

Well if they want bikes back end of August presumably they have the parts so maybe they will ship orders soon? I can only hope as my local bike shop advised me to wait for the canyon yesterday , he told me I wouldn't get a ultegra di2 bike with Carbon wheel for under €7k and considering the di2 aeroad is €5.6 he said I should wait .