2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

djemz

by djemz

wozzo wrote:
You're also from Belgium right? Just had a chat with canyon Belgium and they say that there is no new fix for the seatpost because it's been fixed allready with the sleeve.

So I don't think you ever will get a message.

Only reason that there are none avaible is because of a shortage in parts.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn AC2003 met Tapatalk
Lol, what else you wanted to hear from them officially? "Yes the rubber sleeve and YouTube video didn't do a s**t, and we now invite all the aeroads around the world to be send to us and we will replace them with new ones"? Please... There is definitely another kind of "fix" to that problem coming. It's not going to be visible constructional change, but they have to do something if they don't want the service returns coming every time they realease new revision.
Only thing they can do to solve it without big visible changes to the frame is to create a seatpost that's bigger so he can't rock back and forth. Or make the seattube smaller on the inside.

djemz

by djemz

Canyon Belgium are talkin sh*'t. Just asked on the canyon England chat. And they are workin on a fix. Image

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

djemz wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:20 pm
Canyon Belgium are talkin sh*'t. Just asked on the canyon England chat. And they are workin on a fix. Image

It's probably what i wrote earlier. A design change. It's to expensive for Canyon both cost and reputation. They can't sell bikes and risk a problem that steadily increases. Parts must likey means the seatpost and things that concerns the seatpost. Forget that it has to do with groupsets.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

Lina

by Lina

djemz wrote:

And what makes you think that the people on England chat know more than the ones on Belgium chat. Neither customer support chat personnel probably know what's actually going on. And if they know they probably aren't allowed to talk about it.

djemz

by djemz

Lina wrote:
djemz wrote:

And what makes you think that the people on England chat know more than the ones on Belgium chat. Neither customer support chat personnel probably know what's actually going on. And if they know they probably aren't allowed to talk about it.
I don't think they know more. It's not the first time that I experienced that the belgian customer support isnt totally honest about things (probably because they can't tell) and when I ask it @ customer support in a different country they are.

TomS

by TomS

djemz wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:19 pm
Lina wrote:
djemz wrote:

I don't think they know more. It's not the first time that I experienced that the belgian customer support isnt totally honest about things (probably because they can't tell) and when I ask it @ customer support in a different country they are.

Yes, I'm in Belgium. Honestly, I think HQ in Koblenz doesn't even know what to do, so why would local CS know...? I really don't care much about it since a thin layer of tape does the trick and this is one hell of a fast bike. I love it.

plrww

by plrww

A proper solution is definitely needed to permanently fix the saddlepost creaking. The rubber gasket alone doesn't do it. If additionally greasing and taping is needed and sometimes it works and sometimes not, there is a fault in the product. I think Canyon is right to address the issue. Aeroad was introduced two years ago and it still can't be bought because product quality is not right. When I first saw the rubber gasket + greasing "solution" I couldn't believe my eyes. That is a bodge, not a fix. I hope Canyon's engineers put their minds into this now.

Maddie

by Maddie

Lina wrote:I can guarantee you that they will not recall the existing bikes for another seatpost fix. I can also guarantee you all that they wouldn't even have done it in the first place without the whole handlebar case. But as they needed to recall all the bikes for the handlebars and the seatpost was causing "problems" they decided to do something about it. They may or may not make a running change for future production regarding the seatpost but current owners will not be effected by it in any way.
This 100%

thirdsun

by thirdsun

djemz wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:37 pm

Only reason that there are none avaible is because of a shortage in parts.
Very doubtful. Not a single Aeroad is available right now or even has an estimated availability date. Supply isn't that limited.
  • Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 8 Di2
  • Cervelo Caledonia Rival eTap AXS
  • Vitus Venon Evo
  • Canyon Grail CF SL 8 Di2

MattVega

by MattVega

I don't think another recall is coming with "a fix".

Vast majority (>90%) of all problems are fixed with the grease + gasket.

I am now >5000km in; no creaking. No nothing. Except a peeping noise from the derailleur because my chain needed some grease.
Friends of mine with SLX or SL's don't have any issues either.

The problems are really reduced to a vast minority of people. ( who , of course, scream the loudest )

Cannoli

by Cannoli

MattVega wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:22 am

I am now >5000km in; no creaking. No nothing. Except a peeping noise from the derailleur because my chain needed some grease.

The problems are really reduced to a vast minority of people. ( who , of course, scream the loudest )
^^^^
This.

A little grease and some tape is all I ever needed to keep things quiet. Not worth sending the bike back to avoid a little maintenance on my part.
Canyon Aeroad CFR Di2 | Canyon Ultimate SLX 9.0 Di2 | Trek Domane SL5 Disc (Gravel Bike / Fly-Away Road Bike) | Orbea Tera H-30 Disc (Touring Bike)

TomS

by TomS

Cannoli wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:13 pm
MattVega wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:22 am

^^^^
This.

A little grease and some tape is all I ever needed to keep things quiet. Not worth sending the bike back to avoid a little maintenance on my part.
Completely agree! My seatpost started creaking yesterday (+-1000km after last service), regreased & new tape and everything is fine. It shouldn't have been like this, but not worth sending the bike back or being unhappy with it...

tomtom

by tomtom

Same here; this is my second CFR frame (got a new one from Canyon because the horizontal stripes were not under the blank coating) with the collar/gasket. The seatpost is on max height but no problems riding this one for over 5000 km. Also no problems with the first frame which I have ridden for more dan 6000km (without gasket and with the very dangerous CP0018 old style :mrgreen: ).
Canyon Aeroad CFR
Canyon Grail CF

bratz

by bratz

What would i need to fit 140mm rotors on front and rear? Remove adaptor from rear mount and buy different adaptor for front?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

robbosmans

by robbosmans

You just turn the front adapter around, it should be printed on the adapter

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com