2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kipers

by kipers

cberg wrote:Happy one year anniversary to my order :|
Congrats! ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

threefootlongbeaver

by threefootlongbeaver

EsotericCyclist wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:22 pm
Hope everyone here gets their bikes soon so they can ride in the spring. :beerchug:
Thats what I was hoping too last year.. :roll:

I really hope Canyon can get the delivery train rolling to sort out the remaining customers. Seems like its mainly the higher-end models that still need to be delivered, I don't think it has anything to do with the order date though.

cberg

by cberg

threefootlongbeaver wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:09 pm
EsotericCyclist wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:22 pm
Hope everyone here gets their bikes soon so they can ride in the spring. :beerchug:
Thats what I was hoping too last year.. :roll:

I really hope Canyon can get the delivery train rolling to sort out the remaining customers. Seems like its mainly the higher-end models that still need to be delivered, I don't think it has anything to do with the order date though.
It doesnt seem like they are doing it based on order date anymore, someone on the facebook group already had his bike delivered with the same spec/size/colour as I ordered despite ordering a week later than me. I messaged support(dk) about it and they just told me that the Aeroad unit is more or less doing their own thing and that they can't got too much info. It does seem like they do one colourway/spec at a time. Like last week was Black SLX week, this week has seemed to be white SLX. Basing this on what I've seen on here and the facebook group and what support told me.

Dieselbike

by Dieselbike

I've ordered Blue - so if it's by colour I'll be waiting longer.
Originally they said they were doing the repairs by size - but looks like that has gone out the window too.

cberg

by cberg

It still seems to be somewhat based on size, all the ones I've seen this week and last week have been Large.

Also, there's a team edition frameset for sale on Ebay with the old/temporary fork

Requiem84

by Requiem84

I feel for you guys, waiting for over a year and still unsure when it's coming.

On the other hand - at least you guys actually could order and it's about to be delivered. I still can't order anything! :)

robbosmans

by robbosmans

cberg wrote:It still seems to be somewhat based on size, all the ones I've seen this week and last week have been Large.

Also, there's a team edition frameset for sale on Ebay with the old/temporary fork
That’s a Canyon dhb team edition, they used the SL version without the integrated cables

cberg

by cberg

robbosmans wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:02 pm
cberg wrote:It still seems to be somewhat based on size, all the ones I've seen this week and last week have been Large.

That’s a Canyon dhb team edition, they used the SL version without the integrated cables
Its being sold as a CFR, from their Instagram it seems like they used both CFR/SLX and SL frames. SL frames will have matching colour forks, this one doesnt.

gransport

by gransport

Well, I recieved a tracking number from Canyon USA, for the return of my repaired Aeroad (seatpost & bars). The tracking number isn't active yet, fingers crossed it arrives back to me undamaged. They recieved the bike on Nov. 27th, to give you a timeline for repair. I also received a notice that my $1200 refund is processed back to my card.

tomtom

by tomtom

gransport wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:43 pm
Well, I recieved a tracking number from Canyon USA, for the return of my repaired Aeroad (seatpost & bars). The tracking number isn't active yet, fingers crossed it arrives back to me undamaged. They recieved the bike on Nov. 27th, to give you a timeline for repair. I also received a notice that my $1200 refund is processed back to my card.
That's ridiculous amount of time! I shipped my Aeroad this monday, they received it on tuesday and worked on it wednesday & thursday (new frame and it was a little difficult with my "DIY" spintershifters :mrgreen: ). Today (hopefully) it will be packed & shipped :thumbup:
Canyon Aeroad CFR
Canyon Grail CF

crx777

by crx777

I had similar experiences. Sent the aeroad back in 26.12. Had a chat with Canyon today, they say.. scheduled end of repair: 27.01. So about 4 weeks. Unfortunately there is no information about this. Possible damaged frame?

Best regards

gransport

by gransport

crx777 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:04 pm
I had similar experiences. Sent the aeroad back in 26.12. Had a chat with Canyon today, they say.. scheduled end of repair: 27.01. So about 4 weeks. Unfortunately there is no information about this. Possible damaged frame?

Best regards
I called for an update about every 2 weeks!

On the last call, I was speaking with a customer service manager/supervisor. He was apologetic about the repair taking so long. I was pretty laid back and not upset, then I mentioned that it's taking so long because they have to take pictures of each step and send them to the engineers in Germany......
.....silence......"Sir, you seem very well informed. May I ask how you know that?" lol I of course told him that I can not reveal my sourses, so Weight Weenies is safe.

MattVega

by MattVega

The US website now states almost every Aeroad to be "Sold out"

Did they actually go on sale again on their site?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

thirdsun

by thirdsun

MattVega wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:17 am
The US website now states almost every Aeroad to be "Sold out"

Did they actually go on sale again on their site?
I can't speak to the US site, but have to assume that they definitely haven't been on sale yet. My guess (hope?): The fact that the current model is listed as sold out means that the Aeroad will appear as a new, separate listing and SKU once it becomes available again, which might hint at a new configuration (12 speed Shimano?).

On the other hand: Canyon's bikes are listed as sold out only to become available again later all the time. On the german site the Aeroad is also still listed as available soon.
  • Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 8 Di2
  • Cervelo Caledonia Rival eTap AXS
  • Vitus Venon Evo
  • Canyon Grail CF SL 8 Di2