2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

EsotericCyclist

by EsotericCyclist

If I were if your alls situation I guess I would just cancel the order with the idea of reordering when the component build you want is available. If you ordered (not paid for) a spec'd car/truck and there were delays and during the delays newer products were slated to come out the dealer wouldn't automatically change the order. You would have to cancel the order and submit a new order and of course accept the impending price increase.

Jeffouille

by Jeffouille

EsotericCyclist wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 3:45 pm
If I were if your alls situation I guess I would just cancel the order with the idea of reordering when the component build you want is available. If you ordered (not paid for) a spec'd car/truck and there were delays and during the delays newer products were slated to come out the dealer wouldn't automatically change the order. You would have to cancel the order and submit a new order and of course accept the impending price increase.
Fair enough.
I am not sure that Canyon knows yet how they are going to deal with the new components old/new orders situtation in fall. Personally, it would not bring me anything to cancel my order now. I have not find another set of wheels which float my boat and unfortunately for this season, that might be already too late to order anything. If what they propose in fall does not seem fair to me, it will be early enough to cancel my order then.
So, lets wait and see what is coming after summer (and maybe look super aero for the cyclocross season :wink: )

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

My issue is I missed out last October, and I'd be worried when the new specs go live I'd miss out again so I'm keeping my order for now. I do think they should do a pre order for new specs to anyone that has an existing order.

Sace

by Sace

Jeffouille wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 4:07 pm
Fair enough.
I am not sure that Canyon knows yet how they are going to deal with the new components old/new orders situtation in fall.
A Canyon representative actually specifically stated in the Canyon Owners FB group that bikes will ship with the ordered spec and if you want next years model the only way is to cancel and order again.

I don't know how Canyon deals with component inventory. But as all the bikes were due to be build and shipped by now chances are that they already have the components in stock. Although it shouldn't be too dificult to hand them off with the current market :shock:

EsotericCyclist

by EsotericCyclist

Aerohead23 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 7:16 pm
My issue is I missed out last October, and I'd be worried when the new specs go live I'd miss out again so I'm keeping my order for now. I do think they should do a pre order for new specs to anyone that has an existing order.
If you end up canceling your order for some reason it would be wise to get an add on for Google Chrome that will track certain inventory on sites you specify. That way when a bike comes in stock you'll know pretty much ASAP as opposed to waiting for Canyon to send out an email saying it's in stock. When I was looking for my bike I found that the Canyon email system was never accurate and I would miss in stock bikes.

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

Thats how i got it in the January batch, but even then models had gone by the time i logged in.

scottmmw

by scottmmw

You will get what you paid for, why would they give you a free upgrade if the new DA or Ultegra is released prior to your bike being dispatched.

If you want the latest equipment, you will need to wait for it to be released and purchase that specific model bike!

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

scottmmw wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 8:42 pm
You will get what you paid for, why would they give you a free upgrade if the new DA or Ultegra is released prior to your bike being dispatched.

If you want the latest equipment, you will need to wait for it to be released and purchase that specific model bike!
Because its going to take them a year to deliver our order.
Anyway I did say at very least they should give us the chance to change our orders to the new one before the general public as we waited

Cannoli

by Cannoli

Aerohead23 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 11:10 am
scottmmw wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 8:42 pm

Because its going to take them a year to deliver our order.
Anyway I did say at very least they should give us the chance to change our orders to the new one before the general public as we waited
Based on the fact that they had stock across the range before the abrupt pull of all models after the MvDP episode with the broken drop bar (US site anyway and I saw it with my own eyes), I suspect they have bikes in their inventory but are not shipping them until the drop bar and the seat post issues are addressed and retrofitted to their existing inventory. That is why they are "selling what was ordered", because they are sitting on stock that needs to move (with DA 9100 (and other) groupsets fully assembled).

Just my opinion based on deductive reasoning. :beerchug:
Canyon Aeroad CFR Di2 | Canyon Ultimate SLX 9.0 Di2 | Trek Domane SL5 Disc (Gravel Bike / Fly-Away Road Bike) | Orbea Tera H-30 Disc (Touring Bike)

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

Just noticed the site has changed from Not available to "Autumn". Id be happy to get anything at this stage.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 11.20.11.png

Nelis

by Nelis

I don't agree with some of the messages above related to order cancellation and discounts. Off course, the situation differs for everybody.
I have ordered a CF SL 8 end of January and the bike was going to be delivered instantly. Payment was made and I learned later from Canyon that the shipping label for my order was also ready. But then nothing... No communication at all from Canyon. I only learned about the seatpost issue when I actively searched for information online.
I thus agreed an order with Canyon for the delivery of a CF SL 8 on 29/01/21, I fulfilled my part by making prepayment.
In the end the bike can be delivered with a delay of 10 months. First official communication about the delay was only communicated in March.
The x months delay in delivery is a breach of the contract I have made with them. I am then making abstraction of the Canyon GT&C that probably allow Canyon to do whatever they want but I am a simple, private consumer of which the basic rights should be preserved.
This breach of contract then also needs to be compensated.
Canyon can argue that you can cancel your order at anytime but I made an educated decision in January to buy a bike that was readily available. At that moment I could maybe also buy another bike but in March... almost no alternatives were available in the market.
I made similar comments to Canyon and they have confirmed I will receive compensation upon delivery but that they cannot calculate the amount at this moment.

Still hoping on a quicker solution than autumn '21 as I am using currently a quite old bike that I do not own myself (and which off course needs maintenance and replacement parts).
I am again surprised about the lack of proactive communication of Canyon at this point. What is the current status? Is there a solution? Is expected timing still realistic? A closer connection and open communication with their clients would be highly beneficial. They are themselves creating an atmosphere of clients against Canyon rather than together looking forward to a solution...

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

I agree, its very easy for people with bikes or who got another bike to say "tough shit" order another bike if youre not happy , but its impossoble to get another bike and trust me ive tried. Best i can get my hands on is an Emonda SL 6 which isnt even in the realm of the aeroad.

If they would be more specifc than just saying on the Autumn that would be somehting but Autumn means nothing really , theyre giveing them self a 3 month window.
At the very least keep in regular contact but theyre not.

EsotericCyclist

by EsotericCyclist

On a side note, at least those who got their Aeroads already with the older spec DT Swiss wheels don't have to worry about the ratchet EXP issues going on with the newer model hub.

kipers

by kipers

EsotericCyclist wrote:On a side note, at least those who got their Aeroads already with the older spec DT Swiss wheels don't have to worry about the ratchet EXP issues going on with the newer model hub.
Call me a winner, as i got an Aeroad with new wheels, so need to worry about seatpost, hamdlebar and the wheels.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tyw214

by tyw214

not totally CANYON's fault, but my CFR"s AXS rear deraiuller stopped shifting altogether for some reason lol.... CANYON is now sending me a replacement rear deraiuller ... kind of weird to see a rear deraiuler fail in less than like 500km lol..