2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

hannawald

by hannawald

Rora wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:22 pm
Yeah, I'll take plenty of pictures before and after, not happy at all to send the bike.

There might be other options for people in continental Europe in comparison to people in Ireland/UK, not sure...

I'll keep you posted lads 👍
If it it is like it used to be before you pack the bike inside the Canyon guard box and ups courier takes the bike. Not a big issue, it is the same way it was delivered to you..just be careful and triple check parts are not touching, maybe there are some unboxing video on youtube if you don't remember, but I wouldn't be afraid that they put something heavy on your box etc. They use this courier service regularly and they know their stuff..i had a problem with slipping seatpost and also had to send the bike the same way..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

Rora wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:24 pm
One of Canyon's commercial team called me today informing they're going to send me a shipping label for my Canyon. I asked him if there's an option for me to fix the handlebar and seatpost myself or to give it to my LBS but he said this is not an option. I asked if I need to ship wheels or just frame is enough but he responded they need the complete bike and that they will be fully responsible for any damages caused during shipment. Regarding the timeline, he said it'll take 1x week plus shipping time. A little bit disappointing that the bike must be sent to Germany but at least it's happening. Anyone else got similar call today? Im from Ireland btw.
Some action finally is good though. thats great to hear.

Dieselbike

by Dieselbike

Aerohead23 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:08 am
Rora wrote:
One of Canyon's commercial team called me today informing they're going to send me a shipping label for my Canyon. I asked him if there's an option for me to fix the handlebar and seatpost myself or to give it to my LBS but he said this is not an option. I asked if I need to ship wheels or just frame is enough but he responded they need the complete bike and that they will be fully responsible for any damages caused during shipment. Regarding the timeline, he said it'll take 1x week plus shipping time. A little bit disappointing that the bike must be sent to Germany but at least it's happening. Anyone else got similar call today? Im from Ireland btw.
Interesting to see that exsiting owners are now being contacted to arrange the repairs.
Has anyone waiting on a new bike had any contact? If not, it would seem that they are prioritising the repair over delivery of new bikes.

I'm still waiting on a reply to my questions over availability of the new groupsets being an option if I cancel my order.

cberg

by cberg

No news for me on my order. It was supposed to be delivered the week they were put on hold, so if there was a queue I guess my order would be close to the front, on the other hand it's a size L so it might not be since they started the revisions with size S and M :noidea:

threefootlongbeaver

by threefootlongbeaver

Dieselbike wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:18 am
Has anyone waiting on a new bike had any contact? If not, it would seem that they are prioritising the repair over delivery of new bikes.

I'm still waiting on a reply to my questions over availability of the new groupsets being an option if I cancel my order.
I had contact with the dutch Canyon CS and they said they would start delivering the new bikes "coming week or weeks". Someone else had contact with the Belgium CS and they mentioned the shipping of the S and M Aeroads will start around the end of September at a rate of about 70 bikes a day. To this date this still is the most specific timeframe we have

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

Dieselbike wrote:
Aerohead23 wrote:
Rora wrote:
Interesting to see that exsiting owners are now being contacted to arrange the repairs.

No News on my order, But i'm XS so i expect it will be a while.
A friend told me they were told by Canyon all they could say was delivery this side of Christmas.
I would expect existing bikes to be fixed first.

m03ppp

by m03ppp

Rora wrote:
How are they expecting the bike to be packaged? Did they offer to sent a new "Bike Guard" (the box the bike came in) or can you drop of the bike as is?

Rora

by Rora

m03ppp wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:06 pm
Rora wrote:
How are they expecting the bike to be packaged? Did they offer to sent a new "Bike Guard" (the box the bike came in) or can you drop of the bike as is?
The guy was asking if I still have the original box so I'd say you can use the original one (like me) or they can send you one. I just got the email with UPS label. The address says 12 Karl Tesche Koblenz so it's going directly to Germany. Hopefully it's not a scum because I only received phone call but no official email 😄😄😄

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

Rora wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:21 pm
m03ppp wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:06 pm
Rora wrote:
The guy was asking if I still have the original box so I'd say you can use the original one (like me) or they can send you one. I just got the email with UPS label. The address says 12 Karl Tesche Koblenz so it's going directly to Germany. Hopefully it's not a scum because I only received phone call but no official email 😄😄😄

Your good ! 😑
Attachments
5A3B8008-8D10-49FB-8A6F-FA1788524D0B.jpeg

akb

by akb

Two days ago, I brought my Aeroad CFR (received end of January, ridden since then with a lot of joy) to the Canyon Service Center in the Netherlands. They contacted my by phone and it was the only option they offered to me. Small country, so I think for most people in NL this is a feasible option.

As I understood from the service guy they will remove the existing seatpost sleeve and glue (?) in the new one. This needs to harden out at least a day. Hence the expected 3-4 days before I can pick up the bike again. This won't be something your LBS will be able to do. Keep you posted on the results.

m03ppp

by m03ppp

Rora wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:21 pm
That's good to hear, thanks :thumbup: .

tomtom

by tomtom

akb wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:41 am
Two days ago, I brought my Aeroad CFR (received end of January, ridden since then with a lot of joy) to the Canyon Service Center in the Netherlands. They contacted my by phone and it was the only option they offered to me. Small country, so I think for most people in NL this is a feasible option.

As I understood from the service guy they will remove the existing seatpost sleeve and glue (?) in the new one. This needs to harden out at least a day. Hence the expected 3-4 days before I can pick up the bike again. This won't be something your LBS will be able to do. Keep you posted on the results.
"existing seatpost sleeve"? As far as I know/can see there is no sleeve in the "old" situation....so what do you mean?
Canyon Aeroad CFR
Canyon Grail CF

henau212

by henau212

Dieselbike wrote:
Aerohead23 wrote:
Rora wrote:

I was told 12s will ship from November on (Germany). But limited quantitiy. That is why 11s is still up for order. I do not know when those will start shipping again.

TomS

by TomS

tomtom wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:32 am
akb wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:41 am

"existing seatpost sleeve"? As far as I know/can see there is no sleeve in the "old" situation....so what do you mean?
I tink he is referring to the existing carbon insert - apparently the seatpost consists of 2 pieces, which will not be visible to the eye?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TomS

by TomS

henau212 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:03 am
Dieselbike wrote:
Aerohead23 wrote:
Rora wrote:

I was told 12s will ship from November on (Germany). But limited quantitiy. That is why 11s is still up for order. I do not know when those will start shipping again.
Yes, I was told that too but only for DA on the MvdP edition. Others (incl Ultegra) would not be for 2021.