2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

solotalent

by solotalent

brusknl wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:08 am
Got a call from Get Bike Service (AMS/NL). They will collect and return the Aeroad from/to my house. Expected turn around time is little less than a week. Longer if they find any cracks, and the frame needs replacement. Does that mean that some frames needed to be replaced?
I'm one of those guys. brought my aeroad CFR in a couple of weeks ago for the planned repair. They notified me that the frame needed to be replaced due to cracks. Havent heard back from them since then...

Cannoli

by Cannoli

Cracks? What kind of cracks? Were they more specific? This is beginning to look more and more like a systemic issue that they don't want getting out. I have yet to send our two CFR's back.
Canyon Aeroad CFR Di2 | Canyon Ultimate SLX 9.0 Di2 | Trek Domane SL5 Disc (Gravel Bike / Fly-Away Road Bike) | Orbea Tera H-30 Disc (Touring Bike)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Cannoli wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:17 pm
Cracks? What kind of cracks? Were they more specific? This is beginning to look more and more like a systemic issue that they don't want getting out. I have yet to send our two CFR's back.
burried in this thread... sorry I dont remember the page. In a nutsheel the chainstays are cranking near the BB.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

solotalent

by solotalent

Cannoli wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:17 pm
Apparently there were cracks at the transition of seat stay to seat tube, not the chain stay issue that some other forum members had. Hadn't noticed it myself, so was pretty surprised, also that this is even possible for an almost new frame.

zaq962

by zaq962

Do you guys have knocking sound from the fixed seatpost. My seatpost have knocking sound while climbing in the saddle, no sound while standing. Took out and put it back with correct nm, same sound after few kilometers

BertD

by BertD

Those bikes with cracks, are they all CFRs, or also the CFs?

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

zaq962 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:32 am
Do you guys have knocking sound from the fixed seatpost. My seatpost have knocking sound while climbing in the saddle, no sound while standing. Took out and put it back with correct nm, same sound after few kilometers
Check the saddle itself, I had that on my existing Aeroad and couldn't work it out, turned out the fizik saddle under shell had snapped in half so was knocking when climbing and bobbing in the saddle.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Or just some grease or carbon paste on the rails.

Nelis

by Nelis

Finally received CF SL8 on Monday, almost 9 months after it was supposed to be delivered...
Could ride it two times now and very pleased with the bike.
Stupid question probably...
The inner tubes that come as standard, do they have long valves or are valve extensions included? Want to know this whether I have to by new spare tubes with longer valves or valve extensions.
(Easier to ask here than to take out the inner tubes :-))

pedrop

by pedrop

The inner tubes that come as standard have valves extensions.
Aeroad CF SL 8 Disc 8kg

karirunk

by karirunk

Mine (cf sl 8.0) was send with extra valve extensions. 2 x 50mm and 1 x 30mm. Not correct measurements..

eldubau

by eldubau

Has anyone received compensation money?

steve1094

by steve1094

eldubau wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:09 pm
Has anyone received compensation money?
No, not yet (in the UK, bike repaired a couple of weeks ago). I contacted Canyon UK customer services to ask about the process and they said Canyon Germany would contact me to ask for bank details to make the transfer. He couldn't tell me how long that process would take though.

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

Nearly 2 months after we got the " we're about to get started" mail. Theyve a funny defination of about to.......

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

yungillmatic

by yungillmatic

Haven't even managed to get an appointment for a pickup. Called both Canyon and this Getbikeservice thing and the where both like yeah will happen soon then ofcourse nothing happens.