2021 Canyon Aeroad

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.

Moderator: robbosmans

Turtlespeed

by Turtlespeed

One stupit question though,
Do I need to keep the big box (I am not returning the bike)?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Turtlespeed wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:15 am
I'd keep it...........................incase of another recall :D
2019 BMC TM01R
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD
2020 Parlee TTiR

EsotericCyclist

by EsotericCyclist

Turtlespeed wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:15 am
You can also use it to travel with your bike if you don't have a dedicted hard shell bike case.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Maybe this is a Canyon Canada thing... but I noticed the frameset is only available with SRAM Etap shifters and the diskbrakes installed on it already... Kind of strange to do that considering most people are buying the framesets to build it as they want it (EPS for me) Paying for parts I'll never use, and won't even recover their cost to resell...

cberg

by cberg

ParisCarbon wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:12 pm
Maybe this is a Canyon Canada thing... but I noticed the frameset is only available with SRAM Etap shifters and the diskbrakes installed on it already... Kind of strange to do that considering most people are buying the framesets to build it as they want it (EPS for me) Paying for parts I'll never use, and won't even recover their cost to resell...
It seems like they really dont want consumers to deal with the cockpit imo. But if you want to build it with EPS, why not just get the the Campa spec bike CFR?

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

cberg wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:11 pm
ParisCarbon wrote:
It seems like they really dont want consumers to deal with the cockpit imo. But if you want to build it with EPS, why not just get the the Campa spec bike CFR?
If I do it, I'll just rip off the SRAM stuff and try and recoup my loses.. too many changes for me on the EPS model... If Im dropping 13K on a bike, I'll build it the way I want it... just strange to me that they "assume" everyone wants sram on the frameset.. they must have an abundance of it they are trying to unload...

tomtom

by tomtom

ParisCarbon wrote:
I bought the CFR frameset in oktober 2020 and found it strange as well.....UNTIL I tried to install my DA9170 group; i have worked on numerous bikes, motorcycles and classic cars so I know a few things about mechanics I think but this cockpit is a real PITA! Even with dedicated Parktool wiring tools my neighbors probably have still peeps in their ears :mrgreen:! So yes, I can imagine Canyon doesn't find it suitable for everyone but it's not very logical, pleasant or common @all
Canyon Aeroad CFR
Canyon Grail CF

yourrealdad

by yourrealdad

Shipped my bike back today. Hopefully it doesn't get beat up.

There were no instructions on how to pack it (they gave me general road bike instructions that don't apply)

Everything was easy beside the bar ends. Couldn't figure out a great way.

Also check my seatpost. Not a scratch on it since I put a strip of 3m tape on it. Has probably about 5,000 miles on it. I weigh 75kg. Post was out to the 4 or 5.
Attachments
34B1EC79-A738-4024-9391-FBEEB731C0C1.jpeg
2B3D8C60-17EF-4E3F-B3D5-C63F283217AE.jpeg
AE975D51-E5F3-40D3-B4D4-4A69D88D1F5A.jpeg
A3274A05-E9BC-4AD3-86AA-1502F26EF884.jpeg

jmechy

by jmechy

yourrealdad wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:34 am
Good luck. Canyon US has had mine for a solid month now, with no estimate on when it'll be heading back. Not very happy with having it gone during the winter holidays when I try to ride as much as possible.

EsotericCyclist

by EsotericCyclist

jmechy wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:53 pm
yourrealdad wrote:
Good luck. Canyon US has had mine for a solid month now, with no estimate on when it'll be heading back. Not very happy with having it gone during the winter holidays when I try to ride as much as possible.
For the life of me I can't fathom what the hold up is on bikes like yours, while others get their bikes back in like a week. Canyon should have all the parts stocked already and it should just be finding the time and mechanic to perform the work. Maybe they're short on mechanics? :noidea:

pedrop

by pedrop

EsotericCyclist wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:22 am
jmechy wrote:
yourrealdad wrote:
For the life of me I can't fathom what the hold up is on bikes like yours, while others get their bikes back in like a week. Canyon should have all the parts stocked already and it should just be finding the time and mechanic to perform the work. Maybe they're short on mechanics? :noidea:
Infact in italy only six day...also weekend included.
Aeroad CF SL 8 Disc 8kg

yourrealdad

by yourrealdad

jmechy wrote:
yourrealdad wrote:
That stinks, I do wonder why it is taking so long (bad frame maybe?)

Yeah mine was ready to go back in early December. I asked if I could wait because I wanted to ride during the holidays. I am back home covered in snow now so they can have it until Spring for all I care.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

tomtom wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:46 am
ParisCarbon wrote:
I bought the CFR frameset in oktober 2020 and found it strange as well.....UNTIL I tried to install my DA9170 group; i have worked on numerous bikes, motorcycles and classic cars so I know a few things about mechanics I think but this cockpit is a real PITA! Even with dedicated Parktool wiring tools my neighbors probably have still peeps in their ears :mrgreen:! So yes, I can imagine Canyon doesn't find it suitable for everyone but it's not very logical, pleasant or common @all
I had as much fun with my Venge and prebled EPS 12 system... I hope I don't have to go digging in there for a while...

m03ppp

by m03ppp

Has anybody who has had his bike repaired already received the refund? Got mine back from repair in the beginning of December but no word from canyon about the refund so far.

kipers

by kipers

m03ppp wrote:Has anybody who has had his bike repaired already received the refund? Got mine back from repair in the beginning of December but no word from canyon about the refund so far.
Had it within few days - they came back to me by email for the account like day or two after i got the bike back and transfer was again like day or two after the contact.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com