2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Post deleted .

Please keep for sale items in classified section.

Basso Diamante super record EPS 12
BMC slr01 ultegra Di2

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

cberg

by cberg

BertD wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:50 pm
cberg wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:59 pm
Some guy in the Canyon fb group had an Aeroad delivered this week :shock:
Wich size?
Small, so it still seems like some time before we see other sizes

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dieselbike

by Dieselbike

I'm beginning to think that I should have ordered the Ultimate when they were available a few weeks ago. A lot of happy customers have already received them.
Still no update on my XS Aeroad arrival.

thirdsun

by thirdsun

Dieselbike wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:35 am
I'm beginning to think that I should have ordered the Ultimate when they were available a few weeks ago. A lot of happy customers have already received them.
Still no update on my XS Aeroad arrival.
Nah...a major Ultimate / Endurace update is overdue while the Aeroad is still rather fresh. I'm sure you'll feel like having made the right decision once that Aeraod arrives. On the other hand we might actually see the next Ultimate before the current Aeroad.
  • Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 8 Di2
  • Cervelo Caledonia Rival eTap AXS
  • Vitus Venon Evo
  • Canyon Grail CF SL 8 Di2

pedrop

by pedrop

pedrop wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:54 pm
I have received now the call from canyon Italia to book the seat post reparation...1 December... fingers crossed.
Bike returned ... everything ok. Free new handlebar tape plus relative assembly
Attachments
IMG-20211207-WA0002.jpeg
IMG-20211207-WA0004.jpeg
IMG-20211207-WA0000.jpeg
Aeroad CF SL 8 Disc 8kg

Dieselbike

by Dieselbike

pedrop wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:54 pm
pedrop wrote:
I have received now the call from canyon Italia to book the seat post reparation...1 December... fingers crossed.
Very good. What size bike is it?

The person on the FB group that had their new Aeroad delivered was in Italy too. Is it a coinsidence?
At least some bikes are appearing now.

usr

by usr

thirdsun wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:17 am
Nah...a major Ultimate / Endurace update is overdue while the Aeroad is still rather fresh. I'm sure you'll feel like having made the right decision once that Aeraod arrives. On the other hand we might actually see the next Ultimate before the current Aeroad.
Heh, quite possible. On the other hand I wouldn't be surprised if the release of that next Ultimate was being delayed for waiting on a full cockpit redesign, to soften the association with the Aeroad failure story. No doubt they originally intended them both to share the same foldable/adjustable cockpit.

pedrop

by pedrop

Dieselbike wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:43 pm
pedrop wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:54 pm
pedrop wrote:
Very good. What size bike is it?

The person on the FB group that had their new Aeroad delivered was in Italy too. Is it a coinsidence?
At least some bikes are appearing now.
M size.
Delivered on October 15, 2020. Ordered a few minutes after official launch.
Aeroad CF SL 8 Disc 8kg

GeaerGrimsrud

by GeaerGrimsrud

Dieselbike wrote:
The person on the FB group ...
Do you have a link to the FB group? Thanks.

Dieselbike

by Dieselbike

GeaerGrimsrud wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:57 pm
Dieselbike wrote:
You will need to request to be a member to the group. There are 2 groups called, "Canyon Aeroad, Ultimate & Endurace owners group" and "Canyon Bikes".

threefootlongbeaver

by threefootlongbeaver

Dieselbike wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:20 am
GeaerGrimsrud wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:57 pm
Dieselbike wrote:
You will need to request to be a member to the group. There are 2 groups called, "Canyon Aeroad, Ultimate & Endurace owners group" and "Canyon Bikes".
Be mindful of posting anything neutral or negative about Canyon in the "Aeroad, Ultimate & Endurances owners group" though, the guy that moderates the group really only tolerates positive posts about Canyon and their bikes.

Even some posts containing serious questions about the deliveries and repairs of the bikes I've made were shut down immediately

Dieselbike

by Dieselbike

threefootlongbeaver wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:24 am

Be mindful of posting anything neutral or negative about Canyon in the "Aeroad, Ultimate & Endurances owners group" though, the guy that moderates the group really only tolerates positive posts about Canyon and their bikes.

Even some posts containing serious questions about the deliveries and repairs of the bikes I've made were shut down immediately
I have noticed that on some posts alright. A negative post might last a few hours or even a day, but may not be visible the following day.
You will find "New Bike" posts, although Aeroad ones are very rare!

EsotericCyclist

by EsotericCyclist

threefootlongbeaver wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:24 am

Very true, it's all sunshine and roses in that group or the post get's blackholed. Communist level censorship lol :mrgreen:

Glad to see some getting their bikes back, hopefully without issues down the road.

tomtom

by tomtom

usr wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:52 pm
thirdsun wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:17 am
Heh, quite possible. On the other hand I wouldn't be surprised if the release of that next Ultimate was being delayed for waiting on a full cockpit redesign, to soften the association with the Aeroad failure story. No doubt they originally intended them both to share the same foldable/adjustable cockpit.
100% sure the New Ultimate (with the same bars?) will not be introduced before the next TdF (prototypes/pro's are not even spotted). So the "new" Aeroad will be delivered most certainly before that but it's ridicoulous that Canyon stays silent in many ways about this. As for the FB groups; I left the groups twice because the average level of (bike)knowlegde is as low as the (blind)love for Canyon is high (and I was hoping to get some real info about the progress regarding bars etc) :mrgreen:
Canyon Aeroad CFR
Canyon Grail CF

yourrealdad

by yourrealdad

Got a call today from Canyon.

Bike is ready to be sent in.

I am in the US. Bike was bought last December. I was notified in October that bike would be in line to be sent in.

Sounds like only the wings on the bars are being replaced not the whole set up. Fingers crossed they bleed my brakes for me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com