2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

brusknl

by brusknl

Kzco wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:31 am
brusknl, did you get your bike back yet ?

get bike will collect mine today. They gave me a phone call in the morning to see if i was available PM ... :roll:

P.S. : I've ridden approx 8000Km with it, if the frame isn't cracked i guess it "should be ok"
Not yet. It was collected on Friday by Get Bike Service.

Received an email from Canyon on Monday, that my bike has arrived at the servicing workshop.

I've ridden approx 6000km.
Canyon Aeroad SLX 8 Di2

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

Kzco wrote:

get bike will collect mine today. They gave me a phone call in the morning to see if i was available PM ... :roll:

P.S. : I've ridden approx 8000Km with it, if the frame isn't cracked i guess it "should be ok"
8K? And was there any seatpost damage? and what size did you have?

EsotericCyclist

by EsotericCyclist

Kzco wrote:

Hopefully that "call" isn't to discuss a craked frame.

EsotericCyclist

by EsotericCyclist

Stradabianche wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:17 pm
I've heard that the current models will actually not restock as is, only delivered to existing orders. And revised models will instead come as -22 MY.
So you're hearing that any new bikes that hit the website will have the updated components, essentially the 2022 model? And all 2021 spec'd as order models will be sent out to current order holders as ordered? I wonder if this means Canyon actually has stock of the new components and are waiting for the current situation to get worked through before updating the websites? On the US site it says stock is coming mid November, but I wouldn't think those would be the '22 models would they?

Stradabianche

by Stradabianche

I can't take poison on it but this is what I've understood from Canyon. Might be different between US and Europe.
I think this is what was written when changing from -20 to -21 as well when the wheels and saddles where updated.
I don't think Canyon is holding stock on 12-speed Shimano, rather that you can place your order when they become available on the website and delivery in spring. Depending on if there will be a lot of cancelled orders of MY -21 some might be possible to order from their webshop before the new ones are published.

thirdsun

by thirdsun

Stradabianche wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:59 pm
I can't take poison on it but this is what I've understood from Canyon. Might be different between US and Europe.
I think this is what was written when changing from -20 to -21 as well when the wheels and saddles where updated.
I don't think Canyon is holding stock on 12-speed Shimano, rather that you can place your order when they become available on the website and delivery in spring. Depending on if there will be a lot of cancelled orders of MY -21 some might be possible to order from their webshop before the new ones are published.
I'd welcome being able to order the 2022 revision but from Canyon's perspective that has to cause a lot of anger among those customers that have been waiting for their bikes all year. If they knew that the 12 speed options was right around the corner many of them surely would have cancelled their existing order. Therefore I assume Canyon will just sell whatever they have left of the current spec models in November and announce the updated 2022 version closer to its release next year - just to have some gap between both releases.
  • Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 8 Di2
  • Cervelo Caledonia Rival eTap AXS
  • Vitus Venon Evo
  • Canyon Grail CF SL 8 Di2

TomS

by TomS

Addict15 wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:12 pm
CardioBiker wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:47 pm
Something different. Does anyone have an instruction how to instal the EW-WU111 wireless unit on this bike? I presume putting it in the handle bar would be most conveniant. Can I simply connect it to the EW-RS910 in the handle bar?
You will just need to plug it in anywhere in the system, but the handlebar drops are probably easiest indeed. So you will need another cable to attach it to the EW-RS910 or between a cable that's already plugged in to the EW-RS910 and the new cable. If you already have a EW-JC200 somewhere on the bike you don't need a new cable, but I doubt it. You could also put it near the battery but that involves taking out the bb on canyon bikes. Good luck! :thumbup:
Sorry to bring this back up but I'm new to di2... I added the EW-WU111 unit to my order but I'm wondering how to install it as I don't want to undo the handlebar tape and I'll be switching out the crankset anyway, so I was wondering whether there is a way to install the unit in the BB (isn't there a junction box there?). (yes, I need to order another cable :-))
Also important: I was under the impression that the sattelite shifters on top of the hoods are always there standard, or would I need to purchase and install these myself too to be able to connect to my garmin head unit?
thanks for the help!

Dieselbike

by Dieselbike

Stradabianche wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:59 pm
I've asked Canyon this same question a few times and they will not answer it. They will not allow someone to jump the queue to order the expected 2022 model (12sp Di2) if they cancel their existing order. If they had any details for this option I would take it.
I can't see them releasing an updated spec this year if the old orders haven't been delivered.

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

TomS wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:59 am
Addict15 wrote:
CardioBiker wrote:
Something different. Does anyone have an instruction how to instal the EW-WU111 wireless unit on this bike? I presume putting it in the handle bar would be most conveniant. Can I simply connect it to the EW-RS910 in the handle bar?
You will just need to plug it in anywhere in the system, but the handlebar drops are probably easiest indeed. So you will need another cable to attach it to the EW-RS910 or between a cable that's already plugged in to the EW-RS910 and the new cable. If you already have a EW-JC200 somewhere on the bike you don't need a new cable, but I doubt it. You could also put it near the battery but that involves taking out the bb on canyon bikes. Good luck! :thumbup:
Sorry to bring this back up but I'm new to di2... I added the EW-WU111 unit to my order but I'm wondering how to install it as I don't want to undo the handlebar tape and I'll be switching out the crankset anyway, so I was wondering whether there is a way to install the unit in the BB (isn't there a junction box there?). (yes, I need to order another cable :-))
Also important: I was under the impression that the sattelite shifters on top of the hoods are always there standard, or would I need to purchase and install these myself too to be able to connect to my garmin head unit?
thanks for the help!
Its not easy to get at the battery junction on the bottom bracket unless you take the bearings out.
Its my understanding that on the new Aeroad there is a connection when you take the bars off as it goes through the headset bearings (someone with a bike can correct me if im wrong). should be easy enough to add the EW link there.

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

Aerohead23 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:53 am
TomS wrote:
Addict15 wrote:
CardioBiker wrote:
thanks for the help!
Its not easy to get at the battery junction on the bottom bracket unless you take the bearings out.
Its my understanding that on the new Aeroad there is a connection when you take the bars off as it goes through the headset bearings (someone with a bike can correct me if im wrong). should be easy enough to add the EW link there.
Ive also seen people cable tie it to the bottom rear stay and join it at the read deraliuer but thats ugly.

TomS

by TomS

Aerohead23 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:59 am
Aerohead23 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:53 am
TomS wrote:
Addict15 wrote:

thanks for the help!

Ive also seen people cable tie it to the bottom rear stay and join it at the read deraliuer but thats ugly.
thanks for both answers! Agree, has to be put internal somwhere. I guess I need to undo the handlebar tape then as I'm not going to take the bearings out :-)

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

If there is a connection in the headset you won't need to unwrap the tape just undo the head set and pop it in there

TomS

by TomS

Aerohead23 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:05 am
If there is a connection in the headset you won't need to unwrap the tape just undo the head set and pop it in there
Thanks. Does the Aeroad come with EW-SD300 cables or the older EW-SD50 cables? Need to know which tool to buy :-) Not that I'm in a rush, still no payment e-mail from Canyon...

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

TomS wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:23 pm
Aerohead23 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:05 am
Thanks. Does the Aeroad come with EW-SD300 cables or the older EW-SD50 cables? Need to know which tool to buy :-) Not that I'm in a rush, still no payment e-mail from Canyon...
I dont know sorry.

From what ive heard the people in europe with other sizes will be waiting quite a bit longer. dont expect anything this month.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Addict15

by Addict15

TomS wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:23 pm
EW-SD50 for 11 speed, and the hoods are indeed fitted with the buttons on top as standard. They are pretty well hidden, just on top of the shifter.