2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Sace

by Sace

EsotericCyclist wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:43 am
Haven't heard a peep about the bars and I'm still waiting for any word on my warranty claim that I sent in May 14th.

I asked for an update last Friday and all they said was my claim has made it to level 2, whatever that means. :noidea: I have no idea how many levels there are but my frame is cracked on both chainstays. All they should have to do is look at the photos and have me send the bike back to see what happened. Then hopefully send me back a new bike with the new drops and a refund for $1200 to my card.
It doesn't look like there is any improvements in Canyons support. I can understand that they don't have any updates for people with bikes on order. But that slow response to customers that actually have a defective bike is just horrific service to be honest.

A few days ago I saw a guy desperately trying to source an Aeroad seatpost on the Canyon FB groups. The original one was cracked on first ride and Canyon had not been able to ship a new one to him :unbelievable:

usr

by usr

Well at least you can register to get a notification when the gen 2 CF will be available again (unfortunately not in 2XL)

https://www.canyon.com/en-gb/road-bikes ... enfarbe=BK

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nelis

by Nelis

usr wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:37 pm
Well at least you can register to get a notification when the gen 2 CF will be available again (unfortunately not in 2XL)

You can even order one and receive it in three weeks time... oh wait, they also promised that back in January, haven't received anything :? .

They can send me one of these free-of-charge until they sort out the issue on the new generation.

moep

by moep

usr wrote:

I never got a notification when the bikes became available in January, so it might be worth checking the page manually.

EsotericCyclist

by EsotericCyclist

Sace wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:43 pm
A few days ago I saw a guy desperately trying to source an Aeroad seatpost on the Canyon FB groups. The original one was cracked on first ride and Canyon had not been able to ship a new one to him :unbelievable:
I think I saw that as well. If it's the same one I'm thining of that crack was pretty crazy actaully, especially if it happened after only one ride.

I totally get supply issues are what they are right now, but you can't tell me that it takes a month to get a warranty claim email looked at and escalated.

cberg

by cberg

moep wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:12 pm
usr wrote:

I never got a notification when the bikes became available in January, so it might be worth checking the page manually.
I think the "problem" with notifications in January was that the bikes didn't update on the same page, but had a new page made for the 2021 spec. Not that it's a good excuse. Some people are using some app that monitors changes on webpages to see when stock updates, which can also allow you to pick up an order when someone else cancels an order (I think)

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

Does anyone have the email address Canyon set up to ask for an update on their Aeroad order?

threefootlongbeaver

by threefootlongbeaver

I had contact with the Dutch Canyon customer service last week about the status of my CF SL 7 order which should have been shipped in february. They didn't have any information about the saddle post yet but he did tell me I can probably expect an update on the bikes somewhere in June. I'm still hoping that resolving the seatpost problem doesn't take until october so I can still make some kilometres on the road with my new bike this year.

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

I have to say im losing faith, The pesismist in me thinks the fact theyre shipping bikes with DI2 at the lower price points on other models again tell me they used the stock they had in Shimnano parts from our orders to sell some bikes. Which I think means we wont see bikes till January at the very optimisict earliest, I expect infact they will cancel our orders and tell us to order the new models with 2021 parts. They will turn around and say we have preorder privalages yet the link will get out like last time and people will miss out with people who had no order getting in on it. When there is a world shortage in Shimano parts they wont keep those parts from our orders in storage , no company would. But i think they need to be clear sooner rather than later. They cant wait until october and they cancel our orders. I'm no longer hopeful of ever seeing the bike I ordered.

TomS

by TomS

threefootlongbeaver wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:09 am
I had contact with the Dutch Canyon customer service last week about the status of my CF SL 7 order which should have been shipped in february. They didn't have any information about the saddle post yet but he did tell me I can probably expect an update on the bikes somewhere in June. I'm still hoping that resolving the seatpost problem doesn't take until october so I can still make some kilometres on the road with my new bike this year.
I hope they will communicate "something" in June, anything is better than the silent treatment we get now. I received 1 (!) e-mail saying my bike would not be deliverd in May but somewhere in Autumn. Nothing more than that. I loved my previous gen Aeorad, but this is just horrible CS. Unfortunately there are no 2XL alternatives (perhaps the 2022 Merida Scultura or Reacto).

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

Did anyone notice on the canyon Site it now says coming Soon on the Aeroads and avaialble Autumn . Be pretty shitty if they started selling new ones at the same time as they release our orders and we get knocked back further due to that? Im really geting fed up now

cberg

by cberg

Aerohead23 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:24 am
Did anyone notice on the canyon Site it now says coming Soon on the Aeroads and avaialble Autumn . Be pretty shitty if they started selling new ones at the same time as they release our orders and we get knocked back further due to that? Im really geting fed up now
They've been saying available autumn since the announcement in march, not anything new

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

The "Coming Soon" is new though.

Im literally clutching at straws at this stage I know

cberg

by cberg

I know the feeling, I asked Canyon support if there was any news on the Aeroad but they just said it's still autumn :(

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

niklasp

by niklasp

All the time and money goes to pro teams and their bikes?
Desk engineering at its best. Shame because it's a great bike...