Rumor about Dogma F14?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

otnemem

by otnemem

C36 wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:04 am
You really make a good effort to not understand. It would be a problem if they wanted to use a disc brakes and had nothing competitive. Since they decided not to use discs brakes with the F10 and decide to stick to this choice during f12 developement, you see a problem where there is no. Why bother Pinarello with a product you don’t want?
They had no such bike to choose from without a 1.8Kg penalty. It's a moot point, they had no choice. If you think they actually considered eating an almost 2Kg penalty, you probably also believe the shoes that fit and the rounder wheels.
BigBoyND wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:02 am
otnemem wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:53 pm
BigBoyND wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:35 am
otnemem wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:49 am
Just yesterday I saw a black F12 Xlight Disc with Lightweights, Campag Super Record. 8.01Kg.

How do you get that down 1.2Kg "without problems"? Some fanboys here be tripping.
How could that be possible...
A scale said so. Your posts don't change physics.
Show me a F12 Xlight Disc weighing less. I'll wait.
Lmao how convenient. You didn't show us the 8kg build but you're asking to show you.
The dude who owns it posted on instagram and I saw it while scrolling the main page while on vacations. It goes in line with what several people posted on this same thread.
Sorry it offends your fanboyism but I'm not going to spend half an hour looking for it to satisfy you.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Karvalo

by Karvalo

otnemem wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:30 am
They had no such bike to choose from without a 1.8Kg penalty. It's a moot point, they had no choice. If you think they actually considered eating an almost 2Kg penalty, you probably also believe the shoes that fit and the rounder wheels.
Where did you learn maths? The UCI weight limit is 6.8. You claim that a disc F12 weighs 8kg. What's the weight penalty there again?

[quite]Sorry it offends your fanboyism but I'm not going to spend half an hour looking for it to satisfy you.[/quote]
And yet you demanded that someone spend that time looking for other pictures.

So far what we have is you saying you've seen one very heavy F13 disc and other people saying they've seen other much lighter F12 discs. If you expect people to believe you on just your word then you should return the favour and accept that your weight criticism above is highly exaggerated.

otnemem

by otnemem

Obv I meant 1.2Kg.
Read the thread again. WT-ready F12 Disc below 8Kg? Good luck. Or SHOW ME a lighter F12 disc. Again, I'll wait. You're on the right forum to shut me up. If I'm wrong it should be really easy.

P.S.- it's not a criticism - it's fact. The F12 Disc is the heaviest of all comparative bikes. Nearly everyone else can reach 6.8Kg with minor tweaks when then need to. Pinarello fanboys need to take a chill pill even if it's hard to swallow. Eventually you too will have a 6.8Kg DB bike!

C36

by C36

otnemem wrote:
C36 wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:04 am
You really make a good effort to not understand. It would be a problem if they wanted to use a disc brakes and had nothing competitive. Since they decided not to use discs brakes with the F10 and decide to stick to this choice during f12 developement, you see a problem where there is no. Why bother Pinarello with a product you don’t want?
Boy, did you take 3’ to analyse what people wrote?
How do you think they do? They arrive to the LBS and see what’s available and pick from what’s “available”??
Sky ran quite extensive tests with Pinarello. When you run scientific tests you isolate all the parameters one by one to know how they impact performance (weight, aero, stiffness…). So I have no idea what you refer to with the rounder wheels and other BS but since the f10, they measured that they didn’t want to go through the disc route for performance reasons, then didn’t come with requirement for Pinarello to work on the Disc version for the f10/12. They had 1 bike that is fast all the time when others had to switch from aero to light frame.
Pinarello could have a frame with the same weight than the rim version, they still couldn’t give a damn (at least for now).

- - - - - - - - -
Supersix evo2HM : 5.71Kg
Last edited by C36 on Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

otnemem

by otnemem

C36 wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:01 pm
Bla bla bla
Pinarello has no 6.8Kg DB bike for Ineos to use. They do have a 6.8Kg-capable rim brake bike and in the mountains they have to slap on LWs.

Bye.

C36

by C36

otnemem wrote:
C36 wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:01 pm
Bla bla bla
Pinarello has no 6.8Kg DB bike for Ineos to use. They do have a 6.8Kg-capable rim brake bike and in the mountains they have to slap on LWs.

Bye.
Ok, for a moment I had a doubt, now it’s clear, you are clueless :)
Does it hurts this much not to be able to get out of the simplistic way of understanding a problem? surprising for someone that says being involved with some RnD projects.

- - - - - - - - -
Last edited by C36 on Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

otnemem wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:00 pm
Obv I meant 1.2Kg.
In your world it's obvious that 1.2kg is "almost 2kg" is it? :wink:
Read the thread again. WT-ready F12 Disc below 8Kg? Good luck. Or SHOW ME a lighter F12 disc. Again, I'll wait. You're on the right forum to shut me up. If I'm wrong it should be really easy.
You haven't SHOWN ANYONE a single F12 disc above 8kg. But everyone else is supposed to take your word for it that because you've supposedly seen one like that it's impossible for any lighter ones to exist. It's hypocritical nonsense.

Austy

by Austy

So are we expecting single-digit performance gains in aero and stiffness with no change to weight? What are the options for Pinarello to improve the F12?

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Probably some minor aero improvements, hopefully some weight drop.

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

robbosmans wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:47 pm
Probably some minor aero improvements, hopefully some weight drop.
Biggest gain will likely be price given the way things have been going
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

otnemem wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:30 am
The dude who owns it posted on instagram and I saw it while scrolling the main page while on vacations. It goes in line with what several people posted on this same thread.
Sorry it offends your fanboyism but I'm not going to spend half an hour looking for it to satisfy you.
Jesus christ. I DID show you one that's 7kg. I even showed you the one that is 8kg and listed what make that one so heavy...

Did you bother to read my post? Go to Wrench Science FB page. It's a well known builder. You'll see like ten F12 Disc Dogmas in their top 30 or so posts. One weighs 7.0kg, one weighs 8.0kg and the rest are 7.5kg.

justonwo

by justonwo

My AXS Red disc F12 is 7.7 kg with Zipp 353s. A little on the heavy side but I love how the bike rides, handles, and feels.
2020 Pinarello F12 AXS Red (Zipp 353)
2021 S-Works Aethos Di2 9200 (Alpinist CLX II)
2006 Cervelo Soloist
2021 S-Works Epic

Retired: 2014 S-Works Roubaix
2020 S-Works Roubaix
2020 Canyon Ultimate
2018 S-Works Camber

C36

by C36

BigBoyND wrote: Jesus christ. I DID show you one that's 7kg. I even showed you the one that is 8kg and listed what make that one so heavy...
At this point I think we need to stop feeding the troll. He visibly do not care about facts:
- you correct his maths, show him bikes and still claim non-sense.
- I discuss, within logical limits, proper testing protocol from direct source and prefers to ignore results and the fact they didn’t asked Pinarello to develop the disc frame for them.

- - - - - - - - -

caballero

by caballero

i think youre forgetting that ineos do not want disc. it has nothing to do with weight AT ALL.

when i heard it from the people at sky they basically compared running qr wheels in a world of through axles as F1 cars having to replace the car just to change tires and the time wasted between those changes.

you guys can argue that an f12 is 8kg, it wouldnt matter if it were 5kg all in. they have other priorities and as weve seen the ineos riders are not being held back by their out of date heavy old F12s.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com