Speedplay Zero PM coming?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jagheterjan

by jagheterjan

Spindles and bearings on the Wahoo pedals are different from the Speedplay ones, so you cant mix and match unfortunately.

customtune

by customtune

That would make sense if they’ve changed (improved) the bearings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fbonde

by fbonde

Hi Guys

Have you experienced this kinda side to side movement "play" on the wahoo zero pedals? I have been on the Speedplay for many years. Never experienced this kinda "play" It's on the left and right sides. left is the worse.

insta: @fbonde

customtune

by customtune

Wow, that’s a lot of play. If it were the old style zero I’m familiar with I’d have said it were a loose torx stew that fixes the body to the spindle. I know there’s no grease port but I assume there’s a similar screw to attach the wahoo zero body to the wahoo spindle? If you can locate it see if it’s tightened correctly?

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

jagheterjan wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:59 am
Spindles and bearings on the Wahoo pedals are different from the Speedplay ones, so you cant mix and match unfortunately.
I read somewhere that they should be compatible. Do you mean that the regular Speedplay cleats won't work on the new Wahoo?
Scott Addict RC 20 2021
Ridley Kanzo Adventure 2022

Bondurant

by Bondurant

He's talking about the spindles and bearings not being compatible (they aren't).

Nothing to do with the cleat / pedal body interface. If you are asking whether the old cleat will fit the new pedal, that's another question again.

Bondurant

by Bondurant

...and in the case of old and new Zero pedals and cleats, it seems that they are fully compatible.

ms6073

by ms6073

customtune wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 10:00 am
I know there’s no grease port but I assume there’s a similar screw to attach the wahoo zero body to the wahoo spindle? If you can locate it see if it’s tightened correctly?
Look closely at the image below and you will notice that there is a small rubber press-fit plug. Remove that and there is a stainless bolt exposed bu unsure if it is torx or allen head that threads into the spindle, securing the pedal body to the spindle.

- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

Bondurant wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 3:45 pm
...and in the case of old and new Zero pedals and cleats, it seems that they are fully compatible.
Ok thanks. That's great, it would be unfortunate to have to change several cleats.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021
Ridley Kanzo Adventure 2022

neeb

by neeb

Would anyone care to speculate whether it might be possible/advisable to install the new speedplay powermeter pedals with 3mm washers either side to slightly increase the q factor?

1) Would it be safe?
2) Would it affect the power readings?

Aware that asking questions such as this about a product that hasn't been released yet is dubiously sensible, but assuming that they are similar to the Assiomas...

ms6073

by ms6073

I thought Wahoo has plans to offer 2 additional longer spindle lengths, jusr no timeline on availability.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

neeb

by neeb

Oh well, that would be perfect. Knew that was the case for the zero pedals, just not for the power meter.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

neeb wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 8:13 pm
Would anyone care to speculate whether it might be possible/advisable to install the new speedplay powermeter pedals with 3mm washers either side to slightly increase the q factor?

1) Would it be safe?
2) Would it affect the power readings?

Aware that asking questions such as this about a product that hasn't been released yet is dubiously sensible, but assuming that they are similar to the Assiomas...

I doubt the additional spindle options would be available for the PowrLink because the entire electronics package is attached. The extra spindle lengths are for the Zero (and maaaybe the Nano.)

I do not have any power measurement issues using 3mm in spacers with either my Vector 3 or Assioma pedals.

neeb

by neeb

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 1:16 am
I doubt the additional spindle options would be available for the PowrLink because the entire electronics package is attached. The extra spindle lengths are for the Zero (and maaaybe the Nano.)

I do not have any power measurement issues using 3mm in spacers with either my Vector 3 or Assioma pedals.
Good to know you have no issues with the Assiomas in this respect. 3mm seems to be about the maximum recommended spacing for pedals in general to allow sufficient thread engagement.

I must admit I find it pretty amazing that these strain guages can detect such tiny deflections in the pedal axle with such accuracy.

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Any updates on when we might expect to see the nano-power pedals hitting the market?
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com