The Time Bicycles Thread -- Time Frames, Bikes, & Hardware Components After Sale To Cardinal Cycling Group

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Kumppa

by Kumppa

Solo77 wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:53 pm

Keep Your eyes peeled for a build video here ....... https://www.youtube.com/c/JimmiNicholls
Build video out. Awesome build!

Those are probably 40 mm G-ones. Can you say something about tire clearance with your setup, is that 40 mm tire totally max?

Solo77

by Solo77

You beat me to watching it as only just got home. Those were 35's on the build. Got a few sets of wheels and depending on trye and rim combination 40's max. I have a few tyres to test on it in the next few weeks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RDY

by RDY

Solo77 wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:03 pm
You beat me to watching it as only just got home. Those were 35's on the build. Got a few sets of wheels and depending on trye and rim combination 40's max. I have a few tyres to test on it in the next few weeks.
I'd guess GK 38s will fit just about. Can't see Challenge or Tufo 40s having enough space.

JasonFly

by JasonFly

Solo77 wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:27 pm
RDY wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:39 pm
Solo77 wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:13 pm
ImageI'll just pop these here :wink:
Awesome looking bike. Still a shame (for me) that they didn't slacken the head angle quite a bit and steepen the seat angle a touch, and add clearance for at least 45s - i.e. a 'real' gravel bike.

But I can see why if they have limited resources an 'all road' bike based on the AD might have made sense.

On another note ... nearly a year now since the Time distributor in France was saying in that video they had 3 imminent bike launches, and probably 2 before the end of the year (2021). Bit of a distant memory. If that really was the plan, something changed pretty dramatically.
Time have ceaaseed production on the existing Scylon a few months ago (it neary took twice the time to build a scylon than the others) and just in the last few weeks are now no longer taking new orders on the existing AD01. Time have always had a limited production capacity so with an increase in sales on exisiting models this year and last they have not been able to free up prodction capacity to begin to get new models into production as soon as they would have liked. Add people off in the factory with covid last year and this, its not surprinsing they are behind. Also demand for rim brake models had still been good so they continued to prodcuce both 01 and 21 rim throughout this year...... They will also continue 1 rim frame into next year, which will keep some people very happy! :P
Nice to hear some rumors concerning this brand!

Do you have any news on their 2023 range?
I would like to get an AD01/02, but right now I am quite hesitant: better to rush to get the last available 2022 models (if any!) or to wait for their updated range (but for how long?)?

Solo77

by Solo77

Will have updates in the next month on whats due to be releasing. They are finalising finishes along with all the stuff involved with tooling etc for production.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Solo77 wrote:Will have updates in the next month on whats due to be releasing. They are finalising finishes along with all the stuff involved with tooling etc for production.
Ooo excited ImageImageImage

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

Aress

by Aress

Solo77 wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:20 pm
Will have updates in the next month on whats due to be releasing. They are finalising finishes along with all the stuff involved with tooling etc for production.
please tell me if its internal cabeling for adh frames

RDY

by RDY

Aress wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:53 pm
Solo77 wrote:
I think you can assume it is, whenever they get refreshed. The last bike they released was a modified ADH(x) with internal cable routing via Deda DCR (but presumably also one can use ACR or whatever).

velov

by velov

Really hope they start making stems, bars and seatposts again.

Solo77

by Solo77

Aress wrote:
Solo77 wrote:
All new products will be internal. Will keep the current AD21 in production as rim frame.

jlok

by jlok

Solo77 wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:01 am
Aress wrote:
Solo77 wrote:
All new products will be internal. Will keep the current AD21 in production as rim frame.
That's a very good news. We still have a simple rim brake choice at a reasonable price.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

steveadore

by steveadore

jlok wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:13 am
Solo77 wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:01 am
Aress wrote:
Solo77 wrote:
That's a very good news. We still have a simple rim brake choice at a reasonable price.
speaking of "reasonable price", the ADH21 frame price has just gone up by 20% :cry:

Solo77

by Solo77

They have been working on the site recently. Which region you looking at? UK pricing is unchanged now at rrp £2499 inc vat. You'll do however see without vat at £2085. ADHX is up a little about 7% ish which is unsurprising in the current economic climate. On top of some brands inplementing 2-3 price increases this year its looking some brands models may go up another 16% into next year from some early pricing I have seen.

steveadore

by steveadore

Solo77 wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:32 am
They have been working on the site recently. Which region you looking at? UK pricing is unchanged now at rrp £2499 inc vat. You'll do however see without vat at £2085. ADHX is up a little about 7% ish which is unsurprising in the current economic climate. On top of some brands inplementing 2-3 price increases this year its looking some brands models may go up another 16% into next year from some early pricing I have seen.
EU price on ADH21 rim brake frame has gone up from 2,499 EUR to 2,999. That's a 500 EUR increase (20% of the old price) compared to 1-2 months ago. I really wanted to buy it since the summer, but my size and color was not in stock. I'm not sure any more if I will spend 3000 euros on a rim brake frame, in spite of the stellar quality reputation.

unclearv

by unclearv

steveadore wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:30 pm
Solo77 wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:32 am
EU price on ADH21 rim brake frame has gone up from 2,499 EUR to 2,999. That's a 500 EUR increase (20% of the old price) compared to 1-2 months ago. I really wanted to buy it since the summer, but my size and color was not in stock. I'm not sure any more if I will spend 3000 euros on a rim brake frame, in spite of the stellar quality reputation.
Did the 01 get the same price boost?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com