The Time Bicycles Thread -- Time Frames, Bikes, & Hardware Components After Sale To Cardinal Cycling Group

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

steveadore

by steveadore

EvilEuro wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:46 pm
steveadore wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:06 pm
Does anyone what the max. tire width an older (2016), rim brake model Fluidity will take w/out rubbing issues? I recall early reviews back around 2013 were complaining that clearance was only good for 23mm tires, and the most recent (2020-21) Fluidity model was claimed to accommodate 28mm (real, measured width) tires, but I cannot really find any information about 2016 (I have no idea when the Fluidity was updated, but the model I have in mind still had BB30, not BB386)
I have a 2014 Fluidity and I presently run 25mm Continental GP5000 Tubeless tyres on them. It's a close fit and definitely could not take a larger size.

I previously had tried a set of Schwalbe Pro 1 25mm years ago. Those balloons caused a rub on the inside of the crown of the front fork. Never used them again.

Newer models will definitely clear larger tyre sizes. I look forward to riding 28's when I eventually pull the trigger and get an AdH 01 when they're available again.
I wonder when (if at all) they changed tire clearance on the Fluidity. I've been told that the last iteration (2020/21) of the Fluidity would take 28mm wide tires, so I wonder if the 2016 model was identical to that or to the 2013-15 version you guys mentioned here now (where 25mm effective width seems to be the limit)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ferdi77

by Ferdi77

Hi guys,

Sorry, but i didn’t read all the posts in this thread. Anyway - I am thinking of purchasing an Alpe d huez frameset, but still could not decide between the 01 vs 21. it has to be rim brakes. There’s a 1000 Euro price difference between the models - anyone who has ridden both of them and can compare ?

Any opinions - suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perp

by Perp

I have an 01 disc and a friend has a 21 rim. I rode it once and couldn't really tell any difference. I'm 64kg and did a few sprints up hill (~900W) and coulnd't feel any difference on stiffness. Marginally, I think the 21 rode a biiiit smoother, but I think tire pressure will have a larger impact than frame differences. I'll see if I can get frame weights, but the difference was very small from what I remember.

Ferdi77

by Ferdi77

Perp wrote:I have an 01 disc and a friend has a 21 rim. I rode it once and couldn't really tell any difference. I'm 64kg and did a few sprints up hill (~900W) and coulnd't feel any difference on stiffness. Marginally, I think the 21 rode a biiiit smoother, but I think tire pressure will have a larger impact than frame differences. I'll see if I can get frame weights, but the difference was very small from what I remember.
Thank you so much. I appreciate your opinion.

I’ve found a Alpe 01 frameset, but with Aktiv Fork - is it possible to replace the fork separately / purchase a normal fork from time afterwards?

Pato

by Pato

Ferdi77 wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:36 pm
Perp wrote:I have an 01 disc and a friend has a 21 rim. I rode it once and couldn't really tell any difference. I'm 64kg and did a few sprints up hill (~900W) and coulnd't feel any difference on stiffness. Marginally, I think the 21 rode a biiiit smoother, but I think tire pressure will have a larger impact than frame differences. I'll see if I can get frame weights, but the difference was very small from what I remember.

I’ve found a Alpe 01 frameset, but with Aktiv Fork - is it possible to replace the fork separately / purchase a normal fork from time afterwards?

Usually it would be possible to order the fork and from what I remember they were around €400/500 some time ago but not sure what's the current situation if they stop production for the ADH 01.
However, if the ADH 01 you're interested is the one sold by Alltricks, I would definitely avoid. Just bought one from them after Bellati told me it was a 4 month wait, so took the chance and got it from Alltricks. They shipped me the wrong size (was the only one left in my size in their website) and now after 2 weeks they don't even answer my emails and haven't had any reply from their customer service, to the point that I will give them another week and after that I'm revolving to a lawyer.
So at the moment I'm stuck with a frame I can't ride and 3K short in my bank account. The frame was also badly packed and the box arrived all bashed up so wouldn't be surprised if the carbon was damaged.

steveadore

by steveadore

Pato wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:49 pm
Ferdi77 wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:36 pm

Usually it would be possible to order the fork and from what I remember they were around €400/500 some time ago but not sure what's the current situation if they stop production for the ADH 01.
However, if the ADH 01 you're interested is the one sold by Alltricks, I would definitely avoid. Just bought one from them after Bellati told me it was a 4 month wait, so took the chance and got it from Alltricks. They shipped me the wrong size (was the only one left in my size in their website) and now after 2 weeks they don't even answer my emails and haven't had any reply from their customer service, to the point that I will give them another week and after that I'm revolving to a lawyer.
So at the moment I'm stuck with a frame I can't ride and 3K short in my bank account. The frame was also badly packed and the box arrived all bashed up so wouldn't be surprised if the carbon was damaged.
Alltricks were selling that ADH01 frame for 1,999 euros earlier this summer, so I was also quite tempted but wanted to make sure the proprietary seatpost was included and sent them multiple messages for several weeks (since the sparse description did ot not mention the seatpost). By the time they finally responded (and confirmed the seatpost was included), they had increased the price by more than 50% (to around 3,000 euros). And they offered me a 5% discount from the new price when I complained about this. I was furious, to be honest. But maybe this was for the better because I read in a French forum that this particular colorway might be prone to peeling paint (there were a couple of guys complaining about it). Not sure if this is really an issue, but combined with the price increase, it put me off that particular frame sold on Alltricks.
In the past, I had good experience with Alltricks (ordered some clothing from them a few times), but shipping the wrong size badly packaged definitely rings some alarm bells

MDecius

by MDecius

So based on what I’m reading here, the 2023 ADH lineup is 01 in disc only and internal cabling, with a big price bump (TBD), while the 21 as the only option for rim remaining? Will the 21 also have internal cabling?

Bellati seems to have already removed the 01 rim from their website as well. I was hoping to maybe snag one of the last L sized frames in that beautiful red.

A bit disappointing if true, that consumers have less and less choice every year. I just want a bike that’s easy to work on and doesn’t have all the extra faff of disc.
Road - Time Alpe d'Huez 01 rim
All-road - Diverge Elite DSW '16 disc

Ferdi77

by Ferdi77

MDecius wrote:So based on what I’m reading here, the 2023 ADH lineup is 01 in disc only and internal cabling, with a big price bump (TBD), while the 21 as the only option for rim remaining? Will the 21 also have internal cabling?

Bellati seems to have already removed the 01 rim from their website as well. I was hoping to maybe snag one of the last L sized frames in that beautiful red.

A bit disappointing if true, that consumers have less and less choice every year. I just want a bike that’s easy to work on and doesn’t have all the extra faff of disc.
As far as I can oversee it: the 21 model is the one with regular seatpost and normal Headset, so the one rim model still remaining is the one you can easily work on.

Shmitt

by Shmitt

Is it true that for 2023 Time on the ADH and SCYLON models will only offer disc brakes, and more terrifyingly, everything is to be integrated rather than cable routing beyond the head tube as before?

Ferdi77

by Ferdi77

What about sizing? My LBS wants to put me on a small size, but the official size charts says iam more towards the medium size. Iam 177cm with 83 cm inseam.

MDecius

by MDecius

Ferdi77 wrote:
MDecius wrote:So based on what I’m reading here, the 2023 ADH lineup is 01 in disc only and internal cabling, with a big price bump (TBD), while the 21 as the only option for rim remaining? Will the 21 also have internal cabling?

As far as I can oversee it: the 21 model is the one with regular seatpost and normal Headset, so the one rim model still remaining is the one you can easily work on.

I see, but spending that much for a frame set really makes me think, I would like to have exactly my desired bike not a compromise. I’m not really that chuffed about the seat stays/top tube junction on the 21. The junction on the 01 is so much nicer looking.

Let’s see what the 23’ prices look like but I’m a bit disappointed.
Road - Time Alpe d'Huez 01 rim
All-road - Diverge Elite DSW '16 disc

nikospeed

by nikospeed

Hiya,

quick question...
When cutting the steerer tube on my AdH01 last weekend, we noticed that there is some kind of hard rubber/soft plastic inserted down the steerer tube. It _looks_ as if this is by design but I have not found any information on that anywhere. It's white and approx 8cm long. When you tap the steerer tube you hear that the insert is dampening but IMHO this isn't a part of the Aktiv design.
Does anyone of you know what this is and if its there by design? BTW - the Aktiv fork weighs 540g, a bit more than I had expected even for an Aktiv fork.
If it's not supposed to be there, I'd try to pull the insert out somehow.

thx
niko

Ferdi77

by Ferdi77

Hi guys, another question:

I have an offer for a complete R8000 rim brake built Alpe 21 for 3100 Euros, available at my LBS.
I could also order an Alpe 01 rim brake frameset for 3500 Euros.

An alpe21 frameset would cost me 2500 euros.

Any opinions ? Which one should I get?

nikospeed

by nikospeed

I'd take the one that looks nicer. Personally I don't like the 21's seatstay / seattube junction, that's why I chose the 01.
Good news is - you can't go wrong with either choice 😁

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com