The Time Bicycles Thread -- Time Frames, Bikes, & Hardware Components After Sale To Cardinal Cycling Group

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Kumppa

by Kumppa

Have to point out this IG story was from Benelux distributor, not Timecycling official. So not 100% sure it means a new product but so far they have been most active social media account for Time's products.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

EvilEuro

by EvilEuro

Care to share the link to them since they're more active on social media than even Time themselves so we can follow along?

RDY

by RDY

EvilEuro wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:56 pm
Care to share the link to them since they're more active on social media than even Time themselves so we can follow along?
Their IG handle is in the image he shared.

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

It's Monday. All I see is a new video on their manufacturing process (it may not be new actually)

Ah well, Santa won't be bringing me a new Time for Xmas after all☹️
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

Kumppa

by Kumppa

Stay tuned for.... new manufacturing process video. Need to remember it was just a story video from the distributor but tbh was expecting little bit more.

Hopefully they can push something out before spring. Otherwise it's starting to look like they aren't really doing any investment for new products.

RDY

by RDY

Not very smart marketing. Countdowns to manufacturing videos. Doing things like that goes down like a lead balloon with potential buyers 🤦‍♂️

Llanberis

by Llanberis

Yeah that should really be treated as a standard press release, no need for countdonw hype. They've just essentially admited there's nothing new to show so they have no choice but to hype a video. (Although I do enjoy watching it.)

On a seperate note, I just found out Hambini got a Scylon for himself. The naked carbon paintjob looks even more stunning in flesh.

trulede

by trulede

I got a message that there could be some new product next year. No details, but clearly they are putting in some effort on the marketing side, so I would guess something along the lines of an endurance bike, or perhaps gravel (or both).

The current range of bikes are nice anyway.
Last edited by trulede on Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

RDY

by RDY

I'd be surprised if it's endurance ... I think their now defunct endurance model sold way less than the AdH and Scylon, and the AdH and Scylon aren't exactly long and low anyway - rather the opposite. I'd have thought gravel & performance road would be their focus unless they've hired a bunch of new workers and intend to significantly expand production.

Video's nice, in the absence of product. But please Time, or distributors, if you read this, don't count down to anything except product ...

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Llanberis wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:20 pm
The naked carbon paintjob looks even more stunning in flesh.
Wow, no kidding. That's beautiful! Really nice craftmanship and yet they can charge less than an SL7

Kingstonian

by Kingstonian

Great to find this thread. Love Time bikes, tempted to pick one up next year. Curious to see what the new frame will be. Personally I'd be most interested in a refresh of the Scylon.

Llanberis

by Llanberis

Apparantly the production video got Iain Treloar's attention and he wrote a short article on CT.

https://cyclingtips.com/2021/12/who-kne ... beautiful/

Looking at the comment section, they seem to definitely get some more exposures now. Would be interesting to see once they get popular again, how they handle increased order volume and how it benefits their R&D once they have more capital. (3T is catching up!)

@Kingstonian - If you don't mind the exposed cables at the front end, I think the Scylon does the rest of everything exceptionally well. I would love to see Time update it with the latest UCI rule change, but I doubt they have the cash to burn now to bring out a cutting-edge aero frame..

JayDee81

by JayDee81

Llanberis wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:17 pm
Apparantly the production video got Iain Treloar's attention and he wrote a short article on CT.

https://cyclingtips.com/2021/12/who-kne ... beautiful/

Looking at the comment section, they seem to definitely get some more exposures now. Would be interesting to see once they get popular again, how they handle increased order volume and how it benefits their R&D once they have more capital. (3T is catching up!)

@Kingstonian - If you don't mind the exposed cables at the front end, I think the Scylon does the rest of everything exceptionally well. I would love to see Time update it with the latest UCI rule change, but I doubt they have the cash to burn now to bring out a cutting-edge aero frame..
When did their current frames come out?

LewisK

by LewisK

Has anyone ordered direct? What is the current leadtime? Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

EvilEuro

by EvilEuro

LewisK wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:14 am
Has anyone ordered direct? What is the current leadtime? Thanks!
Not yet... but only because they don't have it for the US at this point in time.

Anyone done so in the UK, Australia, New Zealand, or Canada? Those are the only places that can do direct order at this time.