The Time Bicycles Thread -- Time Frames, Bikes, & Hardware Components After Sale To Cardinal Cycling Group

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

openwheelracing

by openwheelracing

I was not aware we can use a Pro Vibe stem due to it's proprietary top cap. I see on the official website they have a Pro Vibe stem fitted to Time's "Carbon Quickset" headset system. It is done with Pro Vibe top cap. I would like to use this stem, how is this done?
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Guardian

by Guardian

Looks like you just need to use an expander plug like a traditional headset. It will be redundant with the Time Quickset, but should work fine.

openwheelracing

by openwheelracing

Since my steerertube is already cut flush with Time's plug, would the top cap protrude (not sit flush)?

Guardian

by Guardian

You may have to cut a bit more, or add a slight spacer under the stem... Hard to tell until you have the new parts.

velocipedeimp

by velocipedeimp

You can use an expaner plug in the Time forks. I used one recently in a AdH01 due to the Deda Vinci stem/bar I installed on it. I used the Deda expanders. They are longer and support more of the steerer. They fit the steerers really well. Time technically makes two internal diameters. 23.7 and 23.8mm depending on the size of the fork. So be careful which expander you use so you don't shove one in and it's too tight or too loose. You don't want to damage the steerer.

JayDee81

by JayDee81

Is the geometry chart on the site actually correct? I just looking at the AdH 21 and putting the geo in a calculator and cannot get the same numbers. Notably wheelbase 976 instead of 979, front center 583 instead of 584, headtube 165 instead of 166 and fork 362 instead of 372. Looking at size M.
Trying to find out how my current fit on my TCR would work on the frame.

velocipedeimp

by velocipedeimp

JayDee81 wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:38 pm
Is the geometry chart on the site actually correct? I just looking at the AdH 21 and putting the geo in a calculator and cannot get the same numbers. Notably wheelbase 976 instead of 979, front center 583 instead of 584, headtube 165 instead of 166 and fork 362 instead of 372. Looking at size M.
Trying to find out how my current fit on my TCR would work on the frame.

On my B2B page, it shows the same as on the website. But it could be a typo that wasn't corrected. They still don't have an ETA on the frame. So no clue on when it's officially out for sale.

xrs2

by xrs2

As of yesterday I am the proud owner of a size large ADHX in brown.

Or rather I should say I paid for it, shipping in June. Which is fine because it is going to take at least that long, or maybe longer, to get components.

dialtone

by dialtone

xrs2 wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:10 pm
As of yesterday I am the proud owner of a size large ADHX in brown.

Or rather I should say I paid for it, shipping in June. Which is fine because it is going to take at least that long, or maybe longer, to get components.
Love your optimism. I bought my ADH01 in November, received also in November, still waiting for parts (chainrings).

JKolmo

by JKolmo

Hmmm, I ordered a Scylon frameset in January 2022. Still haven’t seen the smoke if it - fearing it’s plain vaporware

velocipedeimp

by velocipedeimp

JKolmo wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:23 pm
Hmmm, I ordered a Scylon frameset in January 2022. Still haven’t seen the smoke if it - fearing it’s plain vaporware Image

What size and color? I have access to their B2B with live inventory tracking.

JKolmo

by JKolmo

velocipedeimp wrote:
JKolmo wrote:
Hmmm, I ordered a Scylon frameset in January 2022. Still haven’t seen the smoke if it - fearing it’s plain vaporware Image

Wow thanks! It’s a Scylon disc Translink regular non-Active fork V11 gloss carbon/matte gray size S!

mathemagician

by mathemagician

JKolmo wrote:
velocipedeimp wrote:
JKolmo wrote:

Wow thanks! It’s a Scylon disc Translink regular non-Active fork V11 gloss carbon/matte gray size S!
Let's hope he doesn't nick your frame now! Image

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

JKolmo

by JKolmo

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

velocipedeimp

by velocipedeimp

JKolmo wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:14 am
velocipedeimp wrote:
JKolmo wrote:

No worries, not gonna pip you at the line. They have nothing listed at all size or color wise for that. Usually it means 30 days out for frames to be ready. Wish I could be more help. They don't have much in the way of Scylons (Scylon TL Disc: internal #75211225) right now. A few larger sizes but not many. Sorry.