The Time Bicycles Thread -- Time Frames, Bikes, & Hardware Components After Sale To Cardinal Cycling Group

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

steveadore

by steveadore

Don't recall the previous ADH01 price, but now RRP is 4400 EUR for both rim and disc frames (I'm pretty sure it was much cheaper than that).

mathemagician

by mathemagician

Damn...I really lucked out with my frame purchase- think it was £1700 unpainted, in February!

Sent from my CPH2207 using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JasonFly

by JasonFly

steveadore wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:30 pm
Don't recall the previous ADH01 price, but now RRP is 4400 EUR for both rim and disc frames (I'm pretty sure it was much cheaper than that).
Few month ago the price without Active fork was 3.999€, the price with Active fork 300€ more.

Anyway if they really stopped manufacturing this model, the current retail price shown on the website does not mean much...

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

mathemagician wrote:Damn...I really lucked out with my frame purchase- think it was £1700 unpainted, in February!

Sent from my CPH2207 using Tapatalk
Was that for the 01 (top model not the 21)

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

Pato

by Pato

Anybody with some info on the 2023 models (@Solo77) knows if Time will stick with BB386 EVO?
Reason I'm asking is that I just got delivered an ADH 01 but they had the wrong inventory size and on arrival the frame was actually an XS instead of an XXS. Consignment of an XXS is a 3 month wait, at which point the new models will surely be anounced and at that point I'd rather wait for the new version.
However, in the meantime I've already bough BB and 30mm cranks which I'd only use in a 386EVO, so not sure if I should return them while I still can or keep them for the upcoming model which is what I will buy most probably.

RDY

by RDY

Pato wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:56 pm
Anybody with some info on the 2023 models (@Solo77) knows if Time will stick with BB386 EVO?
Reason I'm asking is that I just got delivered an ADH 01 but they had the wrong inventory size and on arrival the frame was actually an XS instead of an XXS. Consignment of an XXS is a 3 month wait, at which point the new models will surely be anounced and at that point I'd rather wait for the new version.
However, in the meantime I've already bough BB and 30mm cranks which I'd only use in a 386EVO, so not sure if I should return them while I still can or keep them for the upcoming model which is what I will buy most probably.
Why would they change? It's the most versatile BB standard, and pf > Threaded in just about every way assuming your tolerances aren't total dog shit. So I can't see them moving to another pf standard or threaded. I think you can assume it'll stay the same.

steveadore

by steveadore

I actually asked their customer service via email the exact same question last week, and was told that they would continue to use BB386 EVO

Pato

by Pato

RDY wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:01 pm
Why would they change? It's the most versatile BB standard, and pf > Threaded in just about every way assuming your tolerances aren't total dog shit. So I can't see them moving to another pf standard or threaded. I think you can assume it'll stay the same.
Comanies take a lot of decisions that don't make much sense, like fully integrated cable rounting :D
steveadore wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:59 pm
I actually asked their customer service via email the exact same question last week, and was told that they would continue to use BB386 EVO
Awesome!!

steveadore

by steveadore

Could anyone tell me if the ADHX also used the patented Time Quickset headset or not? I'm having a hard time visualizing how that system could work together with the Deda Superbox stem's spacers and the Deda DCR internal cable routing (as far as I know, that requires its own special headset)

velomane

by velomane

The ADHX uses the Deda DCR headset in order to permit the cables to be routed through the headtube. https://dedaelementi.com//headset-dcr

steveadore

by steveadore

velomane wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:07 am
The ADHX uses the Deda DCR headset in order to permit the cables to be routed through the headtube. https://dedaelementi.com//headset-dcr
Thanks, just found this video that shows the steerer does indeed lack the threaded sleeve for the Quickset
I'm not a big fan of cable routing through the headtube (though the DCR system is probably the best method for this), and I wonder if it was worth sacrificing the benefits of the Quickset for this (allegedly, the new ADH and Scylon models will also feature integration)

RDY

by RDY

There should be no reason why you can't use other IS52 integrated headsets. I don't see why it'd need to be the Deda one. The Deda stems are about 4-6x the price of FSA SMR for example ...

steveadore

by steveadore

RDY wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:59 pm
There should be no reason why you can't use other IS52 integrated headsets. I don't see why it'd need to be the Deda one. The Deda stems are about 4-6x the price of FSA SMR for example ...
Well, I'm considering a frameset that comes with the Deda stem and headset included :) I didn't realize they were so much more expensive if purchased separately

RDY

by RDY

steveadore wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:10 pm
RDY wrote:
Well, I'm considering a frameset that comes with the Deda stem and headset included :) I didn't realize they were so much more expensive if purchased separately
If you want to use something else, I'm sure it can be supplied without. Time make the frame, not Deda stuff ... so if it's not optional, it ought to be.

steveadore

by steveadore

RDY wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:14 pm
steveadore wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:10 pm
RDY wrote:
If you want to use something else, I'm sure it can be supplied without. Time make the frame, not Deda stuff ... so if it's not optional, it ought to be.
No, it's a used set sold together :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com