The Time Bicycles Thread -- Time Frames, Bikes, & Hardware Components After Sale To Cardinal Cycling Group

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

alistaird

by alistaird

JAZ wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:50 am
I bought a closeout sale white/clearcoat Alpe d'Huez 01 rim brake frame/fork earlier this year, it's such an awesome bike and finish, I love it.
I can't find the matching stem I need for it in a 90mm black/white, white/black or raw colour scheme. The UK distro doesn't seem to have it to order either, although I've emailed them to ask, does anyone have an idea when or where I can get one?
At the minute I'm running a Ritchey carbon 4 axis so it matches with the weave, but I'm running the uncut fork until I have the correct stem and can get it cut slammed and leave a little spacer on top just in case.
@Jaz - I have a few Time stems, different colours, different lengths, nothing in a 90mm and I'm not sure I've ever seen one for sale.... But might have something that works for shorter reach handle bars?

PM me if you're intetested.

A

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

The website is still not super useful, I assume both frames are unchanged other than paint? I really want an ADH but also want clearance for 32's on my next frame.

Maybe a Fluidity replacement (if there is one slated) is more likely to provide that?
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

agnesvv

by agnesvv

Pretty disappointing… No slightest update to the frames, just changes in paint

RDY

by RDY

bikewithnoname wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:44 am
The website is still not super useful, I assume both frames are unchanged other than paint? I really want an ADH but also want clearance for 32's on my next frame.

Maybe a Fluidity replacement (if there is one slated) is more likely to provide that?
I'd imagine updates to ADH / Scylon, and a gravel frame are more likely than a Fluidity replacement in the near future.

bernard34

by bernard34

I love TIME bikes, they are really different than any frames AND Time produce their frames. But they definitely need an update in term of style. This glossy coating on the carbon structure is a bit old fashion.

EvilEuro

by EvilEuro

bernard34 wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:22 pm
I love TIME bikes, they are really different than any frames AND Time produce their frames. But they definitely need an update in term of style. This glossy coating on the carbon structure is a bit old fashion.
Interestingly, what you're noting above as being old fashioned to you is what a lot of folks were asking for from Time. They and Giant are the two companies that actually weave their own carbon, so why not show it off?

I loved the clear glossy look with the old RXR and ZRXR frames and still love it now with the Alpe d'Huez. Their carbon weave work is so beautiful I don't think that I will ever tire of it.

If I could see them do one thing that they don't do right now it would be to incorporate some form of translucent paint job like Calfee have done. That would still allow the weave to show through and shine while also creating some visually interesting colours. Especially if they fade from one colour to another. Calfee's "root bear" was always a personal favourite.

EvilEuro

by EvilEuro

Well, it looks like Time's "relaunch" is a bit of a damp squib. They've put up a few things on their Facebook page and done some minor updates to their official website. But that's about it. I haven't seen anything in the greater cycling press talking about this "relaunch" and getting it out in front of folks.

The website, while slightly updated, still lacks lots of information. It has no listing for dealers, so if you don't know where to buy a Time frame already you're certainly not going to find out there.

There is a little shopping basket on their website, but I have yet to see a place on the site where I can purchase anything. Not a stem, not a handlebar, not a frame. They give pricing but no purchase options. Boooo!

As it stands right now I only know of few places where one can purchase a frame right now. There's Velo Pasadena here in Los Angeles, but they don't list framesets online. Cyclexclusive in the Netherlands does list a few Time frames. Bellatisport appears to have the most product in actual stock. Contender Cycles seems to be clearing out stock. Glory Cycles has decent stock, but without options such as getting a non-Aktiv fork on the Alpe or Skylon.

Below are the few updates Time has made to their Facebook page. Some information is better than none... but this is barely some.
Launch-1.jpg
Launch-2.jpg
Launch-3.jpg
Launch-4.jpg

Llanberis

by Llanberis

EvilEuro wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:02 am
bernard34 wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:22 pm
Interestingly, what you're noting above as being old fashioned to you is what a lot of folks were asking for from Time. They and Giant are the two companies that actually weave their own carbon, so why not show it off?

I loved the clear glossy look with the old RXR and ZRXR frames and still love it now with the Alpe d'Huez. Their carbon weave work is so beautiful I don't think that I will ever tire of it.

If I could see them do one thing that they don't do right now it would be to incorporate some form of translucent paint job like Calfee have done. That would still allow the weave to show through and shine while also creating some visually interesting colours. Especially if they fade from one colour to another. Calfee's "root bear" was always a personal favourite.
This. While most frames on the market with a paint job showing carbon weave are mostly just cosmetic layers, Time's naked 3K weave is the real deal. Under clear coat, they are beautifully-woven carbon socks moulded with high-grade resin, you need to see it in person to be able to appreciate the craftsmanship (thanks to their RTM process).

Also, this eBay seller has a coupe of ZXRS / RXRS / Skylon / Ad'H frames in stock with great prices. They seem to be a bike shop in Italy but I've never heard of them beofre so might need some vetting.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_ssn= ... e&_sacat=0

Llanberis

by Llanberis

There seems to be a very minor update on Scylon Disc model - the original quick release TA, SR SUNTOUR Q-LOC, is now replaced by what appears to be a threaded fit. Not sure if it's an upgrade as I do like Q-LOC's mechanism (super quick to take down the wheel).
Attachments
MY22_SCYLON_Red_5_1800x1800.jpg
s-l300.jpg
s-l300.jpg (3.75 KiB) Viewed 3197 times
IMG_7889-1024x768.jpg
IMG_7890-1024x768.jpg
Scylon Disc 3-2.jpg

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

Maybe I should be keeping this bike.
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3148835/
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

bernard34

by bernard34

EvilEuro wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:02 am

I agree the carbon work is very nice, I visited the factory 15 years ago and it was amazing !!
Now, in term of style, the glossy coating and the sharp edge... mmh... I am not crazy about that.

rich00

by rich00

Hi all,

I've recently been looking at TIME for my next frame, possibly the scylon. I'm trying to find information on the seatpost on whether the setback is 0 or it's adjustable, if it is how much ?

Thanks in advance
Rich

Llanberis

by Llanberis

Hi there, the seat post itself doesn't have any offset and is non-adjustable. However, I think with the ST angle, it's considered offset to some degree (someone mentioned this on the forum but I can't remember in which thread). Alternatively, if you can manage to find a Scylon T30 seat post (providing you're considering the Translink model), it may give you a more forward position:

Attachments
Screenshot 2021-10-12 at 13.02.14.png

EvilEuro

by EvilEuro

Llanberis wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:02 pm
Hi there, the seat post itself doesn't have any offset and is non-adjustable. However, I think with the ST angle, it's considered offset to some degree (someone mentioned this on the forum but I can't remember in which thread).
If I remember correctly, the seatpost that comes standard with the Skylon is considered to have a setback and there is also a zero-setback version of it as well. But it has to be asked for. I believe I got that information from Contender Bikes in Salt Lake City when I inquired about it.

And then there's the option presented above which uses a T-30 seatpost to get a more forward position.

nafaiutb

by nafaiutb

Just in case people hadn't seen it on the Time board...
Apparently there could be a new model by the end of the year:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TpzUN2bVtI

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com