The Time Bicycles Thread -- Time Frames, Bikes, & Hardware Components After Sale To Cardinal Cycling Group

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

matteof93

by matteof93

odonnebj wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:31 pm
Prepare to be surprised soon!
Please, tell me it is going to be a no-nonsense endurance frame...meaning: no fully internal cables, tire clearance 34/35 mm, T47 bottom bracket, geometry for normal people (not for racers).

I am certain that I will be disappointed. It will be a new aero bike with fully integrated cables, maybe even Di2/Etap only, and proprietary parts :noidea:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MDecius

by MDecius

matteof93 wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:31 am
odonnebj wrote:
Please, tell me it is going to be a no-nonsense endurance frame...meaning: no fully internal cables, tire clearance 34/35 mm, T47 bottom bracket, geometry for normal people (not for racers).

I am certain that I will be disappointed. It will be a new aero bike with fully integrated cables, maybe even Di2/Etap only, and proprietary parts :noidea:
I think most of your needs are covered by the ADHX, other than T47. Definitely should not be electronic only shifting because the current ADHX can take mechanical, and it would make sense to me that they use the same Deda headset and routing for the road model. According to my local bike fitter, the ADH has quite relaxed geometry for a road-oriented frame as well.
Road - Time Alpe d'Huez 01 rim
All-road - Diverge Elite DSW '16 disc

odonnebj

by odonnebj

Agreed on the ADHX suiting matteof93's needs in terms of endurance/geo. On the topic of BB, I've been happy with the BB386EVO. I've been running the same CeramicSpeed BB in my ADH01 (it was in my old Scylon first) for over 5 years now. Zero issues whatsoever.

I'd also argue that the ADH01 and Scylon aren't really just for racers when you compare the geos to other brands. The stacks are a bit higher. They ride like race bikes though (fast/twitchy <<in a good way>> front ends), but super comfy for all day adventures too.

I think MDecius is correct on using the Deda headset system again. I don't think Time would introduce it on the ADHX and then completely abandon it on the next model. It's one of the better internal routing systems out there for giving you options.

Pato

by Pato

matteof93 wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:31 am
odonnebj wrote:

Why would you need T47 when apparently they will continue with BB386EVO?

MDecius

by MDecius

odonnebj wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:41 pm
Agreed on the ADHX suiting matteof93's needs in terms of endurance/geo. On the topic of BB, I've been happy with the BB386EVO. I've been running the same CeramicSpeed BB in my ADH01 (it was in my old Scylon first) for over 5 years now. Zero issues whatsoever.

I'd also argue that the ADH01 and Scylon aren't really just for racers when you compare the geos to other brands. The stacks are a bit higher. They ride like race bikes though (fast/twitchy <<in a good way>> front ends), but super comfy for all day adventures too.

I think MDecius is correct on using the Deda headset system again. I don't think Time would introduce it on the ADHX and then completely abandon it on the next model. It's one of the better internal routing systems out there for giving you options.
Speaking of Time geometry, their website shows that the ADHX is actually identical to the ADH01 in terms of quoted stack/reach figures. The ADHX has a longer wheelbase though which likely would lead to more stability. I personally like the idea of having a frame which is "more relaxed", however you want to see that. I've always found that getting into that "aero hoods" position is more than enough for getting me into an aggressive position which is outside of my comfort zone, for fast group rides, and don't need a slammed setup at all. I'm too slow. :)

I wonder personally how much practically the actual rider position differs between the ADH01 compared to say a Cervelo Soloist, which is marketed as an "aero bike". Comparing the ADH01 in L to the Soloist in 58cm, the major difference seems to be that the Soloist has 1cm longer reach and longer front center. So perhaps this means that the Soloist is not going to put you "lower", just "longer", but the differences are super small in my mind.

Regarding the Deda S-DCR stem, this seems like a decent compromise (once again, similar to the Cervelo Soloist) where the cables exit under the stem and allow you to change the bar/stem combo without disconnecting cables.
Road - Time Alpe d'Huez 01 rim
All-road - Diverge Elite DSW '16 disc

Ferdi77

by Ferdi77

I got my time adh01 frame and noticed a dent on the outer side of the drivetrain chainstay - is this normal or on purpose?

I noticed another 2 dents on the inner side of both chainstays - I think it’s because of tire clearance- or am I wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kumppa

by Kumppa

Ferdi77 wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:03 pm
I noticed another 2 dents on the inner side of both chainstays - I think it’s because of tire clearance- or am I wrong?
You are right, those are for tire clearance. (My AdH01 also has these.)

Ferdi77

by Ferdi77

Kumppa wrote:
Ferdi77 wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:03 pm
You are right, those are for tire clearance. (My AdH01 also has these.)
And the outer dent ?

Kumppa

by Kumppa

Oops readed your post too fast. Needed check it but yes my frame also has a small dent on the outer side for the chainring. Hard to notice from the pic but you can see it's not a flat surface.

And for the inner side of the rear triangle I have just installed small pieces of protective film, your frame is all right. :thumbup:

odonnebj

by odonnebj

Here's a stock photo of a frameset. You can clearly see the "dent" so have no worries.
Screen Shot 2022-12-04 at 5.39.14 PM.png

Ferdi77

by Ferdi77

Thank you guys !
Another issue I have faced: I can’t fit the rear wheel because I think the hanger is too tight. Is this normal for the initial “fit”?Image

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Ferdi77 wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:32 am
Thank you guys !
Another issue I have faced: I can’t fit the rear wheel because I think the hanger is too tight. Is this normal for the initial “fit”?

Simply put, nobody will be able to tell from the photo you've provided. It's too low resolution and too underexposed. I even tried to boost the brightness and lower the contrast to get a better look.

Even if we could see detail, it either fits or it doesn't. A very tight interference fit is obviously not normal.

Ferdi77

by Ferdi77

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Ferdi77 wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:32 am
Thank you guys !
Another issue I have faced: I can’t fit the rear wheel because I think the hanger is too tight. Is this normal for the initial “fit”?

Simply put, nobody will be able to tell from the photo you've provided. It's too low resolution and too underexposed. I even tried to boost the brightness and lower the contrast to get a better look.

Even if we could see detail, it either fits or it doesn't. A very tight interference fit is obviously not normal.
Sorry. Another approach then:
The diameter of the hanger “collar” is 0.9 cm, whereas the wheel insert needs 1.0cmImage

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Ferdi77 wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:31 am

The diameter of the hanger “collar” is 0.9 cm, whereas the wheel insert needs 1.0cmImage

Is the actual dropout also 9mm? Obviously the rear dimensions are supposed to be 10x130mm.

Ferdi77

by Ferdi77

I measured it several times now, I think the dropout is ok with 1.0cm; the dropout hanger though is 0.9cm.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com