The Time Bicycles Thread -- Time Frames, Bikes, & Hardware Components After Sale To Cardinal Cycling Group

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

odonnebj

by odonnebj

The leaked photos are just that... photos. It doesn't mention anything about the tech, fibers, paint, etc. Let's wait for the official announcement / marketing material before jumping to conclusions. As for the head tube, the Orbea Ordu and Factor Hanzo are TT bikes, right? How can you even make that comparison when this obvioulsy isn't an aero road bike?!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

Weak launch colors

MDecius

by MDecius

I know it sounds kind of pedantic, but I’m disappointed their new launch uses the seat cluster from the ADH21, not the 01. The 01 clamp looks so much better, and the attachment for the seat stays looks much more smoothly blended into the top tube.

I’ll be looking hard for a 2022 model ADH01 if there’s still any out there. If any of you find one in the EU please send me a PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Road - Time Alpe d'Huez 01 rim
All-road - Diverge Elite DSW '16 disc

JayDee81

by JayDee81

That magenta is venomous.
Did you consider it might be the 21 model and not 01, therefore the 21 cluster?
Kinda bummer about the colours. The ADHX colours are fantastic and I don't really fancy these. Probably for the better I suppose. Especially for the wallet.

JKolmo

by JKolmo

Electronic and disc only it seems.

JasonFly

by JasonFly

MDecius wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:15 pm
I know it sounds kind of pedantic, but I’m disappointed their new launch uses the seat cluster from the ADH21, not the 01. The 01 clamp looks so much better, and the attachment for the seat stays looks much more smoothly blended into the top tube.

I’ll be looking hard for a 2022 model ADH01 if there’s still any out there. If any of you find one in the EU please send me a PM.

We still do not know if the model in the pictures will be the new ADH01 or ADH21...

Other option, maybe they decided to reduce the range to one ADH model only and the new scylon will be more versatile and will replace both ADH01 and the old scylon as their top offering.

Let's wait for more info!

odonnebj

by odonnebj

I own an ADH01 and I have zero issues with it. I also own an ADHX. Even though the ADH01 system works for me, I can see how it wouldn't work for eveyrone. Using the ADHX/ADH21 system gives everyone more seatpost options: setback, length, carbon vs. alloy rails (round, 7x9mm, 7x10mm), etc. Just my 2 cents.

RDY

by RDY

Not really sure what you guys were expecting. ADHX is essentially an updated iteration of the ADH with slightly wider clearance and integrated cabling. It follows that the ADH would follow a similar route (it looks like it'll probably fit 32-34mm tires this time round). To me it's more a dissappointment that the ADHX is basically an all-road rather than gravel bike, than the ADH being an iterative update.

I really do hope that they've pushed the boat out a bit with the Scylon replacement though. That design is as old as the hills now.

MDecius

by MDecius

JasonFly wrote:
MDecius wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:15 pm

We still do not know if the model in the pictures will be the new ADH01 or ADH21...

Other option, maybe they decided to reduce the range to one ADH model only and the new scylon will be more versatile and will replace both ADH01 and the old scylon as their top offering.

Let's wait for more info!
Yes you are right, I didn’t think of that. My understanding was that they’d have only one top end model, and this was it.

Yoln

by Yoln

Litespeed Gravel Ultimate : https://tinyurl.com/zvxxy8zk
Wilier “Cento Ramato“ : https://tinyurl.com/29vs8vre
#RETIRED# Lynskey “the Do-it-all Helix” 🧬:https://tinyurl.com/bdmb5y24

AJS914

by AJS914

Can one order semi-custom from Time? What if one wanted an ADHX without the top tube mounts? Or what if one wanted the new ADH (more tire clearance?) with the Cobalt ADHX paint job? Would they accomodate.

For a while, I saw they were selling "ready to paint" frames but I don't see them on their web site now.

Yoln

by Yoln

I tried everything I could to get the blue-red-white braided one. Endless email threads (I'm French speaking so that helped) with there salesperson at different level... that was a dead end. It was right before they got bought out though, so who knows if things have changed now. I'd love to know if you manage to get more info
Litespeed Gravel Ultimate : https://tinyurl.com/zvxxy8zk
Wilier “Cento Ramato“ : https://tinyurl.com/29vs8vre
#RETIRED# Lynskey “the Do-it-all Helix” 🧬:https://tinyurl.com/bdmb5y24

jlok

by jlok

Don't you think the ADH is already as classy as those iconic cars from the 90's? With that I certainly don't need a new design. I will buy it if I'm in the market right now. It stands out in the sea of me-too dropped stay/drag reduction designs. Please keep the rim brake (at least the 21) without the full internal routing...
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MDecius

by MDecius

jlok wrote:Don't you think the ADH is already as classy as those iconic cars from the 90's? With that I certainly don't need a new design. I will buy it if I'm in the market right now. It stands out in the sea of me-too dropped stay/drag reduction designs. Please keep the rim brake (at least the 21) without the full internal routing...
They will keep the rim brake model with semi-external routing, as others have reported in this thread. I’ve also had that confirmed by a Time dealer which is great news.

And I agree, it’s a classic design. The carbon manufacturing and craftsmanship are just at another level as well.