The Time Bicycles Thread -- Time Frames, Bikes, & Hardware Components After Sale To Cardinal Cycling Group

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

JAQ1

by JAQ1

I treid searching, but it could be a small note between a lot of threads and info:

Does anyone know if the seatpos shape used for the Skylon is the same as used in the RXRS Ulteam. It seems like it is and I would like to use the 0 ofsset from the Skylon in my RXRs.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nezz0r

by Nezz0r

Built up - over the last week's - the Time AdH21 frame I managed to acquire from a nice gentleman from Poland.

[1718gr] Medium size frame, fork, Chris King BB PF30 cups, hanger, Bottle cage bolts & BB cable guide.

BB was bonded in, so no separate weight, cups only have been measured 92gram by another user of this forum.

Assembled bike - went with blue bartape for the French tricolour (yes; it is also what I had laying around). I will go for red or black at the next swap. The Scope wheels will be retired soon - they are worn out at the brake track.

Total assembled weight:
7.25kg as shown. With the Pro Stealth saddle I'm testing (steel rails) and a 75gr bell/computer mount and the heavy 55s there is still some reduction in the near future. I do not think it will go sub 7 but it should get close.

It is a nice frame to ride, more forgiving than the Focus it replaces (both in posture and stiffness).

mathemagician

by mathemagician

Finally got my frame sprayed up, and started building the full bike up. Hit a slight complication when the 1 piece bottom bracket was taking up all the remaining room in the BB shell, which meant there was no room for the rear brake hose. Shaved some of the excess carbon off in the shell with a dremel and everything now fully routed.
Attachments
IMG20220624183901.jpg
IMG20220624184041.jpg
IMG20220625120111.jpg
IMG20220625122808.jpg

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Woooohaaaaa this looks amazing.... Whats the build gunna be?

Who did that spray job?? Looks immense
Basso Diamante super record EPS 12
BMC slr01 ultegra Di2

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

tanghy

by tanghy

I thought the 21 uses bb386 BBs?
Nezz0r wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:36 pm
Built up - over the last week's - the Time AdH21 frame I managed to acquire from a nice gentleman from Poland.

[1718gr] Medium size frame, fork, Chris King BB PF30 cups, hanger, Bottle cage bolts & BB cable guide.

BB was bonded in, so no separate weight, cups only have been measured 92gram by another user of this forum.

Assembled bike - went with blue bartape for the French tricolour (yes; it is also what I had laying around). I will go for red or black at the next swap. The Scope wheels will be retired soon - they are worn out at the brake track.

Total assembled weight:
7.25kg as shown. With the Pro Stealth saddle I'm testing (steel rails) and a 75gr bell/computer mount and the heavy 55s there is still some reduction in the near future. I do not think it will go sub 7 but it should get close.

It is a nice frame to ride, more forgiving than the Focus it replaces (both in posture and stiffness).

mathemagician

by mathemagician

tanghy wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:21 am
I thought the 21 uses bb386 BBs?
Cups are the same - shell diameter is 46mm either way, the only difference is the shell width.

mathemagician

by mathemagician

MrCurrieinahurry wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:07 am
Woooohaaaaa this looks amazing.... Whats the build gunna be?

Who did that spray job?? Looks immense
Basso Diamante super record EPS 12
BMC slr01 ultegra Di2
Thanks fella- to be honest the photos don't do it justice, it looks even better in the flesh. Paint job was done by Kustom Flow in Hull, but I'm gonna take some credit in that I picked the base colour and the pearl and specified the fade design on the top tube and fork, as well as the AdH line detail... :P . But yea, I'm super pleased with the result, he did a fantastic job.

For now it's just going to have the parts from my Canyon (#brokeasajoke)...Potenza disc groupset (hopefully upgrade next year), Light Bicycle rims on Carbon-Ti hubs (here to stay). It's even got the bars and stem at the moment, until I can replace them. I picked up a Roval alpinist seatpost cheap so using that with my current saddle (Astute Skylite).

mathemagician

by mathemagician

I have reached what we call in the construction industry "substantial completion". The bike is now rideable, albeit not finished in its final form. Full specs:
Frame / Fork: Alpe d'Huez 21
Wheels: Light Bicycle AR56, Carbon-Ti X-Hub hub, Sapim CX-Ray spokes
Groupset: Campagnolo Potenza Disc, Rotor Aldhu Q Rings Chainset, Hambini BBB38EVO Bottom Bracket
Stem: Currently whatever Canyon stem was on my Canyon, to be replaced.
Bars: Zipp Service Course Aluminium - also straight from the Canyon, also to be replaced
Seatpost: Roval Alpinist
Saddle: Astute Skylite

Just quickly weighed it...wasn't holding it steady enough for the scales to settle but looked to be hovering around 8.1kg- that was with pedals, GPS mount and actually the GPS too since it was on there.

Bars, stem and while I'm at it bar tape will be replaced in the coming weeks, the orange will be replaced by a pink / black fade which will match the bike a bit better. But for now it rides at least!
Attachments
Time-1.jpg
Time-2.jpg

openwheelracing

by openwheelracing

Is this normal? I am in process of upgrading groupset and found this after removing crankset.
Attachments
4.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg

Llanberis

by Llanberis

@openwheelracing - Did you mean the oval depression on the inner face of chainstay? It's for tyre clearance, see this page:

viewtopic.php?f=131&t=146096&p=1559651& ... e#p1559651

Though I'm not sure why you have that on the DS chainstay outer face.. It could be again for clearance between DS cahinstay and the chainring.

Nezz0r

by Nezz0r

mathemagician wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:42 pm
I have reached what we call in the construction i (......)
Nice bike *cheff's kiss*!

And @tanghy - as mentioned above, cup fitment is identical - just a difference in shell width.

velov

by velov

openwheelracing wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:50 am
Is this normal? I am in process of upgrading groupset and found this after removing crankset.
I have the exact same frame, just checked and there's no dent on the driveside chainstay as yours.

openwheelracing

by openwheelracing

velov wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:29 am
openwheelracing wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:50 am
I have the exact same frame, just checked and there's no dent on the driveside chainstay as yours.
Hmm, is your disc or rim?

velov

by velov

openwheelracing wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:10 am
Hmm, is your disc or rim?
Disc. I haven't built it up yet so can see that part of the frame clearly.

openwheelracing

by openwheelracing

My frame is the rim brake version and Time has already confirmed the indents are intentional for clearance. Many have PMed me as well.

It does makes sense your disc frame does not need such molding for clearance.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com