YOELEO H9 handlebars

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Discodan

by Discodan

Wind tunnel testing indicates wrapping the tops on aero bars gives a 0.7w penalty. For many people that penalty is easily worth it for comfort or grip, personally I leave them bare but mainly for aesthetics

Ravix

by Ravix

sqber wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:01 pm
Why buy aero handlebar and then tape the tops? :noidea:
Didn't buy it because it's aero... Also, like others said, I care more about comfort that point-whaterver lost watts and plenty of room to get fitter first :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ravix

by Ravix

double post

Dorpel

by Dorpel

Hi guys, any idea where to buy this?

elamenop1986

by elamenop1986

I had a set of these on my SL6 tarmac for about 6 months. Below are the issues i had.

-Initially i ordered H10 bars, but was sent H9 bars without telling me, this screwed up my reach by 1cm.
-The stem is so stiff that if you torque the bolts to 6NM it is still not enough clamping force to keep the stem attached to the steer tube. It will come loose over time.
-The bottom of the stem is not perfectly flat, so if you are not using the supplied spacers like i was, you will feel a slight rocking feeling when you push/pull on the bars
-The first time i tightened the stem bolts a piece of carbon chipped off the stem
Attachments
image_67149569.JPG

DaveS

by DaveS

The H10 bar shortage continues. I ordered an R12 frame with a 380 x 110 bar, but none are available. How bad would a round bar and stem look? I'd be running mine slamed. $215 for the H10 bar is a steal compared to my regular Easton EC90 bar and a 110 stem.

I'll be switching from force axs mechanical brake levers to hydro. Maybe I can reduce the stem length to 100mm?

charirider

by charirider

Thanks for the input.
WIll be stocking cash for Darimo Nexus, then
2018 Cannondale SuperSix EVO 2 rim size 56 (raw stripped) 6.9kg
2014 Bridgestone Anchor CX6 Equipe size 55 (cyclocross) 9.8kg

DaveS

by DaveS

I decided to get the available H9 V2 bars with my new R12 frame. Switching from sram axs mechanical levers to hydro adds about 5mm to the reach, so it may put you in between stem lengths. The bars worked out just fine. I had no clamping issues. I almost goofed though. The 40mm model is measured at the bar ends. It's 38mm where the brake levers mount. That's really what I wanted, not bars that are 36cm at the brake hoods.

My bike arrived only 9 days after placing my order, with no freight, tax or customs duties. Very impressed. The geometry is nearly identical to my cinelli superstar. I've only ridden it twice. No problems. I don't race so weight wasn't a major concern. With identical equipment, the bike is 140 grams heavier. The frame is 60 grams more at 1050. The bars/stem and seat post also add weight. The seat rail clamp was difficult to assemble, but seems to hold position solidly.

naavt

by naavt

Just reviving this thread to ask if someone ever tried to take Yoeleo stickers out of this handlebar.

wrtooo

by wrtooo

naavt wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:50 pm
Just reviving this thread to ask if someone ever tried to take Yoeleo stickers out of this handlebar.
Hi,
I have H9 v2 and yes it is possible to "Scrape" them off carefully. Ideally with a piece of plastic, I have used old credit card and it took me 15 minutes. I have put Canyon sticker there instead. 8)
Attachments
20230204_102141.jpg

hubba

by hubba

wrtooo wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:31 am
Hi,
I have H9 v2 and yes it is possible to "Scrape" them off carefully. Ideally with a piece of plastic, I have used old credit card and it took me 15 minutes. I have put Canyon sticker there instead. 8)
Did you get any spacer set for the canyon? I need a 1cm spacer under the H9 bars for my Canyon Endurace, did anyone order a spacer set for a Canyon bike, are any of the spacers for a 1-1/4" steerer?

They will have Giant OD2 spacer set available in little over a week that might fit.
A normal round spacer under the bars might look a bit funny.

wrtooo

by wrtooo

Hi,
I run it without any spacers just the dust cap. I think that the Giant spacer will not look nice as it is more bulky that the stem.
Last edited by wrtooo on Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

montee

by montee

Really poor service from Yoeleo - lots of time wasted with misleading info & poor follow-up comms on product availability, shipping times (& whether from Germany or China), etc. I won't have chance to find out if the bars are any good.
Last edited by montee on Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:49 am, edited 3 times in total.

montee

by montee

delete

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

naavt

by naavt

montee wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:41 am
Really poor service from Yoeleo - lots of time wasted with misleading info & poor follow-up comms on product availability, shipping times (& whether from Germany or China), etc. I won't have chance to find out if the bars are any good.
I have an R11 frame and two H10 handlebars. Bought those 2 separately and have to say that I've always had good feedback from them.

Had an issue with my frameset which they solved with no major issues.

Handlebars are great, even if they are a pain to put handlebar ends and tape. I suspect that di2 handlebar interface won't fit with handlebar tape.