Source for "unique" Saddle Bag

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ohjinguh9

by ohjinguh9

Cannoli wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:14 pm
I didn't take the seat flex into account, but that is very valid. I was planning on storing a Schawalbe Aerothan tube, a small tire lever, and a Bontrager Elite multi-tool, all very small items. Despite being able to fit in the space under the Selle Italia Boost Superflow (pretty big opening), the other factors raised here can't be ignored. Regarding the pump, I currently carry a Lezyne Carbon Drive pump in my jersey pocket, along with food and my phone. I suppose I could also carry a small pouch with the above as well.
i've been having the EXACT same dilemna, and will chime in that there is no ready made version of what you describe.
what is being lost in this conversation is that aerothan/tubolito tubes are roughly 1/3 of the size of a regular butyl inner tube, so a super thin conti tire level and a small multitool should be able to fit in this space when wrapped efficiently. i might still have my wife making something to this effect.

i ride a spesh power so i ended up compromising with a cheap amazon saddle/gopro mount for my rear light, with a speedsleev under. it's about as good as it gets for a discrete saddle bag, esp when you cover the speedsleev logo w/ black marker

otherwise, i have a rapha saddle on my gravel bike, and the rapha saddle bag fits really flush btw the rails, and its pretty discrete. it may do that for most saddles, as the rail shape/width should be pretty universal

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bmCube

by bmCube

Maybe a cyckit saddle bag will work?

ohjinguh9

by ohjinguh9

i personally find it bulky and ugly. no thanks

OnTheRivet

by OnTheRivet

Valbrona wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:57 pm
Tube, tyre levers, mini-pump and multi-tool.

If you can't fit the above into the pockets of your jersey you are carrying the wrong mini-pump and multi-tool.
Having jerseys pockets hang down your ass because you are carrying 5kgs of crap in them looks worse than any saddle bag ever could.

jlok

by jlok

Lezyne Pocket Drive and PBSwiss 470 multi tool are less than 200g combined. Add one Tubolito inner tube at 40g and maybe one more Dynaplug Racer at 24g....
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

ghostinthemachine

by ghostinthemachine

OnTheRivet wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:01 am
Having jerseys pockets hang down your ass because you are carrying 5kgs of crap in them looks worse than any saddle bag ever could.
Carry less crap, get a jersy that fits.

uraqt

by uraqt

I think everyone forget that if you live in the "right" place you can start your ride at 32 be at 70 in the middle and back down to cold at the end.. I know I have a few of those rides every year, also food and phone take a pocket each... so no matter how small your tool kit is there isn't really room in jeresy pockets for me.

Also while I don't really worry about the crashing with my phone in my pocket there is an xray posted here about how a pump increased the damange to a rider's back when he crashed. Cyling is risky enough at some of the speed I hit going down hill anything easy that could make it safer I'm going to try to do..

ddddd1

by ddddd1

https://www.bike24.com/p2472.html I've managed to squeeze this one between the rails (however I am not carrying tube and tyre levers, but a tubeless kit and multitool instead)
Enid: Scott Addict RC Ultimate Team Ed - 7.2 kg (in. pedals and bottle cages)

Tifosiphil

by Tifosiphil

What about the Wolftooth pump bag? https://saddleback.co.uk/products/wolf- ... -pump-bag

You may need a toe strap to take us the excess but the silicone straps should hold it under the saddle. I've just gone for a 76 Projects under the downtube on my gravel bike as the air is so turbulent down there I don't think it will be much of an aero loss https://www.76projects.com/shop/littlepiggy

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

Cannoli wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:42 pm
I'm thinking of a small nylon like bag that is "sausage" shaped (insert school boy snicker), for lack of a better term.
Just noticed that Canyon now has this saddle bag:
https://www.canyon.com/en-se/gear/acces ... 06560.html

Cannoli

by Cannoli

MayhemSWE wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:02 pm
Cannoli wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:42 pm
I'm thinking of a small nylon like bag that is "sausage" shaped (insert school boy snicker), for lack of a better term.
Just noticed that Canyon now has this saddle bag:
https://www.canyon.com/en-se/gear/acces ... 06560.html

Thank you! That's exactly what I had in mind! Proof that Canyon reads the forums! :mrgreen:
Canyon Aeroad CFR Di2 | Canyon Ultimate SLX 9.0 Di2 | Trek Domane SL5 Disc (Gravel Bike / Fly-Away Road Bike) | Orbea Tera H-30 Disc (Touring Bike)

Cannoli

by Cannoli

Not available in the US! Shipping from Europe is over $100 USD! for a $16 bag. Very disappointing... :(
Canyon Aeroad CFR Di2 | Canyon Ultimate SLX 9.0 Di2 | Trek Domane SL5 Disc (Gravel Bike / Fly-Away Road Bike) | Orbea Tera H-30 Disc (Touring Bike)

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

Cannoli wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:21 pm
Not available in the US! Shipping from Europe is over $100 USD! for a $16 bag. Very disappointing... :(
Certainly someone in Europe already ordering stuff from Canyon could act as a middle-man. I myself am thinking of ordering a handful of their new bottle cages for all my bikes in the near future as I really like them on my primary bike.

Cannoli

by Cannoli

MayhemSWE wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:25 pm
Cannoli wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:21 pm
Certainly someone in Europe already ordering stuff from Canyon could act as a middle-man. I myself am thinking of ordering a handful of their new bottle cages for all my bikes in the near future as I really like them on my primary bike.
Not a bad idea at all. I'm definitely interested in the prospect. :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MattMay

by MattMay

Confirming the $150 shipping to California…that is crazy. And there’s no real good way to contact Canyon. Their chat is a limited bot. But the bag looks perfect.