Source for "unique" Saddle Bag

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

DukeNiemand

by DukeNiemand

I had a similar dilemma - ended up switching to a Silca saddle bag that tucks up against the back of the saddle very tightly, and using a Raceware seatpost mount for the Varia. It looks like they make a version for the Aeroad: https://www.racewaredirect.co/shop/gopr ... -seatpost/

This allows you to have a nice clean mount that doesn't really on rubber bands to afix to the seatpost.

The only other option I can think of would be to switch to a Specialized saddle and get a SWAT mount which will hold the Varia further back and will allow the room for a normal small saddle bag.

groover08

by groover08

This is exactly how I have mine set up. I have a 3D printed Specialized SWAT-Garmin Varia mount, and a SpeedSleev Ranger saddle bag. It's a perfect, neat solution.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

smokva

by smokva

I had that Continental saddle bag that someone posted here. It can hold only one spare tube and two tire levers...thats it nothing more.
The problem I had with it is that it was easily damaged by protruding seat post screws, and this is the major problem that is going to happen with any saddle bag placed the way OP wants. Like someone has already mentioned saddles are very flexible so there will be a lot of movement and pressing on the saddle bag...kit won't last long and will probably damage tubes that are placed inside.

jayjay

by jayjay

Cannoli wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:21 pm
Not available in the US! Shipping from Europe is over $100 USD! for a $16 bag. Very disappointing... :(
Let me know if I can help out.
I could easily order a few and send them to the US.
Shipping from Germany would be about 20€ for a small box.

andreas

by andreas

Edit: didn't notice Canyon's own option had already been mentioned

MattMay

by MattMay

I just discovered these guys in AU. https://skingrowsback.com/collections/saddle-bags

Not cheap but the micro size is exactly what I want (10x8x6 cm or 4x3x2 in). Made to order but many color schemes and sizes.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

MayhemSWE wrote:
Cannoli wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:42 pm
I'm thinking of a small nylon like bag that is "sausage" shaped (insert school boy snicker), for lack of a better term.
Just noticed that Canyon now has this saddle bag:
https://www.canyon.com/en-se/gear/acces ... 06560.html

I bought this saddle bag. Everything I needed fitted (Tubolito, some hexkeys). Lost its all on the first ride. So I wouldn’t recommend it. Loosing a 30€ tube does suck.

MattMay

by MattMay

Ouch.

johnrho

by johnrho

robbosmans wrote:
MayhemSWE wrote:
Cannoli wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:42 pm
I'm thinking of a small nylon like bag that is "sausage" shaped (insert school boy snicker), for lack of a better term.
Just noticed that Canyon now has this saddle bag:
https://www.canyon.com/en-se/gear/acces ... 06560.html

I bought this saddle bag. Everything I needed fitted (Tubolito, some hexkeys). Lost its all on the first ride. So I wouldn’t recommend it. Loosing a 30€ tube does suck.
How did you lose it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnrho

by johnrho

Nevermind - do not buy the Canyon bag. I just tried to mount it under my saddle and the loops where the strap threads through just ripped. Now I know how you lost the bag lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Yup that’s probably how it happened.

pamoreira

by pamoreira

Mine has been going strong for about a year and a few thousand kms...

ms6073

by ms6073

I like it - nice, compact bag, but seems like retention would be better if a strap that looped over the top and bottom of the bag, and not just through the 'belt' loop on one the bottom.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"