The long and short of it! In search of the longest in the leg bib shorts

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
Italia

by Italia

So I'm in search of some new bib shorts and tired of throwing money away buying online. Unfortunately I don't have any good local bike shops that carry quality products so I'm forced to buy online or purchase while visiting a major city of which are off limits in these COVID times. That being said I went into my closet and started trying on my bib shorts to just to see how much difference there was in lengths from manufacturer to manufacturer. Here are some of my findings. The longest in the closet were my Rapha Pro long - Version 1 followed by my LeCol - Pro bib. Tied for Third and forth were Capo and Rapha Pro long - Version 11 (the newest) which both were 4.5cm shorter than Version 1. The shortest of shorts and my newly designated indoor trainer short (because I'm to embarrassed to be seen in public in them) were my Assos Campionissimo which came in at a whopping 6.5cm short of my longest and no longer made Rapha Pro - Version 1 : (

I'm awaiting a reply from Czech made Kalas (who's founder manufacturered for Assos before going out on his own) to see if they make a long version as they manufacturer for teams etc. and optimistically hope this will be my next purchase?

If your tall and over 6'1" I'd be interested to hear what your longest In the leg bib short is in the closet!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mogwaiboi

by mogwaiboi

I'm not particularly tall but I'll throw my opinion in! I recently got a pair of Endura Pro SL Bib Shorts. They are the standard version and I find them to sit just above the knee, but they make a 4cm longer version as well. I wore them for 7 hours on a gravel ride yesterday and my ass was still comfortable at the end of the day...the legs not so much.

My buddy is 6'2" and he wears Rapha Classic, they look like hotpants on him unfortunately :lol:

https://www.endurasport.com/Pro-SL-Bibs ... 4071-Black
Canyon Ultimate CF SL
Canyon Grizl CF SLX
Open U.P.

Tristan

by Tristan

We get our custom kit made by Cuore who do a +8cm version of their bib... I've got gangly long legs and they're fantastic.

Maybe reach out to your local Cuore agent and see what brands they're working with and who might be able to do a bib for you?
Wheelworks.co.nz
New Zealand handbuilt wheels

njleach

by njleach

Just received some bib shorts from La Passione and they are the longest in my cupboard by a mile. I'm 5'11 and they pretty much touch the top of my kneecap. I bought the Club Bib Shorts: https://www.lapassione.cc/collections/m ... horts-blue

naylor343

by naylor343

Our club kit is made by Gobik. Best shorts I've had for leg length. I am 5,11, the shorts are to the knee and stay where you want them with excellent grippers. Also the fit stays like this after extended use and washing. My oldest shorts are 2 seasons old and still stay in place. Other 'top' brands I have had started well, but the grippers and lycra in general do not keep the fit. Note if you try them, I take one size smaller in gobik than castelli.

dcorn

by dcorn

Pactimo bibs have a long version and they are long. Probably a full inch or two longer than my longest Assos bibshorts, including the S7 Equipe, S7 Equipe Evo, and the new RS Equipe. They are almost too long.

jfranci3

by jfranci3

Sportful SuperGiara makes a bib that's something closer to the Castelli Omloop, but in non-insulated. They've got a few versions... I think only the "Mid" is longer. They call it insulted, but it's not.
https://www.sportful.com/lt/supergiara- ... 00120P-242

IvanZg

by IvanZg

For me La Passione makes the perfect length of their bibs in size L (I’m 5'10" with inseam of 33") They reach just 1/2" above my knees. Unfortunately the fit does not work for me. Second best when it comes to length is Ale. They're shorter by 1-1 1/2".

Sanjuro

by Sanjuro

IvanZg wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:00 pm
For me La Passione makes the perfect length of their bibs in size L (I’m 5'10" with inseam of 33") They reach just 1/2" above my knees. Unfortunately the fit does not work for me. Second best when it comes to length is Ale. They're shorter by 1-1 1/2".
What happened for you with the fit? Wondering, because I usually take a L in bibs, but only because I'm taller at 6'.

IvanZg

by IvanZg

Sanjuro wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:30 pm
What happened for you with the fit? Wondering, because I usually take a L in bibs, but only because I'm taller at 6'.
They did not fit me well around the crotch area (had the same issue with Isadore bibs)

micky

by micky

naylor343 wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:57 pm
Our club kit is made by Gobik. Best shorts I've had for leg length. I am 5,11, the shorts are to the knee and stay where you want them with excellent grippers. Also the fit stays like this after extended use and washing. My oldest shorts are 2 seasons old and still stay in place. Other 'top' brands I have had started well, but the grippers and lycra in general do not keep the fit. Note if you try them, I take one size smaller in gobik than castelli.
+1 for Gobik, the longest ever.
Im 174 and used M to reach the correct lenght; just over the knee.

This past season used Giordana and the difference in size is just 1 cm shofter but quality is a tad higher.

Italia

by Italia

Tristan wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:18 am
We get our custom kit made by Cuore who do a +8cm version of their bib... I've got gangly long legs and they're fantastic.

Maybe reach out to your local Cuore agent and see what brands they're working with and who might be able to do a bib for you?
Thanks for that! I've checked out there website and product looks good. I've reached out to the manufacturer to see if they can make a long version. Will report findings!

Zero7

by Zero7

My Sportful Total Comfort bib shorts are the longest in the leg of any bibs I have owned

Italia

by Italia

naylor343 wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:57 pm
Appreciate the feedback. Nice to know it's a quality product. Will check them out!

Italia

by Italia

Quick update!

I've checked out the Icon model made by https://katusha-sports.com/ and there company is under new ownership and not taking orders at this time due to restructuring : ( Another interesting brand that I think I will give a try is www.kalas.cc who make a long version!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com