The long and short of it! In search of the longest in the leg bib shorts

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
Italia

by Italia

Zero7 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:13 am
My Sportful Total Comfort bib shorts are the longest in the leg of any bibs I have owned
Good to know! How tall are you and inseam length?

smokva

by smokva

Assos is known to be very short, but every now and than they make designated model for long legged people. The last which I remember was "T FI MILLE S5 BIB SHORTS (LONG LEG)". Usually I wear assos XL in mille or XLG in racing cuts, but these long leg ones in XLG were over my knees :) A friend of mine that is 2m tall is very happy with them.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

IvanZg wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:46 pm
Sanjuro wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:30 pm
What happened for you with the fit? Wondering, because I usually take a L in bibs, but only because I'm taller at 6'.
They did not fit me well around the crotch area (had the same issue with Isadore bibs)
Were they too loose? Just from your measurements I would have gone for at least a Medium, the Large sounds too big. I'm 6'3" with a 33-34" waist and the M from them fit me very well.

Pactimo have a nice long bib but have been hit or miss for me. Their Summit Raptor (green chamois) was too soft and squishy (no support) and one of the worst bibs I have worn. Their Summit Strike (purple chamois) have been great though so far over the first few months.

I have a pair of Sportful (unsure of model) that are very comfortable, but nott super long. My favorite bibs are the Specialized SL but my only gripe is they too aren't super long.
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

Devon

by Devon

Rides of Japan has a good video about this topic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rozzz_eSq5w

In my own experience, I've found that most of the Australian brands (Attaquer, MAAP, Pedal Mafia) seem to offer extra long legs (and sleeves, for that matter) as standard. I'm 6'6, 78kg and wear a large in Attaquer, which sit comfortably about 2-3 inches from the top of my knee.
Last edited by Devon on Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Devon

by Devon

[accidental double post]
Last edited by Devon on Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

izzo

by izzo

I cant say for your places, but here when I made inquiries for my company to make bike jersey+bib sets for company team I got like 5 or 6 offers in 3 days for the jerseys and bibs in any sorts and kinds of sizes, lengts of sleeves, bibs, materials, underfoams, belt diameters, colours, logos, decals, etc....and the amount they started making them was ussualy just 2 or 3.

IvanZg

by IvanZg

LanceLegstrong wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:44 am
Were they too loose? Just from your measurements I would have gone for at least a Medium, the Large sounds too big. I'm 6'3" with a 33-34" waist and the M from them fit me very well.

Pactimo have a nice long bib but have been hit or miss for me. Their Summit Raptor (green chamois) was too soft and squishy (no support) and one of the worst bibs I have worn. Their Summit Strike (purple chamois) have been great though so far over the first few months.

I have a pair of Sportful (unsure of model) that are very comfortable, but nott super long. My favorite bibs are the Specialized SL but my only gripe is they too aren't super long.
Not sure what was the exact issue but I did order S,M,L and returned all of them (model is PSN bib). I had some issue with their sizing when ordering jersey. Same model in same size (different colours) did not fit in the same way. So might be something with their production tolerance that caused me not to get on with the bibs.

Sanjuro

by Sanjuro

LanceLegstrong wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:44 am
I would have gone for at least a Medium, the Large sounds too big. I'm 6'3" with a 33-34" waist and the M from them fit me very well.
Good to know! Being taller, but leaner is always a tough call for cycling bib sizes. Usually have to go L due to the shoulder straps, but then often the leg compression is too loose. You're taller than me but a M bib short fit you, so it would surely fit me. These could possibly be the holy grail of bib shorts for me if they're also a bit longer in leg length.

Italia

by Italia

Tristan wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:18 am
We get our custom kit made by Cuore who do a +8cm version of their bib... I've got gangly long legs and they're fantastic.

Maybe reach out to your local Cuore agent and see what brands they're working with and who might be able to do a bib for you?
Thank you for the advice! After lots of searching I'm in the process of order a couple of pairs of the Cuore Gold Line version in Large with +4 leg. Sounds like we could be similar in build? What size + leg did you go with? Customer service was very helpful as they have someone in USA helping me get order shipped to Canada. I've also ordered a set of La Passione Cycling Couture Prestige line and will report on sizing. Very excited on the Cuore line! Appreciate the lead!

kevintc

by kevintc

Honestly I've been looking for the opposite of most of you it seems! It seems like several of you have said Assos is short-ish, maybe I should try that. Any others?

Italia

by Italia

Just received my La Passione Cycling Couture Prestige line order and they are longer than my Rapha Pro Bib Long by 2 ". Very nice quality with comfortable strap and quality pad. Would highly recommend and on sale for $45. Less than I just paid : (

https://us.lapassione.cc/collections/me ... bib-shorts

mogwaiboi

by mogwaiboi

Italia wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:47 am
Just received my La Passione Cycling Couture Prestige line order and they are longer than my Rapha Pro Bib Long by 2 ". Very nice quality with comfortable strap and quality pad. Would highly recommend and on sale for $45. Less than I just paid : (

https://us.lapassione.cc/collections/me ... bib-shorts
I just ordered a pair of these, looking forward to trying them out as they look like a quality item!
I think you can't go too wrong with a bib that has one of the high end Elastic Interface pads, I'm going to stick with them as my most comfortable bib so far is by Pedla with the EI pad. Luckily La Passione are around 2/3 of the price :D
Canyon Ultimate CF SL
Canyon Grizl CF SLX
Open U.P.

Pabloldv

by Pabloldv

micky wrote:
naylor343 wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:57 pm
Our club kit is made by Gobik. Best shorts I've had for leg length. I am 5,11, the shorts are to the knee and stay where you want them with excellent grippers. Also the fit stays like this after extended use and washing. My oldest shorts are 2 seasons old and still stay in place. Other 'top' brands I have had started well, but the grippers and lycra in general do not keep the fit. Note if you try them, I take one size smaller in gobik than castelli.
+1 for Gobik, the longest ever.
Im 174 and used M to reach the correct lenght; just over the knee.

This past season used Giordana and the difference in size is just 1 cm shofter but quality is a tad higher.
+2 for Gobik
Bought a Rapha Pro Team Flyweight in normal lenght and I couldnt wear it because it was too short for me. Gobik is spot on

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Will Second the Cuore gear

Hey there, just remember, we’re never going to give you up. Never going to let you down.
Using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Lucendi

by Lucendi

I'm 6' 2 / 187 cm and I use the Eroe bib shorts (extra long);

https://en.eroe.cc/worlds-best-bib-shorts-man

Pretty good quality and thick comfy padding.