The long and short of it! In search of the longest in the leg bib shorts

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

Italia wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:32 am
Just received my Cuore cycling bib shorts and all I can say is why did I ever waste so much money trying to find the perfect long in the leg bib short when all I had to do was order a custom pair?
Huh, that sounds perfect.

Checks price

Oh, that's why I haven't done this.
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

Italia

by Italia

garbageman wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:23 am
Italia wrote:
Great pad and cost was reasonable if not cheap compared to other vendors.
How much did they actually cost? The linked page shows 305 USD/pair if you order less than 5 pairs - doesn't seem reasonable nor cheap to me even compared to Rapha et al.
I paid $235. CAD per pair which equates to $187.72 USD. As mentioned I went straight black and ordered two pair which I'm sure helped keep cost down. Compare that to $229. USD for a pair of La Passione Prestiage line that I ordered and were still on the short end of the stick I'd say the price is more than fair for a tailor fit cut!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Italia

by Italia

LanceLegstrong wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:33 pm
Italia wrote:
Just received my Cuore cycling bib shorts and all I can say is why did I ever waste so much money trying to find the perfect long in the leg bib short when all I had to do was order a custom pair?
Huh, that sounds perfect.

Checks price

Oh, that's why I haven't done this.
I'd recommend reaching out to the Vendor as per my price paid in above reply. You might be pleasantly surprised! There's no Brinks truck behind the hearse ; )

mogwaiboi

by mogwaiboi

fanatic278 wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:27 am
Endura extra long fit my legs perfectly. Great quality. Unfortunately the latest design pinches me around my belly button - the cut at the front is quite low and coincides with where my flab folds (not that I'm fat).

I've just bought a pair of Pedal Mafia PMCC and they fit really well. Not quite as long as the Endura extra long, maybe 15mm shorter. But the longest of the regular fit bibs I've found. Also relatively cheap compared to Endura, although not in the same league for material quality.

(189cm and 78kg for reference)
Totally agree, the Endura are quite good apart from being cut too low at the front!

My experience so far would rank bibs from best to worst:

Pedla
Giordana FR-C
La Passione Prestige
Endura
Eroe

I got a pair of Eroe last month. The overall quality is really good, nice soft lycra without any compression but the pad for me is terrible.
I have short legs but ordered the longer version - I'm glad I did as they are still not super long. I don't like the hot pants look!
Last edited by mogwaiboi on Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Canyon Ultimate CF SL
Canyon Grizl CF SLX
Open U.P.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

I have just got the Endura Pro SL Long version. They are the longest pair of bibs I have ever tried. I weigh 59kg and measure 184cm. The size small fits perfect. They are very stretchy so I am able to decide where I want them to end.

I have not ridden in them so I can’t speak about the pad yet, but so far so good.

Giordana FRC is an excellent bib, unfortunately not long enough for me.
Giordana NXG (I wear M) on the other hand is excellent. Good leg length and very nice pad and overall fit.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Reviving this thread to see if anyone has any experiences with the Kalas bibshorts? They do a long option in their Passion Z1 range. Looking to buy these but haven’t found any reviews

Nezz0r

by Nezz0r

robbosmans wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:41 pm
Reviving this thread to see if anyone has any experiences with the Kalas bibshorts? They do a long option in their Passion Z1 range. Looking to buy these but haven’t found any reviews

I've got 2 club bibs from Kalas. I have them in size 2+, so I can have a small size with the right leg length (for reference;2+ is according to sizing table for the same height as the normal size 5).

2 different pads (my experiment): the endurance 3D and the zoom pad. I like the zoom pad better, stitching in the endurance 3D is an acquired taste as there are many happy users in the club. But both perfectly okay for my use (2-5hr rides).

The more recent example has a more upscale shoulder straps section and some new branding touches. I can recommend them without hesitation.

It is and elite model and looks really close to this one: https://www.kalas.cc/det/gbct-z-bib-sho ... 26&lang=EN

But they don't show the extra length 'plus size' options.

Tldr
I have 2, I like the fit (size 2+ for 1.80m, ~66Kg & lanky). Finish is good and the price is not too bad either.
Last edited by Nezz0r on Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

That’s great to hear, might pick some up then

Torbjorn

by Torbjorn

Italia wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:58 am
I'd recommend reaching out to the Vendor as per my price paid in above reply. You might be pleasantly surprised! There's no Brinks truck behind the hearse ; )
I have both LaPassione and Gobik, and while they are better than others, they are still too short. So Cuore's +8cm leg length is very intriguing to me; however, CyclingTips says that since they don't have a leg gripper, they don't hold their position as well as others:

"The lack of a traditional leg gripper may prove a deal-breaker for some, and certainly doesn’t help to lock warmers in place. And while I didn’t suffer such issues, Andy did note some slight creeping mid-ride. More importantly, though, that lack of a leg gripper relies entirely on the health of the laser cut compression band, and it won’t improve with age."

So, Italia, in your case, how is the fit of those Cuore shorts after some time?

velov

by velov

I ordered a pair of Bont branded Cuore bibs when I bought my Vaypor's. I believe it's the Silver line and leg lenth is +2cm, the chamois is the same as the Gold model but my pair does have the silicone leg grippers. Pleasantly surprised at how good these are, I've put them in regular rotation with my Q36.5 bibs which cost twice as much.

MrB123

by MrB123

Pactimo for me.

The Summit Raptors in long leg fit down to just above the knee on me at 6'4", size medium.

by 208

I use Rosti, which have tall/long sizes. They're super long. Using small/long, I'm 190cm tall 92cm inseam and they just about reach behind the back of my knee. Comfy pad, too.

Torbjorn

by Torbjorn

Thanks, 208, would you mind linking to the ones which have the long sizes? I went to their site but only see normal sizing (S, M, L, XL, etc).

by 208

Torbjorn wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:05 pm
Thanks, 208, would you mind linking to the ones which have the long sizes? I went to their site but only see normal sizing (S, M, L, XL, etc).
hm I can't find them on their site now either. maybe they don't offer them anymore, i'm not sure, sorry mate.

naylor343

by naylor343

Tried the Gobik revolution bibs this week, they are 2cm longer than all their other models, which are already long. I'm 5,10 178cm and the revolutions had the leg gripper sitting on the centre of my knee caps.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com