Bib Shorts with Higher Density Pad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

musiclover

by musiclover

I got Ale Agonista. Good quality, designed for hot weather. In full correspondance with modern trends, they are long, which I do not mind. Nice supportive feeling around the top joints above the knee.

The bib looks and feels exactly the same as ASSOS TS Equipe.

Fit: 187 cms, 79 Kgs, 98 cms hips XL fits fine.
I have retired from this forum, not wasting any more time here.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Hellgate

by Hellgate

I picked up a pair of Ostroy bibs on a Black Friday sale. I've not worn them yet, but they have a thick, multi-density pad that appears to be comfortable. This afternoon they get a test run.

https://ostroy.com/collections/ostroy-m ... ycomb-bibs

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

musiclover wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:33 am
AJS914 wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:02 am
Mr.Gib wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:28 pm
The latest Mille from Assos, that "Mille GTS", has a pad that is very thick (15mm) and dense.
I have both a GTO and a GTS short. I love the pad. I can't ride any of my old shorts including my 2 year Assos bibs. The pads on those feel so minimal now. :-)
There have been allegations that Mille GTs have a pad that is placed at the very back for a very upright position and that in aero position you have no pad underneath you, as well as that it is too thick. I wonder if it is true.
Sorry for the slow reply, but yes the GTS pad is too far back for any riding postion. The old Cento had no such problem. I think Assos has gone a bit too far with the GTS. It's not a deal breaker for me as when I am full aero my saddle provides well distributed support and I don't experience any uncomfortable pressure. But you definitely notice that there is no padding toward the front of the taint. Even sitting upright, there is too much pad sticking out the back. Still overall a short that I can ride all day without issues.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.