Bib Shorts with Higher Density Pad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Hexsense wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:58 pm
Still haven't got a chance to try SQlab 4mm thin and firm bib short.
https://www.sq-lab.com/en/products/clot ... one12.html
Anyone tried it yet.
Yes i use them all the time. I hate thick padded chamois. I think if you have the best suited saddle for you, you are better off with something like SQ Labs.
Otherwise i have used Castelli and Sportful. But they're to fat and i think they interact badly with the saddle.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

viragevitesse

by viragevitesse

Hexsense wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:58 pm
Still haven't got a chance to try SQlab 4mm thin and firm bib short.
https://www.sq-lab.com/en/products/clot ... one12.html
Anyone tried it yet.
I have had these for a couple of months. I was a bit wary at first about going with such a thin pad, and whether to trust SQlabs claims, but they have been great. Don't pay any attention to them whatsoever when riding and racing, and thats MTB racing where you normally take a fair beating in the choad area. (Or is it chode? Not sure).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DeLuz

by DeLuz

I have been using the Pactimo Summit Stratos "12-Hour" Bibs for a few months now.
The materials and fit are super good. The pad is really thick and I would say medium density so maybe not ideal but still ok.
I am tempted to try something a with a thinner pad like the Sq-lab.

DeLuz

by DeLuz

Mocs123 wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:50 am
I do like bibs with a high density pad and I've found La Passione Minamalist and PSN bibs have a dense chamios as well as LeCol Pro Bib Shorts all have a 200 g/sqm pad which are firmer than most chamios which use 120 g/sqm pads.

I have the Pactimo 12 hour bib and am not super impressed with the chamios. It's thick but not super dense and I find it more of a 2-3 hour bib.
Where do you find the info on 200 g/sqm pad? I could not find that on La Passione or LeCol web site?
LeCol are much more expensive than La Passione, what is the reason?

Mocs123

by Mocs123

DeLuz wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:56 pm
Mocs123 wrote:
I do like bibs with a high density pad and I've found La Passione Minamalist and PSN bibs have a dense chamios as well as LeCol Pro Bib Shorts all have a 200 g/sqm pad which are firmer than most chamios which use 120 g/sqm pads.

I have the Pactimo 12 hour bib and am not super impressed with the chamios. It's thick but not super dense and I find it more of a 2-3 hour bib.
Where do you find the info on 200 g/sqm pad? I could not find that on La Passione or LeCol web site?
I think I first heard they were 200g/sqm on this forum somewhere but I can confim the hang tags of the La Passione PSN and Minamilst bibs both state 200 kg/m3.
2015 Wilier Zero.7 Rim - 6.37kg
2020 Trek Emonda SLR-7 Disc - 6.86kg
2023 Specialized SL7 - 7.18kg

Orbital

by Orbital

La Passione has 35% off bibs at the moment.

stickybidon

by stickybidon

The best plush pads for me are Pedla, Giordana FR-C Pro and La Passione PSN / Prestige (same pad). As Orbital states with their sale the PSN bib is $140 AUD, I can't see any other bib coming close for that price!
Canyon Ultimate CF SL - Ultegra Di2 R8050 - HED Belgium + / WI T11
Focus Cayo - Ultegra 6800 / R8000 - DT Swiss PR 1600 Spline
Giant TCX Advanced Pro 2 - GRX - Farsports Kaze 35 / DT350
Bowman Palace:R - 105 R7000- Hunt 4 Season Aero

DeLuz

by DeLuz

Mocs123 wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:38 pm
DeLuz wrote:
Mocs123 wrote:

I think I first heard they were 200g/sqm on this forum somewhere but I can confim the hang tags of the La Passione PSN and Minamilst bibs both state 200 kg/m3.
Thanks for info. I think I will order the La Passione PSN. According to the calculator on their web site I am XS, but thinking I should also order S and keep the one that fits best. How did you find the sizing?

stickybidon

by stickybidon

DeLuz wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:08 am
Mocs123 wrote:
DeLuz wrote:
Mocs123 wrote:

Thanks for info. I think I will order the La Passione PSN. According to the calculator on their web site I am XS, but thinking I should also order S and keep the one that fits best. How did you find the sizing?
I would personally go with the size they recommend. They advised an M for me, but I ordered an L thinking that the M would be too small and it was too big. The M is not particularly tight either. I'm 172cm and around 74kg.

But as you say you can always order both. If you use Paypal, they charged me $17 AUD to return the size I didn't need but Paypal refunded me that as return postage.

Mocs123

by Mocs123

DeLuz wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:08 am
Mocs123 wrote:
DeLuz wrote:
Mocs123 wrote:

I found sizing on the bibs to be pretty well spot on and inline with other brands I've used. On the jersey's I have had to size up from my normal size.

DeLuz

by DeLuz

Decided to order both XS and S since people in some reviews with similar height / weight found both to work.
Will report back once I receive them.

Thanks again.

Alexandrumarian

by Alexandrumarian

Elastic interface, don't they supply both assos and q36.5? The bibs I have from these two feel similar: pretty thick and medium density. To be honest I am the small camp that prefers the Castelli x2 pad overall. A bit thinner and softer. The thick ones bunch in my junk when I get low and aero...

Mocs123

by Mocs123

Elastic Interface supply pads for a lot of brands including Assos, La Passione, Gore, Pactimo, and a whole bunch of other brands, but they have a lot of differnt chamios and just because it has an EI chamios doesn't really mean anything. My favorite set of bibs has a EI chamios and my least favorite set of bibs has a EI chamois and the two chamios are nothing alike other than the logo stamped into them.

Our new club kit that's on order has a EI Chamios as well (Ascend Sportwear), whether or not it will be one I like is anyones guess.

stickybidon

by stickybidon

Mocs123 wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:45 pm
Elastic Interface supply pads for a lot of brands including Assos, La Passione, Gore, Pactimo, and a whole bunch of other brands, but they have a lot of differnt chamios and just because it has an EI chamios doesn't really mean anything. My favorite set of bibs has a EI chamios and my least favorite set of bibs has a EI chamois and the two chamios are nothing alike other than the logo stamped into them.

Our new club kit that's on order has a EI Chamios as well (Ascend Sportwear), whether or not it will be one I like is anyones guess.
Totally agree. I purchased some Eroe bibs with an EI pad and I couldn't even wear them for an hour. The pad was absolutley terrible for me.

TribesMan

by TribesMan

If you are looking for high density pad, I think that you should look at DHB Aeron bib shorts that you can buy at Wiggle.
Those have by far densest pad I have ever tried. Much denser than anything from LaPassione.
This pad is also made by Elastic Interface, and it is called "Paris HP".

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com