Bib Shorts with Higher Density Pad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Alex222

by Alex222

Never had any such issue with my 3 pairs of La Passione bibs.
With regards to next sale, probably another 3 to 6 months I'd guess.

mogwaiboi

by mogwaiboi

Schadenfreude wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:38 am
TribesMan wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:27 am
If you are looking for high density pad, I think that you should look at DHB Aeron bib shorts that you can buy at Wiggle.
Those have by far densest pad I have ever tried. Much denser than anything from LaPassione.
This pad is also made by Elastic Interface, and it is called "Paris HP".
I had a 40km ride on a new bib short this morning made by a local group called Society Cycling. New company, very small, marketed as affordable cycling apparel. The shorts have an Elastic Interface pad and it looks like the Paris HP pad. It seemed really good - I could varely feel the saddle at all. Occasionally, it started to felt a bit firm, but I find I have to get out of the saddle periodically to get the blood flow going. The pad is quite thick, which may not be to everyone's taste. It's firm-ish, but with a bit of give. I generally like to give it a few weeks before I make a decision on whether I like the pad or not. The shorts cost AUD$90, which is very reasonable.
Thanks for the heads up on Society Cycling! I just ordered a pair of the season 2 bibs, looking forward to trying them out :D
Canyon Ultimate CF SL
Canyon Grizl CF SLX
Open U.P.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AJS914

by AJS914

Mr.Gib wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:28 pm
The latest Mille from Assos, that "Mille GTS", has a pad that is very thick (15mm) and dense.
I have both a GTO and a GTS short. I love the pad. I can't ride any of my old shorts including my 2 year Assos bibs. The pads on those feel so minimal now.

AJS914

by AJS914

Mr.Gib wrote:
The latest Mille from Assos, that "Mille GTS", has a pad that is very thick (15mm) and dense.
I have both a GTO and a GTS short. I love the pad. I can't ride any of my old shorts including my 2 year Assos bibs. The pads on those feel so minimal now. :-)

musiclover

by musiclover

Anyone tried Sqlab ONE12?
I have retired from this forum, not wasting any more time here.

musiclover

by musiclover

AJS914 wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:02 am
Mr.Gib wrote:
I have both a GTO and a GTS short. I love the pad. I can't ride any of my old shorts including my 2 year Assos bibs. The pads on those feel so minimal now. :-)
There have been allegations that Mille GTs have a pad that is placed at the very back for a very upright position and that in aero position you have no pad underneath you, as well as that it is too thick. I wonder if it is true.

CyclingGiraffe

by CyclingGiraffe

AJS914 wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:02 am
Mr.Gib wrote:
How similar are the shorts and the pad between the GTO and the GTS? He price delta is huge, but is the difference more in the short or the chamois?

musiclover

by musiclover

By the way... The rubber Assos writing on Assos shorts is terrible - comes off in pieces after a few washes.

AJS914

by AJS914

CyclingGiraffe wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:50 am
How similar are the shorts and the pad between the GTO and the GTS? He price delta is huge, but is the difference more in the short or the chamois?
It's a little bit of everything - better leg grippers, slightly thicker material, gold accents, fancy fabric texture, rollBAr, more bling overall, etc. I'd usual never pay $350 for bibs but they came to me on a deal. I'm enjoying them. Normally I don't go for bling or gold accents (subtle). The pad is awesome and I really like the leg grippers. I really wish I had got the +3cm long option but I didn't have the choice.

For the money I like the GTS better. I also don't care for rollBar (straps extend down in the back). If you have the cash for bibs though and like gold accents and fancy texture fabric then you'll love the GTO.

There have been allegations that Mille GTs have a pad that is placed at the very back for a very upright position and that in aero position you have no pad underneath you, as well as that it is too thick. I wonder if it is true.
I know that the GTO are decendents from the Cento line - thicker pad for all day in the saddle comfort - more long distance oriented rather than crit racer.

In practice I don't notice much difference. My GTO/GTS pads are my most comfortable hands down. I also have a new set of Mille GT Fall/Spring Knickers to compare and older, 2 years old, Mille GT, and Equipe RS bibs. The pads on the 2 year bibs feel so thin compared to the new GTO/GTS. I don't think it's that they are super compressed or anything but that they were never as plush.

Don't get me wrong, I'd take any Assos bib over any other bib at this point. The dual channel pad really works for me and I haven't seen any other shorts that have that dual channel type pad.

musiclover

by musiclover

Was deciding between Ale PRS Master 2.0, La Passione Prestige Light and SQLab... Decided to get La Passione, Ale's value was significantly better though. But someone complained Ale were for shorter bodies (short straps).

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

musiclover wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:21 am
Was deciding between Ale PRS Master 2.0, La Passione Prestige Light and SQLab... Decided to get La Passione, Ale's value was significantly better though. But someone complained Ale were for shorter bodies (short straps).
I assume your refer to these ones?
https://www.lapassione.cc/products/pres ... 2759471173

Are those the best bibs from La Passione for long rides? Assuming it is identical to LeCol Horse bibs

Anyone know sizing of La Passione? I currently run size Large from Craft, Gore C3 and a cheaper pair of DHB (wiggle). 177cm ~ 82-84kg. I am temped to try M only if they are similar to other brands. LeCol is very tight.

Pretty good pricing at La Passione, 200 euro ish for two pairs with blackfriday promo applied

dialtone

by dialtone

I'm a bit heavier and 5cm shorter and was XL for me. I suggest you measure yourself up, i found the site fitting tool to be spot on, the gear I bought from them looks incredible and fits like a glove.

musiclover

by musiclover

Sizing wise I am 187cms 79 kgs, 100 cms chest, 82 cms waist, around 100 cms hips. I got L. I have given it much thought, read all the reviews I could find and decided to cancel the order and go with Ale :-) With Ale, however, I am getting XL.

What's the difference between double ergo and 8h chamios? Look identical and description is similar.

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

The 8h and the Double Ergo are very close and if I buy Ale its got to be one of those two. Personally I prefer the Lapassione EI pads.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

Twinbeard

by Twinbeard

Hi guys. First post here, just thought I'd post a comment regarding fit and sizing for La Passione. I've been road cycling on and off for some years but have this year managed to bike consistently from July (apprx. 40 workouts thus far this year) and also going into winter time here in Sweden, as I bought a Wahoo Kickr Core and started Zwifting. Unfortunately I have severe pain in the rear area to be diplomatic. I've gone through seven saddles since July (!), changed position and so on but so far, nothing's worked. The pain sets in already after 20 km, is annoying at 30 and painful after 40, and I want to be able to go longer without having these issues, especially since my cardio and muscles work fine. I survived the Swedish 300 km race "Vätternrundan" in 2006, something which seems completely impossible with my setup and butt pain now. I also have lots of numbness in my hands, and will most likely try another bike fit come spring, since I'm getting desperate.

Since there are a lot of parameters involved in cycling, I wanted to eliminate the issue of my bibs possibly not being up to the task. After reading up a bit, I ordered La Passione's PSN bibs recently (grey was 30 % off). Sadly, they were too large, so I'll have to return them and get one size smaller instead.

I'm just shy of 6 feet (182 cm) and weigh 200 pounds (91 kg). Since LP say their clothes are generally one size smaller than normal fitting, I ended up with the suggestion of XXL. Normally I buy some clothes here in L and some in XL, so albeit XXL felt large, "one size larger than I normally wear" sounded reasonable.

For me, the legs end just above the knee cap, so they're about 3-5 cm (apprx. 1,5 inches) too long. The bib rubs against the tendon at the back and also grinds against the back side of the leg in a bad way when simulating a pedal stroke. Fitting otherwise is ok, but the model is overall possibly a tad too large. Since the material is also very flexible and I'm losing weight slowly but steadily, I think I'll try the XL instead, even with the hassle of returning the product.

I'm larger than the average cyclist (but not larger than some), but the main Issue I think is that I and the calculator focused too much on my chest and waist measurements instead of my length and weight. Chest is currently 110 and waist 99 cm. There's always the risk of a bad fit when ordering clothes online, and I don't blame La Passione. Maybe, just maybe they could include something in the line of "Put more focus on length and weight than chest and waist", but it's difficult to cater to everyone.

In any case and in other words: if you're on the more muscular side and/or have a hefty build, consider leg length being an issue when ordering La Passione bibs.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com