Cervelo S5 vs 3T Strada?? The Strada was Chosen

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jlok

by jlok

Is the Ready to Paint edition the lightest?
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gSporco

by gSporco

txomin wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:49 pm
Any weight penalty gray against black stealth one? This last pure carbon with a thin paint layer or .....?? Which colour do you prefer guys??
I want to say Vroomen posted im his 3t blog that the RTP is about 150g lighter, the black is a little heavier then the Red, blue and grey are all about the same
@gSporco - Instagram
Specialized Aethos
State All Road 6061
Retired Cervelo Aspero

takolino

by takolino

My medium RTP weighed 940g with derailleur hanger.

azaggie

by azaggie

Gray is like 1,000g. For an aero build I didn't sweat the 50 grams as I liked the look

CoolUsername

by CoolUsername

I'm pretty keen to build up a Strada and was hoping folks that own one could comment on tire clearance? Conti 5000 on my wheels measure a hair under 29 mm, would I have adequate clearance? I've also heard about issues with the seatpost, could anyone comment on that? Thanks guys

Keykey1985

by Keykey1985

My tyres measure just over 30mm and I have just over 2mm clearance on the fork legs and chain stay. I have about 4-5mm on seat stay, seat post and fork crown.

The seat clamp has been awkward for me, it had a tenancy to slip and make the saddle point down. I weigh 80kg, have the saddle a little forward and like to get on the nose of the saddle when in putting some effort in. I've put some stress on it but no more than any other bike I've owned. I've since moved the saddle back so my weight is over the centre of the clamp and it's been fine since.

Over than that it really is a great bike, super fast, comfy and quite light.

CoolUsername

by CoolUsername

Keykey1985 wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:41 pm
My tyres measure just over 30mm and I have just over 2mm clearance on the fork legs and chain stay. I have about 4-5mm on seat stay, seat post and fork crown.

The seat clamp has been awkward for me, it had a tenancy to slip and make the saddle point down. I weigh 80kg, have the saddle a little forward and like to get on the nose of the saddle when in putting some effort in. I've put some stress on it but no more than any other bike I've owned. I've since moved the saddle back so my weight is over the centre of the clamp and it's been fine since.

Thanks for your reply, I quite like your build by the way. Looks awesome with the gold chain/pedals and all.

ChiZ01

by ChiZ01

Keykey1985 wrote:
1 bolt seat clamp design is the worst, never had any issue with 2 bolts front and back

gSporco

by gSporco

CoolUsername wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:22 pm
I'm pretty keen to build up a Strada and was hoping folks that own one could comment on tire clearance? Conti 5000 on my wheels measure a hair under 29 mm, would I have adequate clearance? I've also heard about issues with the seatpost, could anyone comment on that? Thanks guys
Just measured my frame Chainstays and fork widths.. Chainstay width is 34mm, Seatstays are 43mm.. Fork is 34.5mm. With the Fork you will run out of room height wise before width, unless your tires are really squared off.

For shits, I dry fitted my Easton EC90SL wheels 19mm Internal width, with 32mm Gravelking slicks, on the front and back. The front clears with about a mil to spare on the chainstays.. but the fork bottomed out on the wheel depth.. I would never ride it this way, was just checking before I pop on my 25c Hutch Fusions..
@gSporco - Instagram
Specialized Aethos
State All Road 6061
Retired Cervelo Aspero

Keykey1985

by Keykey1985

CoolUsername wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:21 pm
Keykey1985 wrote:

Thanks for your reply, I quite like your build by the way. Looks awesome with the gold chain/pedals and all.
Cheers! The pedals were standard with upgraded titanium spindles and plates off AliExpress, they now weigh 68 grand pretty pedal with a 66mm spindle.

Should have mentioned that my rims have a 23mm internal width so my tyres run quite wide without getting much hight.

CoolUsername

by CoolUsername

gSporco wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:45 pm
CoolUsername wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:22 pm
Just measured my frame Chainstays and fork widths.. Chainstay width is 34mm, Seatstays are 43mm.. Fork is 34.5mm. With the Fork you will run out of room height wise before width, unless your tires are really squared off.

For shits, I dry fitted my Easton EC90SL wheels 19mm Internal width, with 32mm Gravelking slicks, on the front and back. The front clears with about a mil to spare on the chainstays.. but the fork bottomed out on the wheel depth.. I would never ride it this way, was just checking before I pop on my 25c Hutch Fusions..
Awesome, sounds like there would definitely be adequate clearance for my current tire/wheel setup. Thanks guys

SandwichNP

by SandwichNP

Is this the central 3T strada thread now? Looking for advice on tires. Seem to be striking out with any 28mm tubeless tires anywhere and am now considering latex tubes and regular tires or maybe schwalbes? Any advice appreciated.