Anyone used Slane Cyles recently for a big purchase?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

flashmatt

by flashmatt

As per the the title thread Im thinking of buying a Campag groupset from these chaps. They seem very friendly etc but I just thought it would be worth a quick question here for extra peace of mind. Can anyone relay any recent experience? Thanks

dolophonic

by dolophonic

ibougt some bibs . was good service and genuine product.. reccomended.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gerryc89

by gerryc89

They are great and very reputable. I have bought tonnes from them

UltraMaraFun

by UltraMaraFun

As per above, purchased a Direct Drive Turbo from them a couple of years ago, there was a bit of an issue, and they sorted it over the phone
with no problems striaght away.
Bikes:
2020 SystemSIX Hi-Mod - Dura-Ace Di2 12 Speed
2021 Giant TCR ADV Pro Disc - Ultegra Di2 12 Speed
2020 Giant Revolt ADV 2
2019 Genesis Team Zero Disc - SOLD Oct 2020

uraqt

by uraqt

It was years ago however I bought a frame from them and it was all great!!!

C

Gutsyfungus

by Gutsyfungus

If you are buying Campag...

For service and product knowledge; Malcolm at the Cycle Clinic knows his stuff.
With Warranty claims and other such things he's where it is at.
Second to none IMHO. He also carries spares of the smaller ickle things that the larger operations don't and can whip things in the post at a moments notice in the event of a problem. He also talks on the telephone too and exists in contrast to numerous cust service teenagers who quote their companies Ts and C's and spout inpersonal messages via E-mail.

The larger retailers will struggle (translate this in terms of time and delays if you have a problem). I've worn this Tee-Shirt.

Ask him to do a price match and he may well oblige.

My 2p.

Fungus

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

I bought a SR12 groupset off them last July, they had the best price. Took a while to arrive because they were waiting for a front mech to come into stock, this was mid-covid lockdown, but communication was great and responses rapid, they even called me after I emailed to check it hadn’t been delivered yet, I’d already been emailed back they just wanted to double check I was happy with the explanation. My order arrived in I think about 2 weeks because of the wait for stock and they chucked a couple of bottles in the box as well. I’d be happy to buy from them again

LewisK

by LewisK

Several positive dealings. You shouldn't have any issues

neeb

by neeb

Got some Bora WTO wheels from them a while back - no issues at all, they had the best price I could find and were very friendly. They are not Wiggle though (good thing IMO), they are a small (if long standing and well-established) business, so don't always have everything in stock for next day delivery but if not will get it from the supplier in a day or two. They are often cheaper than the big retailers and are much easier to communicate with!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

flashmatt

by flashmatt

Thanks all, 12 speed EPS groupset bought from them. Comms from Andy has been great. Should be with me once the Cyclescheme has been sorted