Wilier 2021 Filante SLR

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Cubist

by Cubist

The Ramato is for the Zero SLRImage

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

That's super sexy
Formerly known as Curryinahurry

LewisK

by LewisK

That Ramato colour way is insane! I'd still rather have the steel Superleggera in Ramato though!

Yoln

by Yoln

Not a fan, Not sure why they added chrome and black to the ramatto, it's a bit too much for my taste.

Ramatto fading directly into black (without chrome, would have been perfect). And even Ramatto with chrome only like on the old cento's would have been better as well...
Litespeed Gravel Ultimate : https://tinyurl.com/zvxxy8zk
Wilier “Cento Ramato“ : https://tinyurl.com/29vs8vre
#RETIRED# Lynskey “the Do-it-all Helix” 🧬:https://tinyurl.com/bdmb5y24

diggs11

by diggs11

I wonder if the marble slab comes with it.

I don't care for the chrome either. That seat clamp never looked so good though.

Cubist

by Cubist

ccie6872 wrote:Cool build video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfDDrtCgJ_Q
Pretty cool! Unfortunately no weighing of frame, bearings, parts etc. Def a missed opportunity IMO.. the paint job looks so nice though...

twoangstroms

by twoangstroms

I am such a sucker for these chrome-like color finishes. I didn't even know I was until I started seeing them. Is the other company that does them well Allied?

So how do they end up looking in real life?

Cubist

by Cubist

On YouTube are a few videos where you can get a quite good impression. Especially in the GCN ‘cutting edge vs classic bike’ video you see the bike from many sides moving under the skies..

survivor

by survivor

Any past or current Filante owners who can help to provide some feedback about the bike? Looking to confirm my Filante purchase within these few days. Just want to make sure there is no big flaws that I'm overlooking. Thanks!

Cubist

by Cubist

Still curious here as well. Does the longer wheelbase compared to the Zero SLR make the bike more ‘lazy’ feeling?

Also, the Filante bar is not possible to get in 400mm width in a stem length longer than 88mm. This is an issue for me. Is it possible to mount a different stem/handlebar/cockpit combination while keeping the cables hidden?

survivor

by survivor

Cubist wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:38 pm
Still curious here as well. Does the longer wheelbase compared to the Zero SLR make the bike more ‘lazy’ feeling?

Also, the Filante bar is not possible to get in 400mm width in a stem length longer than 88mm. This is an issue for me. Is it possible to mount a different stem/handlebar/cockpit combination while keeping the cables hidden?
I have never read a Filante review that mentioned it has a 'lazy' feeling. Perhaps mostly are review of the bike by itself. Hardly find any head to head comparison with other high end bikes. I would love to see someone comparing Filante to the Ostro VAM, SL7, Dogma F/F12, etc.

Filante bar happened to work for me. It has a short bar reach that I'm looking for. But I do agree that Wilier doesn't have much choice to go with Filante other than their integrated bar.

Cubist

by Cubist

I am wondering about aftermarket possibilities for handlebars while keeping integration in check. Any body knows?

survivor

by survivor

Cubist wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:37 am
I am wondering about aftermarket possibilities for handlebars while keeping integration in check. Any body knows?
There is none that I know of. The fork steerer diameter is 1 1/4", which is a challenge to find compatible stem to begin with. Secondly there is the challenge of how the cables are integrated. There is a hole at the stem close to the steerer clamp where the cables exit and enter than frame head tube via a special spacer that cover up the hole at the stem. I haven't find any that would work yet.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

mybikeshop com has a couple large framesets on closeout