Roval Alpinist Seatpost and Handlebar.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

billendk

by billendk

stannymenza wrote:As an update, this one: https://www.closethegap.cc/product/hide ... aceday-sd/ fits perfectly with the included bolt and weights 18g + 11g for the snap-on detachable bell. Optional GoPro mount is available as well.
Picture, picture pictureImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

stannymenza

by stannymenza

billendk wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:39 pm

Not a lot of light left but here you go. The mount is angled down slightly so it sits more or less parallel to the ground.
Ragamuffin wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:06 pm
Just wondering if anyone has seen any info or is able to measure the stack height, thanks in advance!
45mm, sorry again for the low light!
Attachments
IMG_7247.jpg
IMG_7246.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

billendk

by billendk

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ragamuffin

by Ragamuffin

Thanks!

bearsdidit
Shop Owner

by bearsdidit

pmprego wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:18 pm
iamraymond wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:01 pm
As far as I know, they don't make a 38cm bar. 40cm is the narrowest.
Which is hard to understand. For a company that claims that bike are unisex and just the contact points might need adjustment between genders I'd assume 40cm is way, way wider than most women would prefer. I could also use the aero argument. For a company to whom aero is supposed to be so important just makes "wide" bars. But it's okay, one can always source these components from different manufcturers.
Their decision to not make a 38CM bar is probably supported by their internal sales data. Specialized is a great marketing company but business is business.

pmprego

by pmprego

bearsdidit wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:55 pm
pmprego wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:18 pm
iamraymond wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:01 pm
As far as I know, they don't make a 38cm bar. 40cm is the narrowest.
Which is hard to understand. For a company that claims that bike are unisex and just the contact points might need adjustment between genders I'd assume 40cm is way, way wider than most women would prefer. I could also use the aero argument. For a company to whom aero is supposed to be so important just makes "wide" bars. But it's okay, one can always source these components from different manufcturers.
Their decision to not make a 38CM bar is probably supported by their internal sales data. Specialized is a great marketing company but business is business.
Amen :wink:

rafalkalwa

by rafalkalwa

A question to anyone owning the 300mm seatpost - what is the minimal insert for it?

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

This from Specialized:

The minimum seatpost insertion from the top of the seatpost collar is 75mm. The maximum insertion is 215mm. If the proper saddle height can't be achieved with the stock seatpost within the acceptable range, a shorter or longer seatpost should be used.

However IMO the minimum is a bit frame dependant. 75mm might work on some frames but on others, depending on the seat-tube/top-tube/chainstay junction, it may be insufficient. I like at least 100mm regardless of frame.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

stannymenza

by stannymenza

Factor O2 for example requires at least 90mm.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Yup, I'm not so sure the 75mm is a good number even for Specialized frames. You just want more post in the frame than 75mm.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

SamD

by SamD

stannymenza wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:04 pm
billendk wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:39 pm

Not a lot of light left but here you go. The mount is angled down slightly so it sits more or less parallel to the ground.
Ragamuffin wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:06 pm
Just wondering if anyone has seen any info or is able to measure the stack height, thanks in advance!
45mm, sorry again for the low light!
stannymenza, can you comment on how this mount is holding up? I have the same HideMyBell variant that is currently on my stem, but just ordered the alpinist cockpit. I was hoping to transfer the HideMyBell onto the cockpit as the interface seems the same, but my LBS guy said he did that too and his mount/GPS fell off after a few meters... :| He thought it might be related to the curvature of the bar that doesn't match with the curvature of the stem.

stannymenza

by stannymenza

SamD wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:05 pm
stannymenza, can you comment on how this mount is holding up? I have the same HideMyBell variant that is currently on my stem, but just ordered the alpinist cockpit. I was hoping to transfer the HideMyBell onto the cockpit as the interface seems the same, but my LBS guy said he did that too and his mount/GPS fell off after a few meters... :| He thought it might be related to the curvature of the bar that doesn't match with the curvature of the stem.
Well I've only ridden the bike outside for about 30km so far, I have my gravel bike on winter duty and the new bike on my smart trainer. But I'm not exactly sure what you mean or if you have the same mount? Mine matches the curvature pretty well and is attached by a bolt into the handlebar threads, so I don't see where it can go wrong. The only thing I would change is that I would like the mount to be angled up a little bit for legibility, other than that no complaints.
Attachments
IMG_7450.jpg

SamD

by SamD

stannymenza wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:36 pm
SamD wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:05 pm
Well I've only ridden the bike outside for about 30km so far, I have my gravel bike on winter duty and the new bike on my smart trainer. But I'm not exactly sure what you mean or if you have the same mount? Mine matches the curvature pretty well and is attached by a bolt into the handlebar threads, so I don't see where it can go wrong. The only thing I would change is that I would like the mount to be angled up a little bit for legibility, other than that no complaints.
I do have the same one indeed. Seems to match nicely on yours... I mailed hidemybell, interested to hear what they say. But I will definitely try it myself out too, hoping for the best as I really like the hidemybell. Thanks!

By the way, a few weeks ago I also asked them for a black mount instead of the orange thing, which I don't like... You can mail them too if interested. They will sell them via their webshop later on.

stannymenza

by stannymenza

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind! I don't mind it too much yet...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SamD

by SamD

SamD wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:39 am
Does anybody have pictures of this cockpit with a Tarmac SL6? Would love to see how it looks.
Now I do 😄
viewtopic.php?f=131&t=56236&p=1652675#p1652675