Carbon-Ti + THM Clavicula SE + SRAM Red AXS

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

BadBoyR

by BadBoyR

HappyGuy wrote:Nobody mentioned to start here. Look at W3 and W4 specs on the table. I'm running Sram Force AXS on Rotor 3D 110bcd x5 with the Carbon Ti 50/37 chainrings. Threw away the useless red FD set up tool. Just use the white lines, and the wedge to getthe FD dialed. Also position the FD cage as close to the tallest tooth on big chain ring as possible w/o contact when shifting. Took several trials to finally land on the position that works w/o the dreaded chain drops to the outside. The cage lines are actually slightly past parallel inboard towards the bottom end of the cage.
Appreciate this, I’m contemplating the risk of going carbon ti with quarq dzero spider and some crank arms(undecided on arms) or just go standard sram dub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Radioman

by Radioman

Matte86 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:46 pm
On my new Tarmac SL7 I have the same exact setup: carbon ti chainrings 48-35, thm clavicula SE and sram red etap AXS 12.
Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
What BB for Clavicula SE? Building same setup.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Muhviehstar

by Muhviehstar

Radioman wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:10 pm
Matte86 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:46 pm
On my new Tarmac SL7 I have the same exact setup: carbon ti chainrings 48-35, thm clavicula SE and sram red etap AXS 12.
Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
What BB for Clavicula SE? Building same setup.
I'm asking the same! Does the Ceramicspeed BSA30 work on the combination SL7 and Clavicula SE (PM)? I've seen that the THM BB has shorter threads than the Ceramicspeed.

angusclark

by angusclark

Attached my bike

I've been having issues. I've now got a chain catch so shifting big to small isn't an issue. Small to big though has been troublesome, it's taken a lot of work and I still don't have confidence in it.

I always need to make shifts in the middle of the cassette to be sure, which is ideal I know but not always practical. When it hasn't been working, It either doesn't go up and skips and almost goes on, or it flicks over the top. Both equally annoying
Attachments
7435F13B-0A95-4E2B-8A16-45374167010E.jpeg

BadBoyR

by BadBoyR

angusclark wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:47 am
Attached my bike

I've been having issues. I've now got a chain catch so shifting big to small isn't an issue. Small to big though has been troublesome, it's taken a lot of work and I still don't have confidence in it.

I always need to make shifts in the middle of the cassette to be sure, which is ideal I know but not always practical. When it hasn't been working, It either doesn't go up and skips and almost goes on, or it flicks over the top. Both equally annoying
Stunning bike, your issues were putting me off going for carbon-ti rings, but I am yet to find out once I build my bike.

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

Agree with the above. The rings have been flawless on Di2 but the front shifting is definitely not as good on Red AXS. It works fine, but just not as good.
I find you have to be literally 0.00001mm perfect on the limit screws to get decent small to big shifting.
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

angusclark

by angusclark

ryanw wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:12 am
Agree with the above. The rings have been flawless on Di2 but the front shifting is definitely not as good on Red AXS. It works fine, but just not as good.
I find you have to be literally 0.00001mm perfect on the limit screws to get decent small to big shifting.
So far this has been my experience. I'm open to trying a KMC chain if this makes a difference

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

I've built up two AXS bikes with these. One on a brand new flat top chain was noticeably better at shifting than the SL7 I did with a used flat top chain.
No experience with KMC or XTR 12 speed chains.

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

Any update on this? Have a THM and some AXS bikes.. is there a V2 chainring that fixes this?
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Aurelia- Stainless All Road 8.5kg
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Perdita- Ti Turbo bike 8kg
Serenity- Ti Gravel 9.5kg/8.9kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

All weights with pedals,cages & garmin mount

BadBoyR

by BadBoyR

CustomMetal wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:01 am
Any update on this? Have a THM and some AXS bikes.. is there a V2 chainring that fixes this?
Carbon Ti - AXS Chainring V2 is superb.

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

BadBoyR wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:47 pm
CustomMetal wrote:
How can you tell if you are buying the V2 as carbon ti's website makes no mention of a gen two chainring
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Aurelia- Stainless All Road 8.5kg
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Perdita- Ti Turbo bike 8kg
Serenity- Ti Gravel 9.5kg/8.9kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

All weights with pedals,cages & garmin mount

BadBoyR

by BadBoyR

CustomMetal wrote:
BadBoyR wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:47 pm
CustomMetal wrote:
How can you tell if you are buying the V2 as carbon ti's website makes no mention of a gen two chainring
Not sure, best to email them, they respond quite quick. Mine was a warranty replacement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tozesan

by Tozesan

Hello everyone

i tried to install an SRM origin powermeter with THM carbon cranks, 50/37 carbon-ti oval plates and sram axs
unsuccessfully...

1- the chainring in the highest position hits the FD external plate, I tried to raise the FD with a thin spacer from Rotor.
2- even meticulously adjusting the FD screws the chain jumps out 90% of the time
3- sometimes the chain falls inside and is caught by the chainring bolts and get stuck between the frame and chainrings
4- I tried it with sram flat top chain and kmc x12

now it is dismantled and waiting for information from carbon-ti...

Matte86

by Matte86

After a month of usage I can report that the carbon Ti V2 outer ring solved my shifting problems with Sram red AXS FD.
Wanna thanks Ryanw for the great tip/info about a new version of the ring. Carbon ti was quick and responsive to my request to have the new v2. They promptly send it for free (under warranty). Having said that my LBS wasn’t aware of it and Carbon ti should have reached to those V1 owner and let them know about it as it is a known problem.
I Cannot tell the differences between v1 vs v2. Below the new ring installed

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

The inner pickups are much bigger and teeth profiles have been changed / improved.