Chinese ultralight handlebar passed SGS quality certification

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Lozaen

by Lozaen

Works for me as well
Interested in buying Carbonsport Lightweight wheels with broken spokes.

BMC Teammachine SLR01 Disc Team 2018|Ridley Helium | Kuota Kross|Cannondale Scalpel 29 Hi-Mod

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kurt1980

by Kurt1980

I'm keen to get a set of these... Any feedback so far?

dbzznlqbqft

by dbzznlqbqft

I wonder is it possoble to have 3k matte finish?

Kurt1980

by Kurt1980

I've ordered a set of these in 40cm. I'll update this thread once I get them, but I suspect it will be a little while, given they have to travel from China to Australia.

Kurt1980

by Kurt1980

Will pick these up tomorrow. Scale pics and general comments to follow!

kode54

by kode54

Are they planning to make an aero bar as well? in development?

Nice alternative to expensice bars that actually weigh more.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

HenryH

by HenryH

The integrated is interesting. Anyone know the sizes it will come in? Fear it will be too small for me, but you never know.

Disappointed with the competition and development of new integrated handlebars. Not many good aero focused ones to choose from. And quite a few of the ones that you can choose from got rather limited size options.

dton13

by dton13

Any chance EXS is considering 1 1/4 steerer sizes for the integrated handlebar?

alanyu

by alanyu

FYI, EXS is pushing on the integrated aero bar project. The prototype was spotted on the Shanghai Show. The current problem is the long production due to the special layup. It will be compactible with 1-1/4 steerer and is planned to offer 360-420 * 80-140

Kurt1980

by Kurt1980

So for anyone interested in the standard drop bar....(!)...I picked up my package today.

Order purchased on 22 April, made it to my city in Australia on the 13th May. Not bad considering the current dramas in the world.

Box is non descript.
Box 1.jpg
Information on the side. Looks like a few options, I went for the middle path :lol:
Box 2.jpg
Handlebar is well protected inside
Inside.jpg
The size I chose
Size.jpg
Some details. Flattish section in the hooks
Detail 1.jpg
And in the corners
Detail 2.jpg
Pretty sharp radius
Detail 3.jpg
Most important... weight. Light!!! 168g!
Weight.jpg

First impressions are good. I've never owned any carbon bars before, they're light, drop and reach suit me. There's 1cm of flare each side, so 40cm at the hoods, 42cm at the drops. These feel pretty stiff....I can induce a small amount of flex if I push the drops towards each other pretty hard. I'm currently running some Giant Contact SL bars... these feel about on par with them.

I'm just thinking now about suitable stems. I've read the threads where people induce dents in the mounting area, presumably because the face plate is too small which increases the pressure. Any recommendations for stems with more surface area on the faceplate? Maybe something nice and carbon like the old school 3T Arx Ltd?
3t_arx_ltd_stem.jpg
The other option is to go all out and get that 2 bolt alloy Newmen stem. Someone else on this forum recommended it with carbon bars. It goes on like the 2 bolt Darimo stems.
Newmen Stem.jpg
Anyway, it'll be a little bit before I mount this, but wanted to update the thread... there's a real dearth of information on these bars, which is a shame beacuse so far they look good!

Cheers all

Kurt
Last edited by Kurt1980 on Sat May 15, 2021 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

RDY

by RDY

Kurt1980 wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 6:24 pm
So for anyone interested in the aerohandlebar....(!)...I picked up my package today.

Order purchased on 22 April, made it to my city in Australia on the 13th May. Not bad considering the current dramas in the world.

Box is non descript.
Box 1.jpg

Information on the side. Looks like a few options, I went for the middle path :lol:
Box 2.jpg

Handlebar is well protected inside
Inside.jpg

The size I chose
Size.jpg

Some details. Flattish section in the hooks
Detail 1.jpg

And in the corners
Detail 2.jpg

Pretty sharp radius
Detail 3.jpg

Most important... weight. Light!!! 168g!
Weight.jpg

First impressions are good. I've never owned any carbon bars before, they're light, drop and reach suit me. There's 1cm of flare each side, so 40cm at the hoods, 42cm at the drops. These feel pretty stiff....I can induce a small amount of flex if I push the drops towards each other pretty hard. I'm currently running some Giant Contact SL bars... these feel about on par with them.

Kurt
Those aren't the aero bars. They're still working on those AFAIK. Summer launch.

Kurt1980

by Kurt1980

Sorry, you're right!

I meant drop bars.

Edited

garbageman

by garbageman

alanyu wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 1:18 pm
FYI, EXS is pushing on the integrated aero bar project. The prototype was spotted on the Shanghai Show. The current problem is the long production due to the special layup. It will be compactible with 1-1/4 steerer and is planned to offer 360-420 * 80-140
Thanks for the info. Do you know anything of the planned reach/drop/bend shape?

RDY

by RDY

alanyu wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 1:18 pm
Missed your post. That's interesting. A few weeks ago they told me that 100mm was the shortest stem length they were going to do initially. I really wanted 70 or 80mm 420mm. Guess they received quite a few other requests then.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Received my EXS standard bars. 40cm. Weight 169g.
Looking forward to the integrated ones as well as aero, probably will be a repeated customer.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike