Chinese ultralight handlebar passed SGS quality certification

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Vespasianus

by Vespasianus

MyM3Coupe wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:19 am
Lol. Nothing in that post would make me comfortable riding those bars. I trust nothing made in China.
Almost everything carbon is made in china. Having it tested by an independent company outside china is good and should give a person cofidence in the product.
Last edited by Vespasianus on Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cinelli Superstar - Campagnolo H11
Tommasini Custom X-Fire gravel - EKAR

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

mrlobber wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:21 pm
wheelsONfire wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:10 pm
I can't help to comment you guys getting pissed of at MyM3Coupe!

Why do you bother to go against his opinion?
Because just about the only thing he does is posts his "opinion" (most times, really, an "opinion" without any facts) that something sucks. His last post was a perfect example.

Anyway, back on topic: was the question "when does this bar come to the market" answered? What would be the availability outside of Asia?
This is a thing with forum. Most are hopefully gentle and friendly like i expect we all would be if we met in real life.
However, some spew out something half ass. It's ok! It's also like in real life. So i do agree with you. If bad mouthing it surely could be followed by some lead to why such comment. But, again! It is what it is. You're right, this thread shouldn't be maimed by this!

I also want to make clear, i don't say this product is bad, it's probably very well executed.
Not all Chinese or Asian products are bad, far from it.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tourniquet

by tourniquet

I really want these handlebars. As a shorter rider I cannot value it highly enough that someone really dived deep into geometry/ergonomics and concerns of shorter riders. Price looks fair. I am hooked :)

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

MyM3Coupe wrote:
Lol. Nothing in that post would make me comfortable riding those bars. I trust nothing made in China.
Well you must live a spartan life then with no electronics. So how did you post this?

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

ENOUGH!

Can you lot not go a single day without turning a thread into a dumpster fire.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic? ... source=app

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic? ... source=app

Using Tapatalk

knightskid

by knightskid

Any aero dropbar?

MagicShite

by MagicShite

kiritozhang wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:59 am
MyM3Coupe wrote:
I am sorry that the products made in China cannot appeal to you
Good job on the new product. I wish you the very best. May snag one if you have a shop on taobao haha.

1llum4

by 1llum4

@kiritozhang

The product looks really good. I still need to try different drop shape to see which I like best (love to climb à la Pantani in the drops and want a flat drop end for that but I don't like the sharp bend of classic bend bar for interacting with the shifter/brake)

I winced a bit at the ''industable fact that asian have shorter arms''. Seems like more a truism than an actual documented fact like women bike geometry that was debunked by data from retul and other modern fitters.

I think that the market needs more option for sub 38cm handlebar and your 34cm option is great.

The 2 year warranty including crashes is another great move.

I wish you the best and this bar will be on my radar if I need a compact drop bar.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

kiritozhang wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:10 am
No offence, but it read very Chinese translate for me.

I'd change them to:
"Rather than using traditional round tube shape, our handlebar use asymetrical ovoid shape to help with both comfort and also stiffness.
Our bar design with ergonomic for normal rider position which has back angle of 40-50 degree and shoulder angle of 80-90 degree in mind.
We found that top of the bar should be narrower than the drop to compensate for the different shoulder angle.
By requests and feedbacks of riders, we prioritize maximum grip when design the bar top.
Our bar top remains ergonomic to grip even if there are cables underneath or behind."

Not sure if I understand everything correctly, your 3rd and 4th line read quite confusing to me.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

knightskid wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:05 am
Any aero dropbar?
+1 on this one too. We need more lightweight options than just the recent MCFK offering.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

snaxez

by snaxez

I really like the short reach option. As I currently ride 90mm stem, with 80 reach, then I could move to 100mm stem and have a more stable bike.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Curios how making your reach the same would make it more stable?

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

snaxez

by snaxez

Nefarious86 wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:50 am
Curios how making your reach the same would make it more stable?

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
Good point :), I allways thought a longer stem will give less twitchy steering, but as the reach is the same, then it should not matter.

LewisK

by LewisK

Yea it does seem like there is a bit of a gap in the market for a lightweight aero bar...I hope the likes of Darimo and Schmolke will come up with something like the new MCFK bar.... Sub 170g, aero top section and 36/38cm offerings.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

LewisK wrote:Yea it does seem like there is a bit of a gap in the market for a lightweight aero bar...I hope the likes of Darimo and Schmolke will come up with something like the new MCFK bar.... Sub 170g, aero top section and 36/38cm offerings.
And a short reach

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com