EE brakes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

physeter

by physeter

Still on first gen eebrakes; still performng flawlessly

Kumppa

by Kumppa

Changed Red brakes with EE and wouldn't switch back. EEs are alot easier to adjust and at least as powerful than Red.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mkentik

by mkentik

They perform better in every way, changed from DA, as said excellent power and very good modulation, colour variation, plus the weight saving that said it all. Rest my case

PS. I am 88 kg and with the Reynolds pads are absolute anchorsImageImageImageImage

1)Cicli Barco XCR
2)Pinarello Dogma F8 Disc
3)Colnago Oval Master Titanium

-----------------------------------------
[Cicli Barco XCR]
[Cervelo S-Series]
Ritchey Break Away
Wilier Triestina Ramata
[Gios Compact Evolution]
[Colnago Master Oval Titanium]
Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra
Piton Twin
Miyata Century
Vitus 992
Daccordi 50th

corky

by corky

physeter wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:55 am
Still on first gen eebrakes; still performng flawlessly
Me too 👍

kode54

by kode54

Great looking bike and paint.
mkentik wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:31 am
They perform better in every way, changed from DA, as said excellent power and very good modulation, colour variation, plus the weight saving that said it all. Rest my case

PS. I am 88 kg and with the Reynolds pads are absolute anchors

1)Cicli Barco XCR
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

GrumpyOldPizza

by GrumpyOldPizza

Worth every dollar. Went from DA9100 to eeBrakes G4. I do like the way better modulation and predictability. Yes, less panic stopping (perhaps), but a lot more control.

Any they are light.

And they are pieces of art.

Did I mention that they are light ?

Ypuh

by Ypuh

I've been eyeing them for over a year now, but haven't pulled the trigger (bought so many other stuff to compensate my decision, that I'd probably been better off just going with the eeBrakes).

Did you know they have these cool limited editions once every 6 months? Due to corona they only have one version this year, the El Fuego. Note: These limiteds pretty hard/impossible to come by, simply because they're only sold on preorder during a 2 week time window.

El Dorado

El Chulo

El Rosado

El Diablo

El Platino

El Real

El Fuego

If they decide to launch a red/black version I don't care what my bank account says.
Cervelo S3 - 7.3kg
Time ADHX - 8.7kg

eric01

by eric01

Dura ace stronger but ee is more than enough for me. Never once felt EEs were lacking. To me it’s the definition of a weight weenie part: light, functional and expensive!
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

C36

by C36

To be honest I realised I missed one part in the nice picture... they are more sensitive to setup than Dura ace for example (and explain why time to tune you have people complaining about lower braking power than DA) and that involve the housing length too (the housing anchoring point does move when you pull the brakes).

Another point to consider is the relatively weak std spring if you have continuous housing on your frame (or some integrated bars that male some “less than ideal” sharp corners). Then a stronger spring that exist.

——————
2018: Cannondale SSevo2HM : 5860g
2000: R4000 caad5: junior bike restauration
1995: Indurain‘s Pinarello: restauration project

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

C36 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:13 am
To be honest I realised I missed one part in the nice picture... they are more sensitive to setup than Dura ace for example (and explain why time to tune you have people complaining about lower braking power than DA) and that involve the housing length too (the housing anchoring point does move when you pull the brakes).

Another point to consider is the relatively weak std spring if you have continuous housing on your frame (or some integrated bars that male some “less than ideal” sharp corners). Then a stronger spring that exist.

——————
We compare EE to DA. How about if those complaining would include THM and Lekki8?
Then you can conclude the EE blows these out of the water for braking (power) and modulation.
While we're at it you may also include Campa, Sram Red and FSA.

Ax Lightness even went so far to recommend EE and that says something!!
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

DHG01

by DHG01

mkentik wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:31 am

PS. I am 88 kg and with the Reynolds pads are absolute anchorsImageImageImageImage

1)Cicli Barco XCR
Very, very nice bike. Can I ask what saddle that is?

DHG01

by DHG01

I am not particularly impressed with ee; that would compare to Ultegra/DA or Campy.

Given I am contradicting a few other forum members, I am inclined to think I am the one who is wrong.
My ee s are from 2015, but they are running in wide rims (4.5 SES). I once mounted a much thinner Fulcrum rim and the bite was completely different. So I suspect earlier generations were less meant for today's rim width. Just something to bear in mind if the op is looking for used ones.

In terms of putting them on an 8kg bike; unless it is steel fork and frame, I would tend to think that at that weight there are more effective options to reduce weight.

biwa

by biwa

C36 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:13 am

Which "stronger spring" is this? Is it an official part?

C36

by C36

DHG01 wrote:I am not particularly impressed with ee; that would compare to Ultegra/DA or Campy.

Given I am contradicting a few other forum members, I am inclined to think I am the one who is wrong.
My ee s are from 2015, but they are running in wide rims (4.5 SES). I once mounted a much thinner Fulcrum rim and the bite was completely different. So I suspect earlier generations were less meant for today's rim width. Just something to bear in mind if the op is looking for used ones.

In terms of putting them on an 8kg bike; unless it is steel fork and frame, I would tend to think that at that weight there are more effective options to reduce weight.
The adjustment is indeed a bit sensitive and reading you, I recall switching to very narrow rim without adding spacers to the brake pads resulted in quite a low braking power.

If you still have them I would spend more time trying different setups.

——————

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

oldturd

by oldturd

for me, they seem to pair better with sram levers than Shimano. braking between the two seem to be night and day.. or i could have been lazy with the shimano bike