Canyon Aeroad 2021

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.

Moderator: robbosmans

Maximilian

by Maximilian

Pricing seems grest to me. £5100 for the Ultegra Di2 SLX. A Madone SLR 7 starts at £7500

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

by Weenie

JayDee81

by JayDee81

aeroisnteverything wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:50 pm
JPuerto wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:40 pm
Do we have any info about getting a CF SLX frameset?
It looks to me like the CFR and SLX framesets are the same (Ultegra version weight specs difference is what you'd expect from just swapping out the groupset). So if you want a frameset - it's CFR. Which ain't cheap, to be perfectly honest. Complete bike is good value for money compared to the competition; frameset alone is basically where everyone else is for the top tier stuff.
CFR and SLX are from the same mould, but have different layup. SLX and SL have same layup, but SL is for mechanical groupsets and doesn't have integrated cockpit routing.

JPuerto

by JPuerto

aeroisnteverything wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:50 pm
JPuerto wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:40 pm
Do we have any info about getting a CF SLX frameset?
It looks to me like the CFR and SLX framesets are the same (Ultegra version weight specs difference is what you'd expect from just swapping out the groupset). So if you want a frameset - it's CFR. Which ain't cheap, to be perfectly honest. Complete bike is good value for money compared to the competition; frameset alone is basically where everyone else is for the top tier stuff.
Shame, I was really looking forward to getting this one but the CFR frameset price is just too much when you can still get your hands on some Scott Addicts, Venges, and the new Look 795 blade RS looks promising not CFR level maybe but old SLX which is good enough for sure.

ColnagoJohn

by ColnagoJohn

Also, why is the top model with the campagnolo eps which would be my choice shipping with the "old" boras? surely that bike should have the wto 45 or 60 wheels in it and then it would be a total killer

Robius

by Robius

That's a funny way to sell a frameset.
2016 Felt AR2 Di2

alanyu

by alanyu

I'm very interested in new aeroad, but the minimum bar width is 390 c-c... Would the pro version 0015 bar be narrower in adjustment?

JayDee81

by JayDee81

Do I understand correctly, that the handlebar height adjustment is just 15 mm?

pmprego

by pmprego

JayDee81 wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:00 pm
Correct

naylor343

by naylor343

JayDee81 wrote:
Yes. The canyon engineers confirmed this on the GCN video. There was a very small silent pause after the comment, almost as if all involved in the Q&A had just all thought, that's a bit crap!

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

JayDee81 wrote:
Yes. This is not a bike for people with a tower of spacers. But surely there are no such folks here, as everyone already rides with slammed -17° stems… :P

JayDee81

by JayDee81

MayhemSWE wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:08 pm
JayDee81 wrote:
Yes. This is not a bike for people with a tower of spacers. But surely there are no such folks here, as everyone already rides with slammed -17° stems… :P
I am no such guy, but realized it might fit me just about right with 15 mm of spacers, because there's also the cap, which looks like ~1 cm. Currently I am on TCR with 562 stack and 25 mm spacers including top cap, which should be within 5 mm. (talking M size Aeroad)

nino10

by nino10

"A clamping screw firmly connects both parts with the help of a wedge and it gives you an adjustment range of 15 mm thanks to three 5 mm aluminium spacers. The good thing about not having to cut the steerer tube is that you can always return to the initial setup after testing the various different positions.
If you look at the geometry table, you can see that the geometry of the new Canyon Aeroad has been somewhat relaxed. In size M, the stack has been increased by 9 mm and the reach has been reduced by 5 mm. This should allow more riders to get into an aerodynamic position on the bike and enjoy the aero advantages of the Aeroad. Measured at the cockpit, the updated geometry corresponds to that of the Canyon Ultimate. Canyon have developed a second cockpit with a lower profile for professional road racers who need a more aggressive riding position and can maintain it for a long time. ..."

https://granfondo-cycling.com/canyon-ae ... i2-review/

NordicSal

by NordicSal

Is it mad to think that the reason it's shipping with old DT Swiss and Bora wheels is because they originally planned for a release much sooner?

JayDee81

by JayDee81

Looks like you need an adapter for oval rails.
https://www.canyon.com/en-cz/aeroad/unb ... 04772.html

by Weenie