Specialized S-works 8 rumors

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

OnTheRivet

by OnTheRivet

Looks like a new shoe Sagan is wearing at Tirreno-Adriatico atico. Tongue is clearly different. Could be the new 8 (looking further could just be a 7 with the tongue cut up?)

chris1234

by chris1234

Not sure what's going on there but that's still the 7.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Relief cuts in the tongue of an S-Works 7. Considering the Ares is using the Li2 dial, I doubt we’ll see the S-Works 7 style dial on future shoes.

brentvelo

by brentvelo

Those are definitely S-Works 7 shoes. I thought the rumor was that Sagan was going to be wearing the new Supacaz road shoes? They are built on the S-Works 7 sole and last, but with a different upper.

kode54

by kode54

Vent is more comfortable and airy. Like them on summer days.
passionebici wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:39 pm
kode54 wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:59 pm
I have the Ares and the SW7. I like both. The Ares is more comfortable than the ankle area on the SW7 although I managed to get over that. Ares still more comfy.
I like the two Boa and NO velcro strap of the Ares. I don't care much for the Ares mesh areas...since they get dirty or grayish after your first ride. If you don't care that much about the coloration, then I would go for the Ares. Who knows what issues will develop with the yet-to-be-released SW8. I probably will buy the SW8 in white since I miss the clean look of the white SW7. I regret that I sold it over the Vent (also gets dirty mesh).

But overall (beside Mesh on them vents), how do you like the Vent so far, compared to the SW7?
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

kode54

by kode54

The mesh itself holds up...but really gets dirty. I have been wearing them on fair weather days....no rain or dampness on ground. Dry and sunny days unfortunately...so I ride my SW7 on other days.
chris1234 wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:13 pm
kode54 wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:59 pm
I have the Ares and the SW7. I like both. The Ares is more comfortable than the ankle area on the SW7 although I managed to get over that. Ares still more comfy.
I like the two Boa and NO velcro strap of the Ares. I don't care much for the Ares mesh areas...since they get dirty or grayish after your first ride. If you don't care that much about the coloration, then I would go for the Ares. Who knows what issues will develop with the yet-to-be-released SW8. I probably will buy the SW8 in white since I miss the clean look of the white SW7. I regret that I sold it over the Vent (also gets dirty mesh).
Was going to ask about how the white mesh held up to longer term use. Guess this answers it.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

kode54

by kode54

yes.

Although for me, the Vent for the hottest days...next, the Ares for nice summer/spring/fall days...all fair weather. SW7 for anything else.
Yeah, I have n+1 for shoes as well. LOL
parleez1 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:46 am
Getting dirty won't be a problem here I hope, I ordered them in black!
Hoping they fit my needs in the toe box.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

passionebici

by passionebici

Does anyone ride the sworks Vent with the Solestar Kontrol insoles?

jmfreeman535

by jmfreeman535

passionebici wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:17 pm
I use them in my s-works 7's and Recons, and they fit/work very well.

passionebici

by passionebici

jmfreeman535 wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:52 pm
passionebici wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:17 pm
I use them in my s-works 7's and Recons, and they fit/work very well.
Yes, me too in the sw7! Indeed awesome. Now I have the vents in same size (43) but the insole which I chose again in 44, I am not sure if they should be one further size up in the vents. As the seem to be more roomier. Any thoughts on which size to use on the Vents?

jmfreeman535

by jmfreeman535

passionebici wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:00 pm
Yes, me too in the sw7! Indeed awesome. Now I have the vents in same size (43) but the insole which I chose again in 44, I am not sure if they should be one further size up in the vents. As the seem to be more roomier. Any thoughts on which size to use on the Vents?
I haven't tried the Vents, but I'd assume that they'd require the same size.

If you already have a pair of the insoles, why not just throw them in the Vents and see how they fit?

parleez1

by parleez1

I received my size 42 Ares in black direct from Specialized USA. I only had to try on one shoe to know they would not work for my feet, disappointed. With hammer toes they rub the tops and are totally uncomfortable and unwearable, back to they go. The search continues, although I am quite satisfied with the comfort of my Lake CX241 wide shoes, just looking for a new pair.

Boozzz

by Boozzz

Running the Sub6 at the moment, but they're definitely too narrow around the ball of my foot. Rest is all good, love the heel grip, but after a few years of pain, it's time for something else. How does the S-Works 7 compare to the Sub6 in this area, is it noticeably wider? Is the wide version something to consider (or is that wider everywhere)? Got a 292 mm long / 113 mm wide foot here, with the Sub6 in size 47.

(Shops are in lockdown, and rather not order too many shoes in only to send them back ;))

poppiholla

by poppiholla

I think it is remarkable, to say the least, that specializes doesn't offer half sizes in their most expensive shoes. The Ares is very expensive and no half sizes. I think this is a missed opportunity. Although I am pleased with my white S-work 7 shoes but I think that Specialized is lazy not to offer half sizes in their top shoes.
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL7 (Satin carbon spectraflair tint)
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL6 (Green Cameleon)
Specialized Tarmac Pro SL6 Disc (Blue/Teal Sram Force AXS)
Specialized Epic Elite 29
Greetings from the Netherlands

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

akaspin

by akaspin

poppiholla wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:40 am
I think it is remarkable, to say the least, that specializes doesn't offer half sizes in their most expensive shoes. The Ares is very expensive and no half sizes. I think this is a missed opportunity. Although I am pleased with my white S-work 7 shoes but I think that Specialized is lazy not to offer half sizes in their top shoes.
Maybe you missed something. I have Ares in 44.5.