Choice tubeless sealant

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mag

by mag

@CR987 Which Orange Seal variant did you use? Regular or Endurance? I've been using the Endurance one and I've been satisfied with it. However as I'm about to purchase a new bottle I'm toying with the idea about trying the Regular one - mainly because I'm a bit bored and want to try something a little different. :-D But maybe it's an overkill.

Also did anyone try to mix the Orange Seal Regular and Endurance? I mean simply adding the Regular one into the tire which has some Endurance left inside. As they're quite similar I guess that shouldn't be a problem as it would be when mixing other sealants.

EDIT: After checking their product info sheet: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1700/ ... sheet2.pdf I see it's claimed to be intermixable so those Orange Seal variants can be really mixed.

MikeD

by MikeD

mag wrote:@CR987 Which Orange Seal variant did you use? Regular or Endurance? I've been using the Endurance one and I've been satisfied with it. However as I'm about to purchase a new bottle I'm toying with the idea about trying the Regular one - mainly because I'm a bit bored and want to try something a little different. :-D But maybe it's an overkill...

Also did anyone try to mix Orange Seal Regular and Endurance? I mean simply adding the Regular one into the tire which has some Endurance left inside. As they're quite similar I guess that shouldn't be a problem as it would be when mixing other sealants...
In general, regular seals faster/better but endurance lasts longer. I've used regular before endurance came out, but switched to endurance because I don't like doing bike maintenance. I've got four bikes that use sealant. The only times I've had trouble with sealing were when there wasn't much left in the tire, and (I think) because I didn't shake the bottle vigorously enough to mix the contents before putting in the tire.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CR987

by CR987

mag wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:57 pm
@CR987 Which Orange Seal variant did you use? Regular or Endurance? I've been using the Endurance one and I've been satisfied with it. However as I'm about to purchase a new bottle I'm toying with the idea about trying the Regular one - mainly because I'm a bit bored and want to try something a little different. :-D But maybe it's an overkill.

Also did anyone try to mix the Orange Seal Regular and Endurance? I mean simply adding the Regular one into the tire which has some Endurance left inside. As they're quite similar I guess that shouldn't be a problem as it would be when mixing other sealants.

EDIT: After checking their product info sheet: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1700/ ... sheet2.pdf I see it's claimed to be intermixable so those Orange Seal variants can be really mixed.
I used the regular for 2 years no issues and then the Endurance for 2 years no issues. I couldn't say that one is better than the other. Both sealed punctures and neither dried up.
I don't think I ever had issues with sealant drying up, I'm not sure if it's because I use my bike 5 times a week to commute as well as weekend rides so it never really sits for any length of time???

skidrrr

by skidrrr

I'm using Effetto Mariposa Caffelatex and can recommend it without a second thought.

darrydonds

by darrydonds

skidrrr wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:57 pm
I'm using Effetto Mariposa Caffelatex and can recommend it without a second thought.
Glad to see a positive comment about it. I bought a large bottle but haven't tried it yet.

What tyre(s)?

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

There's a gritty additive in Orange Seal. It feels like sand? Does anyone know what that is? I think the gritty additive helps with the sealing. Do other sealants have additives? I don't think Stan's has it. Not sure about others.

Andrew69

by Andrew69

Thinking about converting current bike to tubeless since wheels and tyres are tubeless ready anyway, but i am concerned about the sealent drying out and having to remove the tyre to clean and replace.
Is that is something that is required as part of routine maintainence or do you guys just top up the sealent every so often?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

pdlpsher1 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:24 am
There's a gritty additive in Orange Seal. It feels like sand? Does anyone know what that is? I think the gritty additive helps with the sealing. Do other sealants have additives? I don't think Stan's has it. Not sure about others.

Stan's has solid particles in it too. Practically all sealants do.

CR987

by CR987

Andrew69 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:51 am
Thinking about converting current bike to tubeless since wheels and tyres are tubeless ready anyway, but i am concerned about the sealent drying out and having to remove the tyre to clean and replace.
Is that is something that is required as part of routine maintainence or do you guys just top up the sealent every so often?
Just check it every 3 months. Anyway, you will probably top it up slightly after a puncture. I will be trying the Goodyear tyres since they are supposed to be super easy to seat, even with a foot pump.
I have a compressor and have never had trouble seating Schwalbe Pro One's... stay away from Caldex tyres, they are unbelievably loose and I couldn't get them seated after a 3 hour battle

ThomasBr96

by ThomasBr96

For what it's worth: https://www.bikeradar.com/features/whic ... -the-best/.
Stan's race came out best in test, Effetto Mariposa Caffélatex best value and orange endurance was not so good..

skidrrr

by skidrrr

darrydonds wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:55 pm
skidrrr wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:57 pm
Glad to see a positive comment about it. I bought a large bottle but haven't tried it yet.

What tyre(s)?
Mavic Yksion Pro UST and Vittoria Corsa G2.0
Yes, it works and it is really good. I was surprised to find out how big cuts it can seal.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

ThomasBr96 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:53 am
Stan's race came out best in test, Effetto Mariposa Caffélatex best value and orange endurance was not so good..

Testing the thick version of Stan's vs the watered down version of Orange Seal is pretty funny. If you want literal boulders rolling around inside your tires, use Stan's Race in your daily tires/wheels.

GeoffS

by GeoffS

pdlpsher1 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:24 am
Some sort of glitter I think. At least thats what it looks like when I've washed out some old bottles of Orange Seal.

CR987

by CR987

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:00 am
ThomasBr96 wrote:

Testing the thick version of Stan's vs the watered down version of Orange Seal is pretty funny. If you want literal boulders rolling around inside your tires, use Stan's Race in your daily tires/wheels.
But Stan's Race still doesn't work. It has been pi$$ING out constantly for my last 10 rides

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CR987

by CR987

ThomasBr96 wrote:
BTW, that is for MTB at 30psi. Completely useless at anything over 55psi.
This is what I watched years ago and convinced me to go tubeless
https://youtu.be/LOi4czjB1No