Factor Ostro

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ArtV

by ArtV

Thanks. I already did some investigation and the rattle happens when I turn the bars and I was able to 'hook' the cable through the bottle cage bolt opening and it stops. With that I am pretty sure it is rattling in the downtube (think that is the correct term).

Hope I am correct and can resolve this without resorting to replacing the brake lines. Love the look of integrated cables but they can be a pain.

kode54

by kode54

Sounds like it was assembled without the foam dampener. You'll have to stuff some foam in the downtube or try to wrap foam on the cables through the headset area. At home improvement stores, they sell a foam with a slice along the edge so you can wrap it around an existing pipe...and along the edges, there's adhesive. Might be your best bet.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ArtV

by ArtV

Well, I am all set with three types of foam:

Jagwire which is about the size of the cable
Pipe insulation (from a hardware store)
And don't laugh........ a pool noodle. Color perfectly matches the Flickr blue. :-)

I am thinking the pipe insulation is going to be the best bet. I could see the Jagwire stuff still smacking against the inner wall of the frame but I really won't know until I try. The pool noodle looks too big.

Art

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

kode54

by kode54

Jagwire when installing since it is a bit narrow. You'll need to take the hoses off and thread it through the foam.

Pipe insulation is what I used to use several years back. A bit heavier because of the bulk, but I.D. is large enough to put (at the time) Di2 wire and hydraulic hose together. You just need something between the frame and the hose anyway you can.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

ArtV

by ArtV

Done. It wasn't TOO terribly difficult. I mean I didn't cuss or cut my hands so how bad could it have been?

I went with the foam pipe insulation.

ArtV

inertianinja

by inertianinja

Has anyone used a non-BlackInc handlebar with the Ostro?

I have the barstem, but it's about 7mm longer than my usual, and I am thinking of switching if possible.

kode54

by kode54

Someone asked about that on pg 65 regarding a S-Works stem. I'm curious about this as well, both stem and handlebar with internal hydro hose routing.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

MysticRiver

by MysticRiver

Does the Solid lube techonology in the headset bearings change the feel drastically? I've been told by a couple people that my headset is too tight and I should loosen it and not sure whether the bearings just feel different than standard bearings or if the headset was overtightened when the bike was assemebled...

MysticRiver

by MysticRiver

New barstem highlighted by cycling tips towards the end of https://cyclingtips.com/2022/07/tour-de ... oad-stage/

Also Mike Woods using a Darimo seatpost

Conradsleight

by Conradsleight

MysticRiver wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:13 pm
New barstem highlighted by cycling tips towards the end of https://cyclingtips.com/2022/07/tour-de ... oad-stage/

Also Mike Woods using a Darimo seatpost
Curious when they will release this. Presumably soon given they're using it. Have my new bike coming next month and would be nice to have the latest.

bruno2000

by bruno2000

If I buy an Ostro frame without the integrated handlebar, will I be able to use any stem I want?
Do you know of the frame is provided with a 'non-integrated' topcap for the headset?

mathias720

by mathias720

did anyone find a Direct mount hanger other than from factor them self? or did anyone find a supplier in europe having them in stock ?
will be crazy expensive with tax and shipping from US or HK. so hoping to find one in europe.

mathias720

by mathias720

bruno2000 wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:17 am
If I buy an Ostro frame without the integrated handlebar, will I be able to use any stem I want?
Do you know of the frame is provided with a 'non-integrated' topcap for the headset?
The integrated handlebar/stem is part of the frameset package.
but you can use regular stem/handlebars as long as there is holes for cables to run on the inside. dont need any other topcap or anything.

MysticRiver

by MysticRiver

mathias720 wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:12 am
did anyone find a Direct mount hanger other than from factor them self? or did anyone find a supplier in europe having them in stock ?
will be crazy expensive with tax and shipping from US or HK. so hoping to find one in europe.
I was not able to find one but would love to...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kode54

by kode54

Factor quoted $75 for their version. Wasn't that much when I bought one from them for the O2 VAM (same DM hanger)...probably around half that back then.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc